Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2022, 07:11 AM

403 posts, read 232,451 times

Advertisements

The latest on potential Richland Mall redevelopment

https://www.postandcourier.com/colum..._medium=social
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2022, 08:45 PM

1,152 posts, read 954,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestcracker View Post
The latest on potential Richland Mall redevelopment

https://www.postandcourier.com/colum..._medium=social
Rest in Peace Richland Fashion

Old 02-07-2022, 06:31 AM

518 posts, read 435,510 times
Maybe this time don't hide it behind the garage. And put it near an interstate.

Old 02-07-2022, 08:27 AM

1,802 posts, read 2,030,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemanoRock View Post
Maybe this time don't hide it behind the garage. And put it near an interstate.
How are you going to transcend the laws of spacetime and have the property exist somewhere it doesn’t?

Old 02-07-2022, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCxpBrussel View Post
How are you going to transcend the laws of spacetime and have the property exist somewhere it doesn’t?
You know... I was thinking... That was a silly thing to say. Then I was going to edit it, then I had to join a call. And I forgot to fix it. I know it was stupid. I was thinking, the next mall should be near an interstate. But... I fully accept, I am the idiot on that part. But still hope they kill the garage too, so it doesn't hide whatever they put there.

Old 02-07-2022, 12:45 PM

It’s probably as close or closer to an Interstate than Sandhills is, which is probably why Sandhills has struggled so much as well.

The garage being demolished seems like a good thing but I wonder how much surface parking you could put in the area. Perhaps they could chop off a level or two when roof access is no longer needed.

Old 02-07-2022, 12:47 PM

Believe someone asked about the VA building recently which was planned to become apartments by a foreign dignitary. According to an article in the State a local developer has bought the building and plans to go through with the same renovations and plan. No additional design approval is needed due to the plans not changing.

Old 02-07-2022, 07:47 PM

1,802 posts, read 2,030,426 times
I’m probably in the minority but I hope the redeveloped Richland Mall keeps the garage. I like parking in garages because it keeps my car cooler in the summer.

Old 02-07-2022, 08:49 PM

1,152 posts, read 954,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCxpBrussel View Post
I’m probably in the minority but I hope the redeveloped Richland Mall keeps the garage. I like parking in garages because it keeps my car cooler in the summer.
I was hoping they keep the whole Super Structure and refurbish that building and build on the empty car parks in front of the mall to form like a true Dense Mixed use development. but I guess my dreams of that are dashed. I need to get some VHS Footage in the mall now before they tear it down.

Old 02-08-2022, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestcracker View Post
It’s probably as close or closer to an Interstate than Sandhills is, which is probably why Sandhills has struggled so much as well.

The garage being demolished seems like a good thing but I wonder how much surface parking you could put in the area. Perhaps they could chop off a level or two when roof access is no longer needed.
Sandhills should be doing a lot better, since it is right no Two Notch and Clemson. But... I have been told the rent is really bad. It was built when real estate was crazy, then the economy tanked. It has been bought and sold a few times. Now, I only go for a few stores. At least at Sand Hills I can drive and see what stores there are. Richland Mall was a big secret. No idea what stores were available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area