Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2014, 08:08 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
No murder. His son was killed in the process of committing a crime.

I guess you think it's ok to continue the decimation of the community, the livelihood of the business owners, and the innocent people that actually abide by our judicial system?
Okay. If you say so.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
We may never know the details of the incident involving Wilson's shooting of the Brown kid. The Grand Jury seemed to think that the witnesses which they heard from gave testimony that Wilson's behavior, or at least the evidence of it, was not sufficient to indict him.

Having said that, the behavior of many minority groups following this verdict have set back race relations by decades. I admit to being raised in a racist environment, and after years of effort I have overcome my misguided inclinations.

I don't have a problem with any races.

It's not setting anything back for ME in MY neck of the woods.

Unlike most here, I still judge the INDIVIDUAL and always have.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
Interesting that while Marilyn220 was outraged by a reference to "the blacks", she/he has been mysteriously silent about this death threat. So does that silence imply agreement with the above quote?

I guess to the liberal persuasion, it's now okay to incite riots on the streets and also make death threats on public forums?
What is it you would like me to say?

What "death threat" are you referring to?

Just for the record, I don't have these types of conversations in MY REAL LIFE.

I only read this stuff on the internet, CD in particular.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Get a trial for saying words at a protest but not for shooting an unarmed kid. That's America for you.
Be honest, do you meet people like this in your REAL LIFE? lOl

Old 12-03-2014, 08:26 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Watched an interview with the grocery store's owner who's store was completely looted and trashed for the 3rd time. He went on to say that even though the State and Local Police had plenty of quality video of those that looted his store on the prior two occasions NO ARRESTS were made. If I was his insurance company I would probably refuse to insure him as he has no protection from further losses. I wonder if his insurance could subrigate the claim bringing in the State as a defendant?

His last statement really caught me when he said "I'm an old man and don't have the energy and don't want to deal with this anymore so I will not reopen the store".

His biggest issue was with the Governor for not sending in the guard (this last time) to protect the shops but instead used them to protect the public buildings KNOWING that the odds were high looting and such would occur (again).

I would hope that the majority don't reopen for quite a while, let the locals stew in what was created in the name of a thug thief.
I don't blame the grocery store owner, or any other business owner, for wanting out.

As for the Gov not sending in the guard, wasn't that because of Obama and Holder? Obama calling for restraint, Holder concerned about the National Guard and their heavy weapons/equipment? Going by memory, and I may be wrong, but if I remember right , after Holder made his statements about that concern, the NG was reassigned to different parts of St. Louis and to other parts of the state (to anyone reading this, if I'm wrong about Obama, Holder, or the reassignment of the NG please feel free to provide proof to correct what I'd posted)

Old 12-03-2014, 08:31 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,963,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
I would say -- put those looters in jail too. Wait!! They have been dead for 150 years!!!
Yes they have dead for years but look at the long term effect. Who benefited from the action? What many don't seem to get is the shooting incident alone isn't why people are protesting. People are protesting because of generations of incidents.

As for burning and looting consult U.S. history because it's not anything new. It may not be right but it's not new.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:39 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Ferguson fallout: Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon dispatches additional members of the National Guard - CBS News

Not exactly sure where Obama or Holder came into play, but Gov. nixon even doubled down on his decision to delay the NG:

Gov. Nixon doubles down on decision not to initially deploy National Guard in Ferguson

Old 12-03-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I don't blame the grocery store owner, or any other business owner, for wanting out.

As for the Gov not sending in the guard, wasn't that because of Obama and Holder? Obama calling for restraint, Holder concerned about the National Guard and their heavy weapons/equipment? Going by memory, and I may be wrong, but if I remember right , after Holder made his statements about that concern, the NG was reassigned to different parts of St. Louis and to other parts of the state (to anyone reading this, if I'm wrong about Obama, Holder, or the reassignment of the NG please feel free to provide proof to correct what I'd posted)

Imagine the scene if the National Guard, along with the militarized police force would have met those protestors who were only carrying signs, rocks and slingshots as "weapons" against tanks, M80s, tear gas, machine guns and bombs being dropped from planes.

All of this would be filmed LIVE and the bloody carnage the next day would be streamed to the entire world with every major rebel group in the world feeling sorry and holding vigils for the dead and mutilated citizens of Ferguson.

It would be Tulsa, Oklahoma all over again, but this time with cameras streaming live.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:55 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
The Oath Keepers don't have any official sanction at all. They are just plain guys off the street, not deputized, not authorized as law enforcement in any way. They don't live in Ferguson, don't know any of the people, nothing. They were not invited in by any agency, but they all came armed to the teeth. What kind of discipline do they have? Who knows?

What could happen in one of those tense moments when the police are just beginning to restore order and things are beginning to calm down, and then a bunch of strangers start blasting away from the roofs? Mayhem, that's what. I can easily see people in the crowd pulling out their guns, the cops blasting at the Oath Keepers, the Oath Keepers shooting back at the cops, anything.

I can also see the possibility of a bunch of Oath Keepers landing in jail with felony charges slapped on them. Missouri has plenty of legal law enforcement. They have no need for volunteers just showing up, itching for trouble.

I know one person from net conversations who says he's an Oath Keeper, and he is not mentally stable. And he is a total weapons junkie. If he's in Missouri, he would be a cause of worry for me if I was on either side in a riot.

Old 12-04-2014, 01:17 AM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Thanks for the links. I finally had some time to do a search to find the info that I had previously seen, and discussed in my earlier post.

Before the night that the GJ announced their decision, Gov. Nixon have a press conference, along with telling Mayor Knowles, saying that the NG would be there that night, and then when Knowles tried to contact Nixon that night about sending in the NG, Nixon was ignoring his calls - the gov was completely MIA.

Hmm, maybe it was because Holder, and his guys, went to Ferguson, not too long before that particular night, and had a huddle with the gov about his (Nixon's) press conference in having the NG there, and, about his 'new guide to law enforcement'....
Quote:
Holder also expressed concerns privately about Gov. Jay Nixon’s decision this week to declare a state of emergency at a news conference and activate the National Guard.
Holder frustrated with Mo. governor over actions before Ferguson grand jury decision - The Washington Post

As for Obama, he may have made other comments/requests about restraint, but during his press conference that night he requested restraint from both the police and the gen pop - not so sure that the police can (willfully) ignore a request from the president (unless lives were at stake, theirs and the gen pops).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3cNQlaIF-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7EGfDsxVeE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events