Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2014, 03:24 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,501,834 times

Advertisements

How can someone say this cop is/was good when he shoots 6 times the guy who doesn't have any weapon? He shouldn't have been a cop. I am glad this A-hole is gone.

Old 11-30-2014, 03:37 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,035,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
I wish if it were true, but it isn't. There is no way to dance around it. Ferguson is about what Sharkton, Obama and Holder (and corrupt Media) made it out to be -- white against black, and racism. Front and center. Not sure why you deny it.
Sadly, VERY sadly...this is how I feel about it too. Never thought I would come to this way of thinking, but I have. And I come to this belief by way of events; not by way of emotion.

Old 11-30-2014, 03:51 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,639,896 times
I was surprised the case was even brought before the grand jury. It was simply a case of a felon attacking and attempting to murder a police officer and was killed in the attempt.
Only because of the color difference was there even an issue raised.
MB was a bad dude who deserved what he got, and Darrin Wilson was a good cop who has had his career and life destroyed by an unwarranted outcry. That is a travesty.

Old 11-30-2014, 03:54 PM

660 posts, read 1,006,212 times
Default Read please!

If you actually READ my post I didn't deny it, but said that it was not PRIMARILY a race issue, but PRIMARILY about police abusing their power. I definitely believe that race was a factor in Michael Brown's death.

Quote:
I wish if it were true, but it isn't. There is no way to dance around it. Ferguson is about what Sharkton, Obama and Holder (and corrupt Media) made it out to be -- white against black, and racism. Front and center. Not sure why you deny it.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:00 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
This scenario also fits with what Dorian said about Wilson pulling Brown's head into the car and when that didn't work, he grabbed his arm.
An NFL linebacker could not have pulled MB's head into the car. Reaching through a window and grabbing someone this bigs head.

I'm 6'5, 290 - the size of MB. No one pulls my head into a car and MB is 40 years younger. Sitting in a car he could not even reach that high or have the leverage.

You keep adding to your fantasy scenarios.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:02 PM

4,316 posts, read 4,204,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor46 View Post
If you actually READ my post I didn't deny it, but said that it was not PRIMARILY a race issue, but PRIMARILY about police abusing their power. I definitely believe that race was a factor in Michael Brown's death.
I read you post. There is nothing "primary" about police accountability in Ferguson. Primary, secondary and tertiary concerns are -- white cop against "black unarmed teenager", which is a deceptive way of describing a teenage thug and criminal, thug and criminal nonetheless.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
How can someone say this cop is/was good when he shoots 6 times the guy who doesn't have any weapon? He shouldn't have been a cop. I am glad this A-hole is gone.
I'l tell you how -- when you are a police officer and you have a criminal 300 lbs male charging you at close-range, you are paid and trained to shoot, kill and neutralize the threat, because that criminal is not coming onto you to kiss you on your cheek.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:07 PM

610 posts, read 698,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_show View Post
As an African American, I'd tell these White people to go home to their well to do families and stop pretending that they know what it's like to be oppressed. This isn't their fight and they're not helping.
As a white guy, I'd tell you to shove your racial reductionism up your ass. It's not always about race. White people don't know what oppression is? Then by your own racial-collectivist logic, black people must just be predisposed to chaos and mayhem and rioting and looting, since that's the stereotype being pushed on us at the moment.

Tell me I don't know what its like to be harrassed constantly by pigs waiting for you to make the wrong move and dropping the entirety of the U.S. legal code on your ****ing skull as soon as you do. Tell me that since I'm white, I don't know what its like to be surrounded by people full of potential who are destined to go nowhere because dad's locked up on some kind of bull**** charges and mom's never around, and nobody ever gave them guidance.. Tell me I don't know what its like to be **** poor and have to ration the food in the refrigerator so you can make it til the next check comes. Tell me I don't know what its like to see half your family lose their homes in bankruptcies. Tell me I don't know what its like to have friends you know are innocent set up by the police. Tell me I don't know what its like to have friends who are so hooked on vice to keep their minds out of the ****ed up world they live in that they bet their girlfriends EBT cards for an extra round at the poker table. Tell me I don't know what its like to have the only people you look up to pushing you to make sh*tty decisions every single day, because nobody can seem to figure out another effective option. Tell me I don't know what its like to have people flash money at you and invite you in on something you know you could do 10 years for. Tell me I don't know what it's like to consider that a hard ****ing choice because I'm that broke. Tell me I don't know what its like to wait at the day-labor agency for 6 hours to find out they don't have a gig for you because you're THAT desperate to work.

Go to hell with your racist-ass "white people don't know what struggle is like" attitude. It's not about whose black and whose white in 2014. Anymore, it's about whose got money and political sanction, and who doesn't.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:09 PM

What is the moral of Ferguson's story? So if you are a cop, and are facing a criminal charging at you, now you need to careful or even take a chance so you wouldn't kill the criminal and end up crucified by Sharkton and Holder?

Is this the police we want to safeguard us?

Old 11-30-2014, 04:10 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times
Quote:
Is this the police we want to safeguard us?
A white cop would have to ask themselves if it's worth doing their job in a predominately Black city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events