Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2022, 08:12 AM

518 posts, read 435,640 times

Advertisements

Some of the grocery stores suffer in the depressed areas because of theft. An Auto Supply store can keep the expensive inventory behind the counter and have better control of loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2022, 08:25 PM

8,227 posts, read 13,345,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemanoRock View Post
Some of the grocery stores suffer in the depressed areas because of theft. An Auto Supply store can keep the expensive inventory behind the counter and have better control of loss.
I am sure Auto Zone is thrilled. I have a friend that will be glad that there will be a new auto parts store up there because he hates the local Auto Zone on North Main. There used to be an Advance Auto on Fairfield Rd that closed a decade ago..It was in an odd location so not sure why it was there versus North Main. Back in the 70s there was a Dairy Queen and a Golden Skillet Fried Chicken restaurant on Fairfield next to and in Northway Plaza..

Old 03-09-2022, 08:21 AM

120 posts, read 149,798 times
Does anyone know what's gonna be on the old Raceway Gas station site on Broad River Rd and Garner Lane (I-20)?

Old 03-09-2022, 09:29 AM

403 posts, read 232,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman321 View Post
Does anyone know what's gonna be on the old Raceway Gas station site on Broad River Rd and Garner Lane (I-20)?
Demolished as part of the Carolina Crossroads project. They will be rerouting Garner lane to where you have to enter it from the road that is next to Taco Bell.

Old 03-09-2022, 09:58 AM

120 posts, read 149,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestcracker View Post
Demolished as part of the Carolina Crossroads project. They will be rerouting Garner lane to where you have to enter it from the road that is next to Taco Bell.
That makes sense. Any word on the Apartment complexes that are on Berryhill Road. (The Waters and Peachtree Place?)

Old 03-10-2022, 04:58 PM

I’d give a portion of my soul for this to come to fruition

https://www.postandcourier.com/colum...2a0e1d47c.html

Old 03-10-2022, 05:11 PM

2,130 posts, read 2,271,627 times
Quote:

Count me in on that, too. This is literally the reason that kept the Rosewood area out of my house search some years ago. Because of that damned RR crossing.

Old 03-13-2022, 05:48 AM

8,227 posts, read 13,345,033 times
Quote:

Yes eliminating the RR would be a major step to improving the downtown area. With that done as step one, maybe Norfolk Southern would be open to join the project and divert their trains into the same corridor and thus eliminate their crossing through the eastern part of the city as well.

There are some other interesting projects in that "wish list"...community center and garden on Beltline Blvd? I wonder where that is? Maybe on the city owned public works facility that opened there a few years ago? Secondly, Congree Commons development in Southeast Columbia.. Is that part of the residential development that is down along Atlas Rd that is being developed by the Church? If not, I wonder where that is?

Old 03-13-2022, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Yes eliminating the RR would be a major step to improving the downtown area. With that done as step one, maybe Norfolk Southern would be open to join the project and divert their trains into the same corridor and thus eliminate their crossing through the eastern part of the city as well.

There are some other interesting projects in that "wish list"...community center and garden on Beltline Blvd? I wonder where that is? Maybe on the city owned public works facility that opened there a few years ago? Secondly, Congree Commons development in Southeast Columbia.. Is that part of the residential development that is down along Atlas Rd that is being developed by the Church? If not, I wonder where that is?
Article this morning goes into more detail on the cities wishlist from the state. All sound like worthwhile ventures, hopefully the changes on city council will make the state house more friendly to Columbia this year.

https://www.postandcourier.com/colum...522049f9b.html

Old 03-13-2022, 09:50 PM

1,152 posts, read 954,699 times
Quote:
Article this morning goes into more detail on the cities wishlist from the state. All sound like worthwhile ventures, hopefully the changes on city council will make the state house more friendly to Columbia this year.

https://www.postandcourier.com/colum...522049f9b.html
oh yay more parking for Five Points >.> We need more Walkability in Five Points. its a Village and needs to start acting like one. those Thin Sidewalks are a mess to walk around when its crowded. we need a road diet and eliminate parking throughout Five Points and make it limited. add bike lanes and actually make the District Walkable where people will be willing to walk bike or take transit to get to the district instead of driving clogging up the roads and searching for parking.

Everything else in this list seems like a great idea just that whole parking garage thing got me upset. there could be a dense development there instead of more space for cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area