Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 04:20 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,005,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I blame his parents for raising a thug. It's obvious from the video that he learned his thug ways from his parents. No wonder he ended up in a deadly encounter with a police officer. He didn't respect authority, just like his parents don't respect authority.

I would be devastated if my son were shot and killed. But...my son wouldn't rob a store. My son wouldn't strong-arm a store owner. My son would get out the street if an officer told him to. My son wouldn't go for a policeman's gun. My son wouldn't call a cop "f*cking p*ssy." My son wouldn't taunt a cop. My son wouldn't resist arrest. My son wouldn't charge a cop. If he did those things, I would blame MYSELF for not teaching him right from wrong.

And I sure as hell wouldn't be in the streets shouting profanities and urging the public to burn down my city.
I agree. It's sad that the young male got killed but he didn't make the situation any better. If Brown would've a been a rational human being and did what they cop told him to do, the situation would've never gotten out of control. Brown chose to have a physical confrontation with the police officer. It's a shame that most Blacks get more angry and upset about cops killing them even though "Black on Black" murders occur a lot more often. There are plenty of law abiding Black males who who get shot and killed by other criminals for simply walking down the street or "being at the wrong place at the wrong time". Yet their aren't any protest for those Black males. It's only a big deal when the white man does it!

Old 11-25-2014, 04:28 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,416,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Still.................can't help wondering if the "Grand Jury," would have been comprised of 6 whites and 6 blacks, the outcome would have been different. I knew which way it was going when they announced that it took 9 jurors for a verdict.............9 were white. Go figure. The DA said the jury had been picked previous to this crime. O.K.; is that fair? Seems like the deck was stacked, from the beginning. I hope that the people were fair; I have a horrible feeling that their minds were closed and made up before they even began deliberating.

Nothing about this horrible crime is fair. The police officer used excessive force against a human being.
How many times did the officer shoot Michael? Seems like once in the leg would have stopped him if the officer was so AFRAID.

I hope Michael's parents sue the city of Ferguson for wrongful death. Michael was unarmed, no car, he was walking. I'm surprised that the police officer did not run over him with his vehicle to make sure he was dead. The officer acts like this was a wild animal coming at him. Then, to leave Michael's body in the street for over 4 hours.

Was the officer afraid that Michael's story would be different than his? Maybe, he could not let Michael live to tell what really happened. The truth of what happened.

There was no justice with that "Grand Jury." Sad, tragic day for Michael's loved ones and for human rights in America.
How the heck do you know the findings would have been different? Are you accusing the jury of racism? And that racism was the basis for the decision and not the facts? Has it even occurred to you that in fact, no crime was committed?

The jury pool is comprised of people from the county, and it was representative of the demographics of the county.

And again, please stop with the BS about "shooting in the leg" and other non sense, it is amazing just how damn clueless people are when it comes to self defense and law enforcement training, it is almost like people enjoy not knowing stuff just to make idiotic statements. No law enforcement agency teaches "shoot to wound", none, zero, zip, nada, whatever word you need to get it through your head. Deadly force is sued to stop the threat, that is it, and to stop that threat, the person shoots at the largest area, the torso. Many shots were fired because it was obvious the first few did not stop Brown, and I imagine Wilson was in panic mode a little.

Please tell me your training and experience with such situations.

Brown's body was left there for the investigation, ans Wilson had nothing to do with that.

The only justice not done was the fact it went to the jury in the first place, There was absolutely no evidence Wilson did anything wrong, and the jury saw this. You are just too obtuse to even acknowledge the facts.

Old 11-25-2014, 04:32 PM

11,372 posts, read 9,288,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I agree. It's sad that the young male got killed but he didn't make the situation any better. If Brown would've a been a rational human being and did what they cop told him to do, the situation would've never gotten out of control. Brown chose to have a physical confrontation with the police officer. It's a shame that most Blacks get more angry and upset about cops killing them even though "Black on Black" murders occur a lot more often. There are plenty of law abiding Black males who who get shot and killed by other criminals for simply walking down the street or "being at the wrong place at the wrong time". Yet their aren't any protest for those Black males. It's only a big deal when the white man does it!
Correct. But let's not forget what really started this was Brown's strong-armed robbery of those cigars at a convenience store.

The video is disturbing. When I watched President Obama's speech when the verdict went down I did not like the references to Michael Brown's family.
Now I know why. The YouTube video in the OP confirmed my reasoning.

She raised a thug and Brown got what he asked for.

Old 11-25-2014, 04:34 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
OP, if you have a kid. Let that kid get shot by a police officer under questionable circumstances that are heavily debated, have that kid's body be left out in the street for hours like the weekly garbage, have the cop who did it make $300k off the deal, have the state not even bother to bring the cop to trial, and then get back to me and see how you feel. If you are any kind of parent, there will be rage involved. Maybe not like Michael Brown's parents, but please believe, you will want all hell to break loose.

Old 11-25-2014, 04:35 PM

639 posts, read 821,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I think you are right. My son is a millennial as well and they say that is the most tolerant generation to date.

The simply do not care about color or sexual orientation.
I agree

Old 11-25-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Exactly.
ok

Old 11-25-2014, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Are you serious? These so-called "witnesses" you are referring to were simply trying to get their 10 seconds of fame. I don't understand how anyone can still believe this nonsense when they have released all the evidence and you can clearly see where witnesses recanted. Do you always believe what anyone says? Without any sort of evidence to back it up??

Ask yourself this question as well.

Old 11-25-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Are you serious? These so-called "witnesses" you are referring to were simply trying to get their 10 seconds of fame. I don't understand how anyone can still believe this nonsense when they have released all the evidence and you can clearly see where witnesses recanted. Do you always believe what anyone says? Without any sort of evidence to back it up??
You're trippin but I'm cool with that lol...

Old 11-25-2014, 04:41 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Michael Brown's mother is on this video shouting profanities and his stepfather telling the crowd "Burn this b*tch down!" after grand jury's decision was announced. I'm not surprised MB grew up to be a thug. The apple down didn't fall far from the tree.

Heartbroken Michael Brown's Mother Reacts To Verdict
I just saw that on NBC Nightly News. The step-dad apologized later...big deal. He incited to begin with. Pfffft.

Old 11-25-2014, 04:42 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,024,551 times
Any chance of hearing a few apologies from Brown's supporters to the poor small business owners (many of whom are black) who have been looted, terrorized, or to the employees who won't have a job to go to? Not only is there a pretty resounding silence - we hear the very antithesis from Brown's stepfather. So much for the underdog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events