Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2017, 08:29 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times

Advertisements

umm - "Art & Sole"

Not sure I have high expectations for that one just yet. I think it'll be closed within a year. That area of uptown is not ready for a clothing retailer yet IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 08:55 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,598,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
You would just make a right on the reconfigured Kittrell Rd and then a left onto Firetower. It may end up being faster than trying to hang a left directly from 43 to Firetower. Even if you did the Turnbury route you would skip hanging a left onto Arlington and continue on the reconfigured Turnbury directly to Firetower.
So a New Jersey Jughandle. I still don't see how that improves the traffic flow but it's better than what I originally thought.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:26 AM

455 posts, read 528,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
Yikes! Who the hell thought that was a good idea? Eastern NC is definitely not the place to be charging those prices!

Having grew up and lived there 14 years, one of the biggest things I've noticed is you have those who are broke and don't have that extra cash to spend, and those who are loaded but are too cheap to spend it and pretend like they don't have a pot to p*ss in or a window to throw it out.
It had more to do with the Luke Bryan concert on the same day in Raleigh was killing the gate. However ENC has to get over the "high" ticket prices. They are not high when compared to similar acts, they are normal and they are what is required if you want to see national acts come through here.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:06 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,876 times
Now there is a mention of the costs of replacing the turf at Dowdy Ficklen being one of the deciding factors. The concert didn't sell well and I assume that ECU wasn't going to make enough from the concert to justify the cost of replacing turf right before the season starts.

This is a great example to use for the need of a nice outdoor performance/festival space.

Orlando built a bare bones 10k amphiltheater last year and it's been pretty popular so far. Something like this could work in Greenville/Pitt county. Maybe along 264 towards Washington or on the Northern Bypass.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:23 PM

I swear last year they said that the concert company paid for the turf to be replaced. I don't think ECU has to pay for that, at least last year they didn't.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:32 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
I swear last year they said that the concert company paid for the turf to be replaced. I don't think ECU has to pay for that, at least last year they didn't.
Carolina Kickoff rescheduled amid field concerns, Shelton will not perform | Arts & Entertainment | theeastcarolinian.com

Old 08-03-2017, 01:51 PM

378 posts, read 419,093 times
It had other plans also to add more left turn lanes at Arlington and Charles or even throw a continuous flow intersection in also!...But they think quadrant roadways are awesome. The roundabouts are fine to me.

I think what they are trying to do is keep traffic flowing without having to wait too long to stop.

This project will frustrate people, (me also) I'm not sure what NCDOT was thinking...

Old 08-03-2017, 02:33 PM

89 posts, read 130,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
Now there is a mention of the costs of replacing the turf at Dowdy Ficklen being one of the deciding factors. The concert didn't sell well and I assume that ECU wasn't going to make enough from the concert to justify the cost of replacing turf right before the season starts.

This is a great example to use for the need of a nice outdoor performance/festival space.

Orlando built a bare bones 10k amphiltheater last year and it's been pretty popular so far. Something like this could work in Greenville/Pitt county. Maybe along 264 towards Washington or on the Northern Bypass.

The land adjacent to the fairgrounds would be pretty ideal I think

Old 08-03-2017, 02:58 PM

guess I stand corrected. Seems like a mutual cluster f***. Low ticket sales & the field replacement cost increase.

Old 08-04-2017, 05:28 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,858,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
guess I stand corrected. Seems like a mutual cluster f***. Low ticket sales & the field replacement cost increase.
Its kind of interesting...April 21 seems like a much better time to have a stadium show in Greenville. Weather is not as hot, its AFTER the Spring football game. And you usually don't have to compete with Walnut Creek. Plus all of the students are on campus celebrating the end of the year (and before finals).

I think ECU would do well to have a Coliseum show the first couple of weeks into the school year and another over the winter with a big stadium show at the end of every spring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina