Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 02:25 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times

Advertisements

Actually the report I saw earlier today, said that most of the black witnesses agreed with the officer's statements. And the autopsy said that he could not have had his hands raised.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:27 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
The witnesses that told similar stories to the officer are what kept him from being charged.

They are the same people that are seeking protection and relocation (by the NAACP) out of fear of the Brown supporters.

Stay classy guys.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:27 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
What about Massey Ferguson posts about tractors?
Works for me. I like tractors.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:28 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Really? Because I gotta say, I grew up in a wealthy, white, conservative area of the country - one of the wealthiest in the country, in fact. Many of my peers shoplifted and smoked pot in high school. They're teaching your children, writing your newspapers, and making your laws as we speak.
I'll speak a little slower for you then - there is a huge difference between out-of-control frat parties, shoplifting and smoking pot AND FELONY ARMED ROBBERY and ASSAULT ON A POLICE OFFICER.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:29 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Yeah... lets continue to ignore the facts!
What facts am I ignoring? I'm taking this from the thread that outlines his testimony.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:31 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon504 View Post
So everybody who said he was shot while his hands were up were all lying? Strong arming store owner justifies him being murdered too right?
Considering it didn't happen, yes they were lying. Or they were going off of gossip that they thought to be true even though they didn't actually witness the event. Although in that case they were also lying since they claimed to have actually seen what happened. A witness to a crime is not someone who heard that Gerty's cousin's best friend's girlfriend heard from her neighbor that Bobby Sue saw him with his hands in the air.

He wasn't shot because of the strong armed robbery. He was shot because he assaulted a police officer, tried to take his gun, and continued to charge at the officer after being shot multiple times.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:32 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,988,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
it seems that there were many eyewitnesses to what happened in the Michael Brown case.
And yet no one started recording it with their phone, that's the first thing people do these days. That's how they got the choke hold video of Eric Garner. If ya look at the people arrested for looting, burglary, receiving stolen property, many were not from Ferguson. Of course only a small number were caught. They started to chase a car that had burglarized a gas station, but the supervisors wouldn't let them. They had Illinois license plates.

Tourian, The Saginaw woman cop that first arrived on the call of a stolen cup of coffee, that turned into the execution of Milton Hall, said to dispatch, get another officer here or I'll have to shoot him. I personally think women cops are worse as a rule, trying to prove they are as tough as the men and that whole hang up. Those officers weren't indicted and there was video of the entire incident. Really sad and I do wonder why there wasn't an outcry over how it was handled. Cops clearly do not know how to handle folks with mental health problems.

More National Guard tonight but how about last night? They should have had the max number there last night. I hope they don't do anything tonight. What a sad and expensive sideshow it's become.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:34 PM

639 posts, read 821,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Of course people of all races fear American ghetto black men, including other blacks. It's a perfectly justified fear considering the massive amount of crime they cause, statistically speaking. And from personal experience, whenever I've lived around that subset of black men and overheard their conversations, it all seemed to be about their past crimes, their time in prison, and the crimes they were planning to commit.

I'm racist in the sense of recognizing that American ghetto blacks are a different race and more importantly, have very different ways and values. I don't hate them, it's not that sort of racism, but I'm certainly fearful of them in some circumstances ...... I'll cross the street if I see them gathered on a sidewalk, especially at night. Yes, of course the reaction to them is usually different than to whites or Asians, it's only sensible to be more cautious.

However race relations are better now than when I was young, and I do understand the concept of dysfunction remaining due to the way they were treated up until about the 60s. It just seems to be taking a long time for the crime to settle down to something more normal.
I'm NOT scared of black men or no man for that matter.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:35 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,142,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
I think you make a lot of sense in your OP however I want to comment on this very last part and point out that it works both ways. Yes, if Mike Brown would have just "obeyed authority" and gotten out of the road that might have been the end of it. But also, if Darren Wilson would have just driven by instead of 'flexing' his authority this entire fiasco could have been avoided. In such a supposedly crime infested area one would think the cops should have the sense to pick their battles. It wasn't worth it to start drama over a couple people walking in the street.
Yeah a cop can pick their battle, but the beginning part of Wilson's testimony also stated that cars had to almost stop to go around them too, so they clearly were on the yellow lines like the officer stated and needed to get put the road. Use the sidewalk already, since that what is was built for.

I lived in the hood and I can tell you it is very very annoying and aggravating when people walk in the center of the road and refuse to move for cars. Usually it is a intimdation thing and if you blow your horn, say something, or give any reason for a confrontation, one will follow and you never know who has a weapon and ready to use it because they feel you disrespected them.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:35 PM

639 posts, read 821,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Considering it didn't happen, yes they were lying. Or they were going off of gossip that they thought to be true even though they didn't actually witness the event. Although in that case they were also lying since they claimed to have actually seen what happened. A witness to a crime is not someone who heard that Gerty's cousin's best friend's girlfriend heard from her neighbor that Bobby Sue saw him with his hands in the air.

He wasn't shot because of the strong armed robbery. He was shot because he assaulted a police officer, tried to take his gun, and continued to charge at the officer after being shot multiple times.
I have no more words for you. smh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events