Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2014, 11:36 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times

Advertisements

Fox news. What a joke. WOW 6 whole people were arrested! What a massive turn out! Fox. Probably one of the most hyped up fear media sources we have. It is amazing they are still on the air!

Old 11-27-2014, 11:45 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Every great moment in African American history was from black people and white people working together for good of the country with out regard for their own safety and welfare. Most of what black people alone try to achieve or white people alone try to achieve with regard to African Americans falls flat and turns out to be counter productive to the struggle for unity and solidarity.

So look around yourself, if you hold too many political views, and responses that are not held by a cross section of ethnic groups in America ,IMO you might be part of the problem.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:00 PM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post

Back to Ferguson, I think the economic fallout is going to be terrible. I did read however that the lady who owned the bake shop that was vandalized has received over 100k in donations.
Over 200K in donations now......

To me, that bakery shop was the saddest story out of Ferguson. Kid was a thug, media blew it up into the newest Trayvon story and the owners of the bakery didn't board up because they were a local black owned business and figured the locals would spare their shop.........and the place got destroyed.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:57 PM

10,018 posts, read 8,621,189 times
Want a Chuckle?

Ferguson Protester Accidentally Burns Down Own House - The Daily Currant

Old 11-27-2014, 01:02 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenrr View Post
Gee,
I wonder why some African Americans would be "mad at the world."

and you should stop generalizing.

who is "They"?
every single black person is "mad at the world"?
do you see how ridiculous a statement that is?
If you hear the word 'They' and immediately assume it means Black people... ... ...you might be a racist.

Old 11-27-2014, 01:17 PM

1,274 posts, read 978,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
You realize it's a satire site, right? Right?

But I loved the story!!!

Old 11-27-2014, 01:25 PM

271 posts, read 532,085 times
There are unreliable witnesses. Happens all the time.

And then there are witnesses that make crap up because they can't stand seeing another black person-- perhaps someone they even know-- go to jail or die, even if it's a result of something they legitimately did.

I'd toss out every single damn witness account in the case of a black kid getting shot by a white cop in a black neighbourhood.

Ugh, I can't even imagine the stress of trying to secure that crime scene as 40 locals surround it. This scene repeats itself daily in Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, you name it. "Where were you, Mr. Police?"

Well, where the hell were you before all this?

Old 11-27-2014, 01:38 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,538,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Ann View Post
What do African Americans REALLY think about the "WHITE" demonstraters marching "With Them" against the grand jury's decision not to bring charges against this officer?
I'm black and I really don't care who/what color person protests against the grand jury's decision. Protest? Protest what? A criminal charging a police officer? What did they expect to happen?

I read somewhere that Michael Brown was days away from starting technical college. Methinks he should have kept his ass at home and started school as planned. His result from THAT behavior could have been more lucrative than "frontin'" just to get a coupla Swishas for free.

Old 11-27-2014, 02:54 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,532,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenrr View Post
Gee,
I wonder why some African Americans would be "mad at the world."

and you should stop generalizing.

who is "They"?
every single black person is "mad at the world"?
do you see how ridiculous a statement that is?
Pictures I saw were of fat white people

Old 11-27-2014, 03:43 PM

5,788 posts, read 5,101,059 times
While the discourse has been about race...what about parenting, and specifically bad parenting? I am not a parent, but it seems to me that Brown's thuggish behavior robbing a store and his attempt to intimidate the police stem at least in part from a failure by his parents. Do parents take responsibility of their kids anymore? Or is it easier to just blame others?

In the same way, where were the parents of that 12 yo boy with that massive fake machine gun? Who gave this boy a toy gun with the orange toy indicator SCRATCHED off?

Parenting, anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events