Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2022, 09:18 AM

1,124 posts, read 925,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
New Sheriff in town.... I wish him (and us) well... On a lighter note... What will be his nickname... Coble was "Mayor Bob".. I believe Benjamin was "Mayor Steve".....Maybe we can get more than a "Mayor Dan"... Here are some options

1) Dan the Mann
2) Rick the Mann
3) The Rick
4) The Mann
5) Danny Boy
6) Mayor Rick
7) Da Mayor (Da from Daniel)

At any rate.. I am sure his PR people are hard at work...LOL..

https://columbiabusinessreport.com/s...icles=exceeded
I choose Pickle Rick…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2022, 10:56 AM

1,154 posts, read 955,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
New Sheriff in town.... I wish him (and us) well... On a lighter note... What will be his nickname... Coble was "Mayor Bob".. I believe Benjamin was "Mayor Steve".....Maybe we can get more than a "Mayor Dan"... Here are some options

1) Dan the Mann
2) Rick the Mann
3) The Rick
4) The Mann
5) Danny Boy
6) Mayor Rick
7) Da Mayor (Da from Daniel)

At any rate.. I am sure his PR people are hard at work...LOL..

https://columbiabusinessreport.com/s...icles=exceeded
I like Danny Boy but I like Mayor Rick because it makes me think of Pickle Rick

Old 01-06-2022, 11:10 AM

518 posts, read 435,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestcracker View Post
Publico is opening a second Columbia location in the former Bone In BBQ spot at Bull St. They should kill it on Gamedays being next to the entrance of the stadium as well as once the apartments open.
Outside of gameday, I fear they may struggle like Bone-In BBQ did. No one can see it from Bull St. And can you even go on Gameday if you aren't going to the game? If I wanted BBQ and didn't know if there was a game that night, I wouldn't know until I get there and someone is asking me to pay for parking. I say screw that.

Hope they do well, we need more successful businesses there.

Old 01-06-2022, 12:35 PM

403 posts, read 233,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemanoRock View Post
Outside of gameday, I fear they may struggle like Bone-In BBQ did. No one can see it from Bull St. And can you even go on Gameday if you aren't going to the game? If I wanted BBQ and didn't know if there was a game that night, I wouldn't know until I get there and someone is asking me to pay for parking. I say screw that.

Hope they do well, we need more successful businesses there.
Yes you can go in if you aren’t going to the game. I think the biggest problem for Bone In was how awful the infrastructure still was at the time. I went once at night and it was almost impossible to navigate around with how dimly lit the area was. Between games, the Bennett adding up to 500 residents in 2023, the Babcock building apartments adding people to the area in 2022 and West Lawn opening in 2022 plus two new parking garages, a lot will have changed at Bull Street from the time that Bone In failed. Plus Publico is a known brand in the city already and will draw the crowd that doesn’t want to deal with 5 points and the parking/ other issues it currently has.

Old 01-06-2022, 02:16 PM

518 posts, read 435,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestcracker View Post
Yes you can go in if you aren’t going to the game. I think the biggest problem for Bone In was how awful the infrastructure still was at the time. I went once at night and it was almost impossible to navigate around with how dimly lit the area was. Between games, the Bennett adding up to 500 residents in 2023, the Babcock building apartments adding people to the area in 2022 and West Lawn opening in 2022 plus two new parking garages, a lot will have changed at Bull Street from the time that Bone In failed. Plus Publico is a known brand in the city already and will draw the crowd that doesn’t want to deal with 5 points and the parking/ other issues it currently has.
But do you have to pay for parking on Game Day?

Old 01-06-2022, 02:27 PM

Quote:
I feel like the solution to that is the parking garages. Surely they’re not gonna be free. So if I don’t wanna pay for premium parking on game days I have to park further away.

Old 01-06-2022, 03:03 PM

403 posts, read 233,222 times
Quote:
I am sure like all garages in the city of Columbia, you will have to pay a rate to park in the Bull St locations.

Old 01-06-2022, 04:13 PM

273 posts, read 246,172 times
You will have to pay to use your vehicle wherever you go in Columbia. The days of free parking are over. If that is not okay then ride the bus or walk.

Old 01-06-2022, 04:58 PM

DO NOT go to the QT on South Lake Drive tomorrow. I will be sicker than a dog most likely with COVID. My employer will not let me stay home without punishment from work, so I will be attending. However, I won’t be wearing a mask because I can barely breathe as is. Just a forewarning.

Last edited by BrandonCoombes; 01-06-2022 at 05:11 PM..

Old 01-06-2022, 05:06 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,272,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonCoombes View Post
DO NOT go to the QT on South Lake Drive tomorrow. I will be sicker than a dog most likely with COVID. My employer will not let me stay home without punishment from work, so I will be attending. However, I won’t be wearing a mask because I can barely breathe as is. Just a forewarning.
A lot of employers are doing the same thing here unfortunately. I don't know the specifics but go to the labor board on him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area