Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 02:00 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,185,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
That's why I've always been extremely cautious around women cops. Since I am big and black, I have to assume they would immediately just shoot me if they thought I was a threat. No sudden moves, no hands in pockets and I always keep in their view until I leave the area. Oh yeah, I am a law abiding citizen with no record. Some big wooly, cornbread and pinto bean eatin' steroid shootin' good ole boy cop that's bigger then me? Nah, I'm not scared of them. They'd be more likely to want to rassle or just straight up whoop my ass if I ever got in a tussle with one.

I'm just joking of course, mostly...but when you are big and black you have to at least explore the possibility in your mind occasionally. People like you think as soon as a cop sees a wild black "animal" on the loose, the use of deadly force is authorized and encouraged - when he probably should have just waited for backup. Walking in the street, shoplifting and disrespecting an officer are not punishable by death.

However, the grand jury couldn't come to a 9 vote decision to let it go to trial. It doesn't mean the Officer is innocent or followed proper procedure.
It is a shame that you feel that way.l Unfortunate I am sure there is some truth there. You might save some lives if you could spread your message at school or churches.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:01 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Is this even real?
Yeah, its real.

Police investigating assault and theft following argument between Brown family relatives | FOX2now.com

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
It doesn't matter if he was a good boy or not. He's dead. If your kid was shot to death, wouldn't YOU be completely devastated & angry about it? Yeah, yeah I think you would. Do you really blame his parents for being upset? Honestly, do any of you ever for a moment close your mouths & think about what it would be like to be in someone else's shoes? It's not that hard to do.
It would pains me deeply however as a father I am accountable for ensuring my kids are raised to become good people and ensure they will treat others with respect and if they make mistakes it is my responsibility to ensure they are accountable and receive the proper punishment.

If everyone supports their children's misbehavior we will have never-ending disputes and even wars. That's how things were in the ancient times when reason is dictated by might and brute force.

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piscesinphoenix View Post
A wonder Obama didn't say if he'd had a son it'd look like Michael.
Oh, and I do agree about the burning, rioting, looting thing. By doing so, they've made their community even poorer and more unstable, destroyed someone else's livelihood. Worse, they've just reinforced the very stereotype they rail against. You just can't cure stupid.
The sad thing is, I'm not so sure that the thugs who did all the looting and destruction were necessarily even from that community.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:03 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
No, I don't have much experience with guns. That's just not something I have an interest in. However, that doesn't make me some naive little poster on the internet who doesn't know how things work "in the real world." My husband was a sharp shooter in the military and participated in William Tell competitions regularly.

Anyone with decent gun skills could manage not to shoot to kill. Rarely is the intended target so far away that the only thing you can hit is the torso. A good shot to a knee or leg will just as easily get a criminal target down so they can be arrested.

If you can't understand that, then I'm glad you aren't cops.
You willing to risk your life to spare the thug's who's assaulting you with intent to harm/kill you? Because that's what it would take, legs move fast when someone is running at you, and it's very easy for the bullet to slide right through muscle tissue and not slow the person down at all. There is good reason for aiming at center mass and not stopping until the threat is down.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:03 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Awwww. He had to fight the 'demon' (his words) that Michael Brown looked like to him.

Well, at least he's still alive.

I just look at the Trayvon Martin case; so many people backed Zimmerman - whose personal witnesses have NOW turned against HIM.

You don't know; I don't know exactly what happened and we never will. But at least the officer is alive to tell his tale.
Well, unlike the Trayvon Martin case, it seems that there were many eyewitnesses to what happened in the Michael Brown case.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:04 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earn Your Own Keep View Post
They? I am one person, not several people. Your use of the plural pronoun "they" is inaccurate, Shakespeare.
Thank you for making my point. You have no argument so you resort to grammar corrections.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:06 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,422,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Rudy does some whitesplaining...

whitesplain - Wiktionary
So is blacksplaining when you get mad and just set things on fire?

Old 11-25-2014, 02:06 PM

6,693 posts, read 5,923,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistym View Post
Great man!!! Giuliani didn't do a darn thing except show up at the sight. As mayor, he's expected to do just that - show up and show face. If Giuliani was so great, why did the IAFF urged people not to vote for him during the presidential bid. Who feels it knows it. Great man! please. If anything, he used New Yorkers pain as pathway to enter the presidential race. Talk to first responders and their families. I'm sure they can give you scores of stories.
Please. The IAFF was, and is, a highly partisan pro-Democratic union. Giuliani was good to firefighters, as you would find out if you actually talked to them rather than believe some political propaganda put out by their unrepresentative leadership.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:08 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Black leaders look for angst not facts. They leverage on the uninformed and uses that to build momentum to cause social unrest and push for more bargaining power regardless what is just.
I think many, if not most, black leaders are more logical and reasonable than Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and that ilk..... Most live in the communities they seek to help....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earn Your Own Keep View Post
They? I am one person, not several people. Your use of the plural pronoun "they" is inaccurate, Shakespeare.
oh PULEEEASE..... this is not an attorney or other law forum.... people are trying to discuss their opinions on what is taking place 30 miles north of me.... no one CARES if an obscure legal term was used out of context....

and yes.... protesters have the absolute right to protest.... the looters and destroyers of property not their own have the absolute right to be arrested and jailed.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events