Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2014, 10:21 AM

671 posts, read 900,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Do you REALLY believe that a kid NOT ON DRUGS and with NO CRIMINAL RECORD (not even juvie) would be crazy enough to do what Darren Wilson said??

Darren is 6'4" feet tall, 210 pounds while Mike was 6'1", 250, but yet Wilson said he felt like a "5 year old child" against this "raging" black MAN with "demonic" eyes. He began shooting him INSIDE the vehicle and continued shooting when Brown ran. When Brown turned around he said he looked "angry". Well was he supposed to look "happy" after you shot him??

Also, Wilson made sure to use the "tried and true" story of the black man with superhuman hulk-like abilities where they believe they're made of steel and can run through bullets to get to their target.

Brown's murder took less than 60 seconds to complete for a man in "fear for his life".
Hm, interesting. I guess Mike Brown must have gained 3 inches and 40 lbs while he was lying on the ground dead. He's really 6'4" 292 lbs, but I'm sure it was an honest "mistake" and has nothing to do with you trying to prove your point.

He was also the suspect of an assault and robbery that happened down the street.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:22 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
He did get a trial, and from what I've read, it was extensive and very methodical. Just because you already have a pre-conceived idea of what constitutes a "just" outcome does not mean that you should get what you want. You are not privy to the details that were presented to the jury, and you are not part of the process. It's ridiculous to protest when you don't get what you want; that is not how our system works.
That is actually a nice idealistic idea of how the system should work, but not really the reality of how it does work.

It’s Incredibly Rare For A Grand Jury To Do What Ferguson’s Just Did | FiveThirtyEight

Grand jury charges are easy, except against police

Old 11-28-2014, 10:29 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Imagine if all those protesting and rioting these past months, put half as much energy into fighting the gang violence and drugs and despair that blight their communities.

But I suppose it's more convenient and easy to blame others.

The sad thing is, I'm sure there are many Black Americans who are disgusted over these riots and the hypocrisy coming from some in the Black community, yet are too afraid to speak out. Look at what happened to Bill Cosby.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:37 AM

165 posts, read 169,727 times
Default Who is surprised that wilson was not indicted?

Who is really surprised that wilson was not indicted?
Was there anyone here who thought he would be? Who was surprised?
[MOD CUT/copyright violation]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-29-2014 at 07:06 PM..

Old 11-28-2014, 10:42 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,710,350 times
I was not surprised.

But I learned a lot from all this about how much influence prosecutors (assistant prosecutors) have when it comes to grand jury indictments.

They be able to get an indictment for the proverbial ham sandwich, but not for cops, even when they are clearly warranted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Feltser View Post
Who is really surprised that wilson was not indicted?
Was there anyone here who thought he would be? Who was surprised?

Old 11-28-2014, 10:43 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,428,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenrr View Post
Gee,
I wonder why some African Americans would be "mad at the world."

and you should stop generalizing.

who is "They"?
every single black person is "mad at the world"?
do you see how ridiculous a statement that is?
I can see how his statement makes sense.

It seems blacks are playing both sides here.

We have an incident that had nothing to do with race, just behavior, Brown would be just as dead regardless of race.

Now it is suddenly a black thing, and the blacks are playing it to the hilt, in spite of the evidence that has surfaced.

Sure, any self respecting black would back off this and get as far as possible from being associated with this, but the press is not helping, and the protests are something to whine about.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:45 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Not me. Cops in my neck of the woods have walked away under way more blatant and egregious cases than this one.

Read this: it's long but worth the read.

Always Justified | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Old 11-28-2014, 10:49 AM

1,204 posts, read 872,859 times
My understanding of a grand jury that it is supposed to determine if there is sufficient evidence that a crime may have occurred. It has a low threshold it has to meet to indict.

It seems to me, that the purpose of this grand jury was "manipulated" to act more as a trial jury and determine guilt and innocence based on the evidence. I don't hold the grand jury at fault, as I do the prosecutor and the judge for allowing this to happen.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:54 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,082,768 times
It surprised me but not because I thought there was sufficient evidence to charge Wilson. I thought he would've been indicted under the extreme political pressure on it.

But when the credibility of the witnesses is so horrible and the autopsy evidence proved that there was not sufficient evidence to indict Wilson, I think people just overlooked science and logic and went with all emotion.

This was a case that proved the system works.

The emotion involved was incredible and unfortunately, if you were on the side of the officer, you were automatically branded a racist. And now people are holding up signs that say "hands up, don't shoot" while all the evidence and eyewitness testimony (under penalty of perjury) have proven that Brown did not have his hands up.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:55 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutout View Post
Hm, interesting. I guess Mike Brown must have gained 3 inches and 40 lbs while he was lying on the ground dead. He's really 6'4" 292 lbs, but I'm sure it was an honest "mistake" and has nothing to do with you trying to prove your point.

He was also the suspect of an assault and robbery that happened down the street.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Do you REALLY believe that a kid NOT ON DRUGS and with NO CRIMINAL RECORD (not even juvie) would be crazy enough to do what Darren Wilson said??

Darren is 6'4" feet tall, 210 pounds while Mike was 6'1", 250, but yet Wilson said he felt like a "5 year old child" against this "raging" black MAN with "demonic" eyes. He began shooting him INSIDE the vehicle and continued shooting when Brown ran. When Brown turned around he said he looked "angry". Well was he supposed to look "happy" after you shot him??

Also, Wilson made sure to use the "tried and true" story of the black man with superhuman hulk-like abilities where they believe they're made of steel and can run through bullets to get to their target.

Brown's murder took less than 60 seconds to complete for a man in "fear for his life".
I like when Shepherd Smith was giving his commentary, he seemed to me to be saying that the marks on Darren's face weren't as bad as they were made out to be. And of course no one is talking about the lie that was allowed to get around about him having a broken eye socket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events