Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 12:54 PM

1 posts, read 627 times

Advertisements

I'm a black american women, I see this as a tragic incident for both Brown and the Officer that killed him. I don't believe the Office woke up
that morning thinking he's going to kill a young Black kid today the same way I don't believe Brown woke up thinking this will be his last day on
earth. We all have a day to leave this earth the scary part about this is we don't know when or how and sometimes we rush our death. I believe; this is just my belief I'm not looking for anyone to sign off on it, That if Brown had not rob or attempt to rod the store this tragedy would not have
happen every action carries a consequence I'm only speaking of Michael Brown death I do know there were other killings by police officers. My prayers go out to both families.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:55 PM

639 posts, read 821,614 times
While I agree with some of the things that have been said some of the other things have been said are flat out ridiculous. But I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I think one thing we all can agree on is that the police and the black community need to work on there relationship with each other.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:57 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,525,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Yep they're still protesting with their arms raised in spite of the facts that show Michael Brown was not killed with his hands up. I don't understand the mentality.
Me either

I bet there is so much adrenaline going on their right now.

Every one of those rioters ought to be charged to pay for the damage they have done.
From the streets, to the cars, to the houses, to people's business'.
And everyone of those cops deserves a bonus having to deal with such ignorant thugs.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:58 PM

639 posts, read 821,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
So, you're saying that the cop should have just stood there and allowed himself to be executed? I guess his family means less than Michael's. Why? Because most black people are taught to hate cops? I'm just asking....
Wrong. Most blacks who have a issue with cops do so because of PAST bad experiences with them. I know this first hand growing up in the inner city.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:58 PM

29,509 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
It doesn't matter if he was a good boy or not. He's dead. If your kid was shot to death, wouldn't YOU be completely devastated & angry about it? Yeah, yeah I think you would. Do you really blame his parents for being upset? Honestly, do any of you ever for a moment close your mouths & think about what it would be like to be in someone else's shoes? It's not that hard to do.
Interesting...this parent speaks in favor of the object that killed his child. I don't recall seeing anything about "burning this bi#$% down"...

Mass Shooting Survivor Speaks Out…IN FAVOR of Guns in Testimony to Congress

Old 11-25-2014, 12:59 PM

18,478 posts, read 31,656,752 times
it all comes down to bad parenting, doesn't it now?

Old 11-25-2014, 01:00 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,126,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon504 View Post
It comes from reality my friend and I can't tell you how many people have been affected by racism. Trust me. Myself as millions of others are sick of having to deal with this issue and more importantly tired of people acting like race is a non-issue today. It's alive and well in ALL arenas of life, the only difference is now its done a little more SLICK then the old days . A lot of those people are in positions of power those that can affect housing, jobs, developement etc. Some of yall act like racism has to be blatant for you to see it but sometimes its not done blantlanly. WHITE SUPREMACY is a BEAST. Which by the way is not a color its a mentality. I'm sick of people turning the blind eye when it comes to minorities especially to black folks, that's all. I hope you respect my mind.
Of course I respect your opinion. Unfortunately ( or fortunately, depending how you look at it) it sounds like your reasons are anecdotal rather than experience based. I've seen racism. Whites, Blacks, Asians, Hispanics, etc. but unless someone actually acts on their racists views, they are just bitter people holding a grudge for no reason.

My son and his friends ( millennials) could care less about race. They joke around about it.
Sometimes I think the world will be a much better place when my generation and the one preceding it are gone.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:00 PM

2,294 posts, read 3,431,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Other countries have managed to figure it out. The two guys who murdered Lee Rigby in England waited for police to arrive and then charged at them, one assailant with a gun and the other with a cleaver. The British police shot and disabled them.

Whole different scenario, as you stated these assailants waited for the cops to arrive. Officer Wilson was dealing with a here and now situation, he had to think on his feet and with the attacker apparently not willing to stand down and on the attack he took the only steps he could.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:02 PM

18,478 posts, read 31,656,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I blame his parents for raising a thug. It's obvious from the video that he learned his thug ways from his parents. No wonder he ended up in a deadly encounter with a police officer. He didn't respect authority, just like his parents don't respect authority.

I would be devastated if my son were shot and killed. But...my son wouldn't rob a store. My son wouldn't strong-arm a store owner. My son would get out the street if an officer told him to. My son wouldn't go for a policeman's gun. My son wouldn't call a cop "f*cking p*ssy." My son wouldn't taunt a cop. My son wouldn't resist arrest. My son wouldn't charge a cop. If he did those things, I would blame MYSELF for not teaching him right from wrong.

And I sure as hell wouldn't be in the streets shouting profanities and urging the public to burn down my city.

times 3, I have three sons, none of my sons would ever be in MB category, ever.

you are my kind of parent.

I agree with this post a million percent.

I blame his parents also! What kind of parents could they possibly have been?

Old 11-25-2014, 01:03 PM

779 posts, read 632,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And their are many that do that and quite successfully but as I can see how you replied to my post you are looking outward towards the majority of people that only believe what they see in the media. Perception is everything, and the black community needs to understand that. I live in a suburb of Detroit , and 98% of the crime/murder reported is done by blacks. Yet I try to keep an open mind, but that doesn't deny the fact that in a predominately black population there is an exorbant amount of crime and murder. Maybe , just maybe people like Sharpton and Jackson whom I'm sure the majority of successful blacks can't stand, need to lead change what is happening in the inner cities vs race baiting. The perception is only going to get worse when things like Ferguson happen along with the murder rates going up in the inner cities.
I guess it can be seen as looking outwards. Not sure what that means. I was speaking about people who believe what they see in the media because that is what the person I was speaking to was referencing.

Perception may be everything but to condone the continued burden on the average black person to try and erase that perception is absurd. The same way in which some white people want to start off on a clean slate and not be seen as judgmental racists is the same way that the average black person wants to go about their day without having to prove time and time again that they are not apart of the violent criminal minority.

Funny how it is not ok for some to perceive Ferguson as a battle worth fighting but it is ok to perceive a group a certain way based on the clips on the news. What's even funnier is I am sure that there are good news stories about people who look just like the criminal element and yet the perception keeps on focusing on the guy who robbed or shot someone.

Keep this in mind THE MAJORITY OF BLACK PEOPLE RE NOT CRIMINALS PERIOD!!!!!! That is all you need to know. I don't care how disproportionate it is to white people. White people are disporportionately worse than Asians. How often do white people go around having to prove what they're not?

You call it race baiting but the majority of their time is spent in communities talking about reducing black on black crime and doing things to upflit the community. Interesting that only their prescence at Ferguson and other places gets news coverage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events