Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2020, 09:40 AM

227 posts, read 222,980 times

Advertisements

i think we need to follow some basic rules, have a list of things you want to pick.... go in and get it and get out as soon as possible.
Also wear a mask or if nothing else, cover your nose wth some scarf or something....something is better than nothing

and once you get back, wash your clothes and take a hot shower.... also clean your groceries thorughly

i know you can still catch the virus even after doing this , but we have to fight it ....stay safe everyone

Old 03-27-2020, 09:42 AM

5,827 posts, read 4,164,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanz7887 View Post
i think we need to follow some basic rules, have a list of things you want to pick.... go in and get it and get out as soon as possible.
Also wear a mask or if nothing else, cover your nose wth some scarf or something....something is better than nothing

and once you get back, wash your clothes and take a hot shower.... also clean your groceries thorughly

i know you can still catch the virus even after doing this , but we have to fight it ....stay safe everyone

The whole hot shower/hot tea/gargling thing that was passed around on Facebook recently was a hoax. I'm all for cleaning yourself, but that recording of the British lady talking about hot liquids (or the sun) killing the virus was a hoax.

I'm not sure if that's what you're referring to, but I wanted to point this out in case anyone else had heard the clip.

Old 03-27-2020, 09:44 AM

227 posts, read 222,980 times
no , i didnt say anything about drinking anything , just cleaning and sanitizing.... seems like thats wht the doctors are doing

Old 03-27-2020, 09:57 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,491,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown00 View Post
How often are pple honestly going grocery shopping or leaving house for small errands??
Oh, I'm locked up tighter than a drum. But then lightning fries your internet service and the Frontier service guy breezes into our home.

Old 03-27-2020, 10:13 AM

609 posts, read 263,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
Are you sure about that? I mean, I spent a solid 10 years dating in Dallas, and never had one comment about my car. Also the median age of a car in the US is older than 10 years.
I dated in Dallas and the vast majority of men would ask what my career was, right off the bat, and if they weren't impressed enough they would walk away. So men do this kind of shallow stuff too. It's funny when they lose their jobs and realize how shallow they were being.

Old 03-27-2020, 10:13 AM

3,834 posts, read 4,438,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiping View Post
Dallas County 303
Tarrant County 90
Collin County 53
Denton County 70

Also, it is said that within a week all DFW mayors will start a collaborative regional shutdown.
Collin County March 27 87 confirmed cases

Old 03-27-2020, 10:26 AM

578 posts, read 478,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
Deaths today are a product of new cases a week ago.
And new cases are a product of infections one weeks ago.

New York didn't shutdown until one week ago, spreading virus like crazy in packed subway cars for weeks.
Now the streets are empty and probably the curve will be flattened in next week.

Old 03-27-2020, 11:09 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,174,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiping View Post

Also, it is said that within a week all DFW mayors will start a collaborative regional shutdown.
Source?

Old 03-27-2020, 12:12 PM

451 posts, read 319,783 times
Question for the moderator - Do you have statistics on how many people are viewing this specific thread? Just want to understand the influence of this thread.

Old 03-27-2020, 12:46 PM

451 posts, read 319,783 times
Email from Mary Elbanna, Chief of Staff, Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson (Some real good information here in the email)

Subject: City of Dallas COVID-19 Update: March 26
Date: March 26, 2020 at 11:41:13 PM CDT

Dear City of Dallas Partner:

The following is an update on the City of Dallas’ planning and preparedness efforts regarding COVID-19, as of March 26, 2020.

Positive cases of COVID-19
303 in Dallas County – 56 are new
66 in Collin County
90 in Tarrant County
70 in Denton County
2 in Kaufman County
0 in Rockwall County
6 in Ellis County
Lab Reports
As of 5:00 p.m. the City of Dallas Office of Emergency Management has received a report from six labs. Below are the numbers for today, Thursday, March 26, 2020:
706 COVID-19 tests
63 positive
618 negative

Community Based Testing Sites – The numbers reported from the two community based testing sites for March 25 are as follows:
American Airlines Center
Ellis Davis Field House
Total number of individuals: 574
Total number of individuals: 355
Total tested: 250
Total tested: 253

Below are testing numbers to date:

Total Tests to date by DCHHS
Total Tests to date private labs*
Total Negative tests to date*
Total active cases
Total deaths
Total recovered
*Numbers as of March 13, 2020 to date, since the Mayor’s order went into effect

Update from the state
Gov. Abbott issued an Executive Order mandating a self-quarantine of 14 days for individuals traveling to Texas as their final destination through an airport from the Tri-State Area of NY, NJ, or CT as well as the city of New Orleans, LA.

Updates from Dallas County
Attached is a map provided by Dallas County that shows positive COVID-19 cases over zip codes as of 3/25/2020.
Dallas County held a press conference at 6 p.m. and discussed the following:
There are four COVID-19 tests from the Dallas County jail that will most likely come back positive.
The county has worked with the state to add a 250-bed mobile hospital, the judge referred to it as, “a hospital in a box.” There is a need for this hospital.
The county is sending a request to the state for national guardsmen. The guardsmen would be here on a medical mission and would not be here to enforce any kind of marshall law.
Today Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS) reported 56 additional positive cases of COVID-19, bringing the total case count in Dallas County to 303.
The seventh death from COVID-19 was reported, of a woman in her 90’s who was a resident of the city of Dallas. This individual had been critically ill in an area hospital and did not have other high-risk chronic health conditions.
Of cases requiring hospitalization to date, about two-thirds (67%) have been either over 60 years of age or have had at least one known high-risk chronic health condition.
City Operations
Both COVID-19 Community Based Testing Sites reached their federal testing capacity today. The federal limit is 250 tests, per site, each day.
Public Affairs and Outreach has created a shareable graphic for you to encourage your constituents to stay at home. The graphic is attached in English and Spanish.
Dallas Area Rapid Transit's (DART) board has agreed to expand its Rider Assistance Program (RAP) by taking over a City of Dallas service used by seniors and disabled persons. Dallas currently provides a last resort Senior Medical Transportation Program (SMTP) for low to moderate income persons who reside within the city and who do not qualify for other transportation programs.
Utility Assistance
The Public Utilities Commission of Texas voted Thursday to temporarily prevent utility companies from disconnecting power and water services to residents financially affected by the COVID-19 pandemic
However, residents must still pay their bills via a deferred payment plan (residents need to contact their service provider for customer assistance)
REP’s that participate will be able to request reimbursement from the Covid-19 Electricity Relief Program which is “funded by the proceeds of a .33 cent per megawatt hour charge billed monthly.” Per the order, “For a Texas household that typically uses 1,000 kilowatt hours of electricity per month, the charge on their bill would be an additional 33 cents.”
The order does not address commercial shutoffs, we are seeking guidance on how that is being handled
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please call Mayor Johnson's office at (214) 670-3301.

Thank you,

Mary Elbanna
Chief of Staff
Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson
mary.elbanna@dallascityhall.com
214-670-7977
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas