Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2014, 08:02 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post

OMG!!!

Look, it is not a race thing to protest. It is about systematic execution of black men at the hands of law enforcement, vigilantes, or just angry insecure white men. Anyone who thinks that is wrong is welcome to join the protest.
Systematic execution of black men? Back that up with some links please. The majority of black men are killed by other black men.

Jason Riley: The Other Ferguson Tragedy - WSJ

THAT is what you should be protesting.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:10 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,101,059 times
Quote:
All of those adjectives are true. If that is offensive to you... the truth normally does that.

People aren't protesting over this one incident. They are protesting the systematic execution of black males in this country.

Your entire argument is based on a strawman argument and a healthy dose of respectability politics.

Thousands of whites have killed other whites in cities across the United States, yet no one mentions this by mainstream media?

You are missing the point. This is about systematic execution of black males by a slanted criminal justice system. Black on black violence is a separate. It is used to deflect accountability.

What about all the beatings and killings that blacks inflicted on non-blacks and non-whites like Asians? Does that count as black racism against others? Why are blacks so sensitive to police beating and killing them when many blacks systematically target Asians for robbery and killing because the Asians are easy targets? Fix your own problems before you blame others. Many Asians, I am sure, have absolutely no sympathies for thugs like Michael Brown.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:52 AM

777 posts, read 880,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
These violent protests and destruction are bringing racism back. I have heard the "N-word" and more talk about the ghetto dwellers in the past few months than I have in my entire life. Great work protestors........you are doing a fine job of reviving racism.
Racism never went away.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:52 AM

3,244 posts, read 5,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No, why do you ask?
You asked whether a parent would be devastated. His mom did beat up her mother-in-law.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:35 AM

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wushuliu View Post
Well no one's ever going to accuse you of being a grammar nazi. Not the grammar part anyway.
Ah yes, the stale old NAZI throwdown. How 1990s

Good catch on the poster's grammar, by the way.

Did you really mean to point out the error in punctuation?

Old 11-28-2014, 09:54 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Systematic execution of black men? Back that up with some links please. The majority of black men are killed by other black men.

Jason Riley: The Other Ferguson Tragedy - WSJ

THAT is what you should be protesting.
No ****.

The majority of white men are killed by other white men. What is your point?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
What about all the beatings and killings that blacks inflicted on non-blacks and non-whites like Asians? Does that count as black racism against others? Why are blacks so sensitive to police beating and killing them when many blacks systematically target Asians for robbery and killing because the Asians are easy targets? Fix your own problems before you blame others. Many Asians, I am sure, have absolutely no sympathies for thugs like Michael Brown.
No, it does not.

You have to prove racial motivation. Considering blacks are more likely to encounter whites than other blacks, they have a higher rate of crime towards whites than vice versa. The average white person rarely comes in contact with blacks.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:14 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Blacks are EvERYWHERE in this country.

If a white person with generational history in this country doesn't have black friends or even associates they can talk to about things that interest them, then it's because they don't want to.

Anyway, in real life I don't discuss race issues with white AMERICANS, because they like to play stupid or have selective amnesia about things.

But I will talk about it with foreign born whites or non-white groups like Asians, Hispanics, Samoans, et.

We all share the same "history" of European invasion, brutality, massacres, and colonialism.
This just isn't a healthy way to think. I have several black friends, but OP may not. Maybe she lives in Phoenix or Utah?

Mindfvcking European history is non-productive anyway. I'm of Irish and Greek heritage. We had nothing to do with the slave trade and didn't even arrive in this country until that was long over.

Disliking, immediately mistrusting , and questioning every motive of a person based on the color of their skin is racism. You are racist.

I'm glad I don't feel that way. I would have missed out on meeting a bunch of really cool people.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
No ****.

The majority of white men are killed by other white men. What is your point?!

No, it does not.

You have to prove racial motivation. Considering blacks are more likely to encounter whites than other blacks, they have a higher rate of crime towards whites than vice versa. The average white person rarely comes in contact with blacks.
You have reading comprehension problems. We aren't talking about white men.

The majority of black men are being killed by other black men.

YOU said, "systematic execution of black men at the hands of law enforcement, vigilantes, or just angry insecure white men"

Black men are not being executed systematically by law enforcement, vigilantes, or angry white men. They are being executed by other black men.

There average white person rarely comes in contact with blacks? Where do you live that this is true?

From Websters Dictionary:

sys·tem·at·ic
ˌsistəˈmadik/
adjective

adjective: systematic
  1. done or acting according to a fixed plan or system; methodical.
    "a systematic search of the whole city"
    synonyms:structured, methodical, organized, orderly, planned, systematized, regular, routine, standardized, standard;

ex·e·cu·tion (ks-kyshn)
    n.1. a. The act of executing something.
    b. The state of being executed.

2. The manner, style, or result of performance: The plan was sound; its execution, faulty.
    3. The act or an instance of putting to death or being put to death as a lawful penalty.
    4. Law a. The carrying into effect of a court judgment.
    b. A writ empowering an officer to enforce a judgment.
    c. Validation of a legal document by the performance of all necessary formalities.

5. Archaic Effective, punitive, or destructive action.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:17 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
CD is not an english writing class....

thank you, I have been saying this for years. no one seems to get this.
and also english is everyones primary language, as it is not mine. and I have been corrected a few times. LOL

and like I care????

Old 11-28-2014, 10:17 AM

BTW, you really sound like you are parroting what some other angry radical has said.

I suggest you understand what you are ranting about before you repeat it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events