Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2017, 06:32 PM

112 posts, read 136,219 times

Advertisements

So I just saw where there's an opening for Assistant City Manager on the City Website... Is it just me or will this city have almost all new leadership by the end of the year?

City Manager
Asst. City Manager
City Attorney
Mayor
Council Members
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2017, 04:06 AM

7,189 posts, read 6,811,802 times
Legislation approved that exempts runways, taxiways from stormwater fee - Daily Reflector

Old 07-16-2017, 12:16 AM

112 posts, read 136,219 times
Does anybody here know anything about the inner workings of Greenville Fire Rescue by chance? I have seen some pretty negative things about their administration recently on social media. Not really sure what is going on there.

Old 07-16-2017, 04:00 PM

144 posts, read 189,798 times
Does anyone know what the setback rules are downtown? The Gather Uptown setback from Pitt Street seems to be only 3-4 feet. I'm not sure I'd want to live in one of those ground floor apartments. The street traffic would be extremely close and the pedestrian traffic would be just outside the windows. Maybe they aren't planning for a sidewalk along Pitt Street, but that wouldn't seem allowable either. It's very odd.

Old 07-16-2017, 06:41 PM

38 posts, read 41,660 times
Does anyone know what is going on with the 3rd street culvert repair? This is what links east 3rd street to Uptown. It's been closed for well over a year and no work has been done. Annoying to see all the progress go on around the area yet the city seems to have forgotten about it.

Old 07-16-2017, 08:34 PM

144 posts, read 189,798 times
It's part of the Town Creek culvert project, so my guess is they aren't planning to fix the culvert under Third Street until the project gets that far north.

Greenville, NC : Town Creek Culvert

I assume the culvert project is also holding up the Tenth Street Connector project. However, there must something else holding up the connector project because the section between Memorial and Fourteenth seems to have been at a standstill for some time.

Old 07-16-2017, 09:27 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,595,835 times
The culvert project was put out to bid. I think only one firm bid and the cost was like twice what the city had budgeted. It's being re-bid in small segments to try to get the overall cost down.

I'm not really sure how that would bring the cost down, but this is what I've been told.

Old 07-19-2017, 05:08 AM

7,189 posts, read 6,811,802 times
Planning and Zoning approves two downtown changes - Daily Reflector

Old 07-19-2017, 11:15 AM

892 posts, read 1,342,075 times
update on the apartment complex across from City Hall for those out of town people...

And the Apartment complex on the corner of Dickenson Ave...

Old 07-19-2017, 07:41 PM

378 posts, read 418,403 times
https://connect.ncdot.gov/projects/p...eport_2016.pdf

I saw this and they were talking about widening Greenville Blvd to eight lanes from Memorial Dr to Charles Blvd and six lanes from Charles Blvd to US 264. (Or even keep it four lanes)

First Option: Widen to eight lanes from Memorial Dr to Charles Blvd. Widen to six lanes from Charles Blvd to US 264.

Second Option: Widen to six lanes from Memorial Dr to US 264.

Third Option: Retain it four lanes and make improvements.

They were also proposing to make Evans street and Greenville blvd from an intersection to an interchange. (Or keep it an intersection)

And they were also considering to turn the existing intersection: (Greenville Blvd at 14th street) to a quadrant roadway with grade separation.

I like the first and second option. Third option won't help much in my opinion.

And yes, I do think Evans and Greenville blvd need an interchange. During rush hour, The lights are way tooo long and traffic waits to turn left from southbound Greenville blvd south to southbound Evans St.

This is my opinion for the interchange.
http://prntscr.com/fxvu9n

Last edited by Slay The Great; 07-19-2017 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: Mistakes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina