Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2014, 01:18 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,030,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutout View Post
Then why are you even in this topic? I'm sure there are a few white Americans in this topic.
Why are you trying to disprove MY belief that Wilson's story about what happened is too unbelievable to be true?

Even the most hardcore dudes out there wouldn't DARE try a cop like the way Wilson said things happened in BROAD DAYLIGHT of all things and not hopped on NARCOTICS - not WEED, but REAL DRUGS.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:21 PM

18,473 posts, read 31,648,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Oh yes, "weed".

Everyone I know who smokes weed are "mellow" when under the influence.

None of them turn into raging hulk-like "demons" with super human strength when they get angry, because it's really hard to get upset while on weed.

If you knew people that smoked, then you would know this.

Also, no one in NYC, not even the cops, call weed a "drug". LOL

Wilson shot that kid down like a dog because he was either:

1) - Angry as hell he wouldn't bow down to him, or

2) He's crazy. The story of the "raging" super hulk like man growing 80 feet tall with demonic eyes should be enough to see that something is not mentally right with this man.

I don't know if racism killed Mike Brown, but Wilson's story sounds like someone seriously disturbed mentally.

It is a drug.

Mike Brown basically killed himself, he put himself in this position, he had only himself to blame, or maybe his parents for bad parenting.

what about the black man that pushed the asian man into the subway, we didn't see the asians rioting and setting fire and destoying thier neighborhoods.

why is that???

I'd like to know what you thought of the video of MB stealing the cigars and pushing the store keeper.

Do tell us Marilyn, I'm dying to know.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:23 PM

18,473 posts, read 31,648,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Yes, Nightcrawler, what would be the MINDSET of someone who would roll up on a police officer, slam his car door on him and begin punching the crap out of him just because he told them to get on the sidewalk??

I grew up in NYC when it was HARDCORE.

And even the baddest dudes I knew wouldn't have pulled no crap like that on a cop EVEN HIGH.

me too!

Old 11-28-2014, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
me too!
How many guys did you know that would go up against a cop in the exact way Mike Brown did?

The only time I ever see this nonsense is in movies. Not REAL LIFE.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
It is a drug.

Mike Brown basically killed himself, he put himself in this position, he had only himself to blame, or maybe his parents for bad parenting.

what about the black man that pushed the asian man into the subway, we didn't see the asians rioting and setting fire and destoying thier neighborhoods.

why is that???

I'd like to know what you thought of the video of MB stealing the cigars and pushing the store keeper.

Do tell us Marilyn, I'm dying to know.
I have nothing to say about ANY of this.

Ask your BLACK FRIENDS how they feel about it.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:54 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,273,755 times
On citydata alone, in the last three days, at least 10 threads have been started by white city-data-ers with questions that start with "Question for black people" or "black people do you" or "black people why don't you speak up about XYZ"... I can't fathom what it's like to use an online forum to speak to an ENTIRE group of people that you apparently can't speak to off the computer. I can't imagine what it's like to imagine that all black people think alike, have the same experience, and thus can answer your questions and speak for the millions of black people that they don't know themselves. What's blatantly clear is that SOME of the white individuals on citydata don't interact with black people very often and thus their "insights" about the black community are based largely off of what the media tells them, what they hear and the conclusions that they've formed based largely on ignorance. I don't necessarily fault the latter--ignorance after all is largely a result of NOT knowing. But the difference between me, and the people that start these types of threads, is that when I'm "ignorant" I don't pretend to know, make assumptions, or ask questions that reveal my ignorance. I TRY to learn, by directly educating myself as much as possible. For instance if I really WANT to know about a particular topic, I'll do research. I'll place myself in situations where I'm exposed to that topic. I'll get objective information. I'll get to know the XYZ'S and circumstances of that topic. And then only once I've learned all that I could, will I say what I know. Until then I keep my mouth shut. I suppose the OP was trying to "learn" by asking a question to black people on city-data, but the problem is, the black people on citydata aren't speakers of the black community as a whole. We are individuals. We don't all protest. We don't all have the same feelings about this case. We don't all have the same experiences. So there's a great probability that the answers you'll get from the SMALL percentage of blacks on this site, will not in anyway provide the type of insight you're hoping to gain from what apparently to you is some monolithic black force.
What's more? We don't need advice or insights from white people who don't interact regularly with black people(apparently) about what we need to do to make our monolithic community better so we can stop blaming whitey.

Old 11-28-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
On citydata alone, in the last three days, at least 10 threads have been started by white city-data-ers with questions that start with "Question for black people" or "black people do you" or "black people why don't you speak up about XYZ"... I can't fathom what it's like to use an online forum to speak to an ENTIRE group of people that you apparently can't speak to off the computer. I can't imagine what it's like to imagine that all black people think alike, have the same experience, and thus can answer your questions and speak for the millions of black people that they don't know themselves. What's blatantly clear is that SOME of the white individuals on citydata don't interact with black people very often and thus their "insights" about the black community are based largely off of what the media tells them, what they hear and the conclusions that they've formed based largely on ignorance. I don't necessarily fault the latter--ignorance after all is largely a result of NOT knowing. But the difference between me, and the people that start these types of threads, is that when I'm "ignorant" I don't pretend to know, make assumptions, or ask questions that reveal my ignorance. I TRY to learn, by directly educating myself as much as possible. For instance if I really WANT to know about a particular topic, I'll do research. I'll place myself in situations where I'm exposed to that topic. I'll get objective information. I'll get to know the XYZ'S and circumstances of that topic. And then only once I've learned all that I could, will I say what I know. Until then I keep my mouth shut. I suppose the OP was trying to "learn" by asking a question to black people on city-data, but the problem is, the black people on citydata aren't speakers of the black community as a whole. We are individuals. We don't all protest. We don't all have the same feelings about this case. We don't all have the same experiences. So there's a great probability that the answers you'll get from the SMALL percentage of blacks on this site, will not in anyway provide the type of insight you're hoping to gain from what apparently to you is some monolithic black force.
What's more? We don't need advice or insights from white people who don't interact regularly with black people(apparently) about what we need to do to make our monolithic community better so we can stop blaming whitey.

What really kills me is the constant posts that Sharpton or Jesse controls the MILLIONS of blacks in America with just ONE word. LMAO!!

I mean seriously? Do they ever READ what it is that they write or say?

I can't speak for Ferguson blacks, because 1) I don't live in Ferguson and 2) contrary to what many whites believe, black folks are not connected to a "borg" where we can all instantly tap into one another's thoughts.

You can tell those who have no lives off the internet or life experiences. It's sad.

Old 11-28-2014, 02:20 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,157,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenrr View Post
People are not marching against the police, we are marching against the injustice of a cop killing an unarmed boy and not being indicted.

If you read about it, you can learn that the whole "grand jury" situation is fixed in favor of the police. No one was saying, let's convict the cop.
we are saying, he should have a trial. he should not be immune.
And when the jurors for that trial acquit the police officer based on the same evidence ( forensic, physical evidence as well as witness' testimony) shown to the Grand Jury members, you'll be angry all over again because the judgement didn't go the way you wanted it to.

Old 11-28-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Ann View Post
What do African Americans REALLY think about the "WHITE" demonstraters marching "With Them" against the grand jury's decision not to bring charges against this officer?
I think you'd have to ask the African Americans who are doing the protesting.

Old 11-28-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
i'm of the black race

i did chuckle yesterday when i seen an article on the msn page about macklemore

i generally just laugh when i see this because i dont think any of it comes from a place of authenticity especially in 2014. it's always more of a way that people ease white guilt or whatever type of issue they have weighing on their shoulder

this moment in time these white celebs have nothing to lose and can only gain from "marching" or whatever... this aint the civil rights era or back in the slave days where something might happen to you if you're percieved as a "n* lover"

if anyone gets what i'm saying.

i guess some people out there think that blacks will be like "aww you're one of us yada yada.."
Yup, I think I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events