Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2014, 02:54 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUDE DUDE View Post
Voting changes absolutely nothing. Who gets to make up these voting districts?? If you want change, you have to take action and protest to get it. You have to make the people in power feel embarrassed and uncomfortable. That is how our country was founded.

That's also how the current Highland Park, Michigan was created.

Old 12-01-2014, 03:29 AM

23,454 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
This scenario also fits with what Dorian said about Wilson pulling Brown's head into the car and when that didn't work, he grabbed his arm.
Quote:
Um, I never said he pulled Mike's head into the car, Dorian did.
You had referenced several times that Wilson pulled Browns head into his vehicle. The testimony that Johnson gave at the GJ was that no part (head, arm, hand, etc.) was ever inside the vehicle. They had discussed that part towards the first half of his testimony and Johnson was talking about that but he wasn't totally clear in his responses. Towards the end of his testimony he was asked straight out if any part of Browns body was inside the vehicle - and his response was a firm - no, that no part of Browns body was ever 'inside' the vehicle.

Quote:
He didn't steal the cigarettes. He left the money on the counter. He wasn't legally of age to purchase them which is why the store owner tried to stop him.
Yes I see the media hype about that too - the grainy film that the media is showing that, if a person is paying attention while watching it, really doesn't show any money being handed over or placed on the counter. It's just the media, and bloggers, trying to stir the pot - that has nothing in it.
Again, going to the GJ testimony for Johnson - Johnson stated that Brown stole the cigars, that he didn't pay for them. When Johnson realized that Brown was stealing them is when he placed the box of cigars, that Brown had handed to him, back onto the counter - since he didn't want any part of the robbery.

Johnson also stated that he didn't know Brown very long (only a couple of months more or less) and wasn't with him much at all after they met. At one point during his testimony he said that he didn't want to confront Brown about something because he wasn't sure how Brown would react to it - sounded like he was just a little bit scared of Brown (it was a long testimony to read and I can't remember the exact reason about him not wanting to confront Brown, but it's in there to see for anyone who wants to read it)

Johnson's testimony...
[scribd]248126858[/scribd]

His accounts to the shootings don't mesh with the forensic evidence. He claimed that there was only one shot fired while Wilson was in the vehicle - which struck Brown in the chest, and that there was only a trickle of blood coming out of the wound - no spurts or splatters that could have splashed the inside of the vehicle.

There were actually two shots at that time, with one of the shots hitting Browns thumb. Not only was the thumb shot a very close range shot, there were also two shell casings next to the vehicle.
Johnson also said that when Brown was running away, Wilson 'eventually' got out of the vehicle and walked in the direction that Brown was running. Johnson had said that Wilson shot at Brown 'once' while Brown had his back to Wilson, and, in both the testimony and his on air interview, that Brown had been shot in the back (no wounds on the back in any of the autopsies). The rest of the shots were after Brown had turned around to face Wilson, also it was referred, by Johnson, that Wilson was also just standing there, not walking or charging towards Wilson, though he did try to take one step forward but went down during that step.

Johnson said that Wilson was at a standstill while shooting Brown after Brown had turned around to face him. The forensics said that the shell casings, and blood spatters, were strung along a path - the path that Wilson stated he took while he was backing up because Brown was charging at him (the shell casing placements and blood spatters matched what Wilson said. What Johnson said, about Wilson standing in place while shooting, did not match the forensics).

Forensics also stated that there was Browns blood/dna inside the vehicle - if going by Johnson's testimony of one single shot, only a trickle of blood coming out of the wound, no part of Browns body was ever in the vehicle - how did that blood/dna get into the vehicle?

p.s. welcome back

Old 12-01-2014, 06:12 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,174,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Oh give it a break. Case is over, been beaten almost to death (like Zimmerman) and has NOTHING to do with this case. Apples and Eggplants.

MOVE ON.

I wasn't the one who brought it up...go back and learn how to read.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:29 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,501,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
I'l tell you how -- when you are a police officer and you have a criminal 300 lbs male charging you at close-range, you are paid and trained to shoot, kill and neutralize the threat, because that criminal is not coming onto you to kiss you on your cheek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
You watch too many movies.....reality is the 300lb. thug couldn't be stopped with a single shot!

Sure a knee shot would have ended the day differently but you have to ask if the kid was shot at close range in the hand (struggling inside the vehicle) and still didn't quit fighting then what would have stopped him short of a head shot?

1. Shot one in hand (pretty strong warning shot)
2. Shots 2-5, wow this cop means business (still no stopping from Big Mike)
3. Shot 6 (head shot)......game over

No. I don't think so - and please do not join police like this A-hole did. You are believing like this guy wilson was 120lbs. They were the same height - if wilson really thought he's no match to Brown then he shouldn't have been in police. As I said I am glad this A-hole is gone.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:26 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Yes, jimj, 45k, to START before O/T which can be huge, is well-paid given minimal prereqs to obtaining the job.
Really?
Average Garbage Collector Salaries
The average salary for garbage collector jobs in MO is $67,000
Simplyhired.com

Old 12-01-2014, 07:28 AM

4,316 posts, read 4,203,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
No. I don't think so - and please do not join police like this A-hole did. You are believing like this guy wilson was 120lbs. They were the same height - if wilson really thought he's no match to Brown then he shouldn't have been in police. As I said I am glad this A-hole is gone.
What does Wilson's height and weight have to do with anything?

Weight and height of Michael Brown is brought up to expose media's spin, deception and propaganda of this "lovely, innocent, unarmed, weak teenager."

He was a 6'4", 300-lbs teenage thug and criminal, who assaulted the officer, and committed prior assault-and-battery against another adult -- shopkeeper.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:37 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,909 times
Set up white police force and a black police force in each city. Problem solved.

As far as NFL, NBA players getting involved? Stay in your own city, stay out of mine!
Next time your team is coming to play a game, stay home and lose your pay. If you want to "help", donate your money so they will quit looting and can actually buy something.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:39 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
That's just it. I don't believe this happened.

Look, if it was proven that Mike was on drugs (heavy narcotics, bath salts, angel dust, etc.) or drunk, then you and I wouldn't be having this discussion.

Wilson's gun was never tested for fingerprints to PROVE this mysterious exchange.

One minute Wilson says that he tried to go for his gun, then he says that one of the main reasons he shot Mike was because he was trying to put his hands in his waistband when he shot him multiple times. Which is it?

His description of Brown is that of a madman not even a Billy Badass trying to show off.

It makes no sense to me and never will.

Everybody keeps talking about "evidence, evidence, evidence", well WHERE is the "evidence" that Brown had Wilson's gun in his hands in the car??
Brown's (the deceased thug) DNA was found on the weapon. Now unless DNA jumps long distances or Wilson (Officer doing his job) slapped Brown with his gun either prior to or after he assumed room temperature then the only logical conclusion is Brown had his hand on the weapon.
Are YOU claiming that he was pistol whipped prior to or after going "tango uniform"?
See how that works now?

Old 12-01-2014, 07:40 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,346,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Set up white police force and a black police force in each city. Problem solved.

As far as NFL, NBA players getting involved? Stay in your own city, stay out of mine!
Next time your team is coming to play a game, stay home and lose your pay. If you want to "help", donate your money so they will quit looting and can actually buy something.
No, just no...

Old 12-01-2014, 07:48 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
No, just no...
Why?
So they will have no excuse to riot and loot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events