Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2017, 06:07 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times

Advertisements

Drive north on Charles just past the Firetower Rd intersection. Look to the right. See those cornfields....

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/coast...#ixzz4baHIImmI

Yup, I was on the wrong road. I also wonder about apartments there. As long as they are nice upscale apartments I guess it's ok. That area could be a nice neighborhood for normal houses too, but I guess that's probably less tax money
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 06:45 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,876 times
Pitt-Greenville Airport continues push for more airlines

Quote:
GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) – The Pitt-Greenville Airport Authority and Pitt County commissioners met Thursday and discussed the push to bring more airlines to Greenville.

The airport has brought over $1 billion of revenue to Greenville in the past ten years, and Pitt-Greenville Airport Authority executive director Betty Stansbury said they are looking to broaden that impact.

“We have been in discussions with some airlines, and we’re going to continue those discussions trying to get additional service to this community,” said Stansbury.

In a report to Pitt County commissioners, Stansbury explained how Greenville travelers start their trips elsewhere

“About 20 percent of the community uses this airport and the other 80 percent uses other airports,” Stansbury said.

And 70 percent of those going elsewhere head straight to Raleigh.

Pitt county Commissioner Jimmy Garris said the meeting was productive and offered great ideas.

“People need more options than just going to Charlotte, so that would be a tremendous asset,” Garris said.

More airlines means more options.

“It makes it a lot more convenient for both our business travelers and for recreation travelers if they have more than four departures a day,” said Stansbury.

In the end, Stansbury thinks PGV has an edge

“The convenience of your hometown airport cannot be beat,” said Stansbury.

The airport authority also announced the opening of a new restaurant to the public in late April. They hope by opening their doors to the community people will see all the benefits flying local has to offer.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:46 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,823,240 times
JCPenney released the list of stores closing. Greenville's store has been spared.

http://www.jcpnewsroom.com/news-rele...e_closures.pdf

Old 03-17-2017, 12:35 PM

107 posts, read 175,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
Drive north on Charles just past the Firetower Rd intersection. Look to the right. See those cornfields....

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/coast...#ixzz4baHIImmI

Yup, I was on the wrong road. I also wonder about apartments there. As long as they are nice upscale apartments I guess it's ok. That area could be a nice neighborhood for normal houses too, but I guess that's probably less tax money
Out of the 85 acres, apartments will take up 26 acres. Rezoning requested for the remaining acreage is for single family, except for 8.29 acres for office.

Old 03-17-2017, 02:21 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,823,240 times
FIRST ON WITN: SBI charges Greenville physician & son after raid on home

Old 03-17-2017, 09:01 PM

107 posts, read 175,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityadvocate View Post
What's going on beside Dollar General and over to old County Home Road at Bells Fork. It almost looks like they are making a huge parking lot. For what?
The Greenville parking enforcement unit has put up no parking signs on Signature Dr. due to numerous complaints from area residents about trash, nuisance noises in the evening and daytime hours, vehicle break-ins, vehicles impeding traffic, and pedestrian hazards. Residents & visitors at Bellamy apartments & Kittrell farms can no longer park there. Someone must be building a pay to park lot for the residents or visitors needing some where to park.

Old 03-19-2017, 03:54 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityadvocate View Post
Out of the 85 acres, apartments will take up 26 acres. Rezoning requested for the remaining acreage is for single family, except for 8.29 acres for office.
Homes, student housing proposed at Charles Boulevard farm - Daily Reflector

Old 03-19-2017, 06:35 PM

181 posts, read 241,158 times
Remind me again why I would want to buy a home, or put my office, next to a college apartment complex if I don't have to??

It's one thing if it's all within a neighborhood of separate developments or within city blocks, but that's not exactly what most have in mind when they think Mixed Use development

Old 03-19-2017, 06:48 PM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times
I'm not going to argue against this development, I just seriously wonder how much student housing do developers think the city needs...especially with all the uptown developments coming? I would think they'd be better off with just market rate family apartments?

Oh well, guess it's not too bad if the church and the neighborhood are supporting this...that's pretty rare. The only reason Tara is complaining is their apartments are going to be considered old now and without updating they'll prob have to reduce the rent...not to mention more competition...they just see $ flying out the door.

Last edited by jpirate; 03-19-2017 at 06:49 PM.. Reason: J

Old 03-19-2017, 07:33 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times
Bell's Fork is a convenient place to live. All your basics nearby; ECU sports complex a straight shoot minutes away; downtown and ECU campus not too much further. Everything but the hospital is ten minutes or less away. Frankly, I'm surprised this land (and other lots) in Bell's Fork wasn't developed years ago.

*I do agree with the number of student complexes are a concern. We may be over-saturating the apartment market in Greenville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina