Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 01:42 PM

29,507 posts, read 14,668,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
. I'm in a city that is over 70% black and as of right now there are no riots or property damage because of it. Today is business as usual.
My reply was misleading, I apologize. I did not mean to lump what is going on today in Ferguson with any other cities. I don't think anything is going on anywhere else as a result of the verdict other than the typical violent crimes that happen everyday in those cities.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:46 PM

29,507 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
How is that even possible? Do you know that marshall law would be declared in all of these cities right now if black people reacted in droves to this verdict or behaved in the manner that people keep describing?
Again, my reply was misleading, I apologize. I did not mean to lump what is going on today in Ferguson with any other cities. I don't think anything is going on anywhere else as a result of the verdict other than the typical violent crimes that happen everyday in those cities.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:48 PM

186 posts, read 158,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
i blame his parents for raising a thug. It's obvious from the video that he learned his thug ways from his parents. No wonder he ended up in a deadly encounter with a police officer. He didn't respect authority, just like his parents don't respect authority.

I would be devastated if my son were shot and killed. But...my son wouldn't rob a store. My son wouldn't strong-arm a store owner. My son would get out the street if an officer told him to. My son wouldn't go for a policeman's gun. My son wouldn't call a cop "f*cking p*ssy." my son wouldn't taunt a cop. My son wouldn't resist arrest. My son wouldn't charge a cop. If he did those things, i would blame myself for not teaching him right from wrong.

And i sure as hell wouldn't be in the streets shouting profanities and urging the public to burn down my city.
ditto.every.word.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:50 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,991,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Well it seems they did listen to someone...

Brown's stepfather: 'Burn this ***** down!' | News - Home
That is shameful. I have heard people argue that his parents are not looking for negative attention on this matter and I believe that is a lie. You don't get some of the race baiting activists involved in this if you aren't looking for some attention to be drawn here. But to have this reported makes me respect them less. I certainly feel very bad for them, but I cannot even begin to understand how they believe that mentality is going to help anything.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:52 PM

241 posts, read 189,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Verdict can be used in a non-legal sense as indicated in the definition:
OPINION, JUDGEMENT

My verdict is that you're arguing just for argument's sake.
So where do we draw the line? Should we also allow the term "not guilty" to be ignorantly thrown around in this case? One could argue that Darren Wilson wasn't guilty in a "non-legal sense", but using that term in a grand jury decision would be horribly inaccurate.

Sorry, but the use of legally incorrect terms like "verdict," "acquitted," and "not guilty" in reference to the Michael Brown case completely undermines one's argument in the eyes of those of us who possess a modicum of intelligence.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:53 PM

31,085 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Is this even real?

Old 11-25-2014, 01:55 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,615,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Michael Brown's mother is on this video shouting profanities and his stepfather telling the crowd "Burn this b*tch down!" after grand jury's decision was announced. I'm not surprised MB grew up to be a thug. The apple down didn't fall far from the tree.

Heartbroken Michael Brown's Mother Reacts To Verdict

You hear a man say, 'we're gonna get justice" ?
Justice was served yesterday, when the Grand Jury came back without charging the police officer.
She and her gang obviously didn't hear or see all the evidence that the grand jury saw, and don't want to realize that there are consequences to actions, as did her son.

It's sad that a young man had to die, but it's the result of his own actions.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:56 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,358,419 times
No one wants true justice if they bring in people like Al Sharpton and professional rioters, who apparently have no real jobs. I also want to add that the news shows are talking about how the grand jury got it wrong. None of us were there and I do not believe that the grand jury, which has probably been empaneled for quite a while, wanted this case. Everything was dumped on them when in reality these juries normally only hear basic information and not every piece of evidence. I just hope that no one publishes their names and address.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:58 PM

14,956 posts, read 12,162,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I wish this officer peace and to be able to get on with his life.

I wish the town of Ferguson a major winter event of snow as it will get the thugs off the streets
I wish him the same.

I also wish the good people of Ferguson, who want nothing more than peace, and to get on with their lives, peace and the ability to get back what they have lost in becoming sacrifices on Al Sharpton's and his cohorts altar of "race relations". Because I'm sure that all that protesting, all that looting and destruction was carried out by strangers who claim they care what happens there, but in reality care only about their own race-baiting agendas.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:59 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,429,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Really? Because I gotta say, I grew up in a wealthy, white, conservative area of the country - one of the wealthiest in the country, in fact. Many of my peers shoplifted and smoked pot in high school. They're teaching your children, writing your newspapers, and making your laws as we speak.
Uh huh. Tell us more about how white kids get away with crimes....I dare any white guy on here to walk up to a cop and punch him/her....see how well "white privilege" helps you out....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events