Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2017, 09:11 PM

4 posts, read 5,484 times

Advertisements

I saw the property between Arby's and Lidl on Firetower sectioned off with orange plastic. Anyone know whats happening there? A new fast food restaurant maybe?

Also, any know why a free standing Panda Express has never been built in Greenville? They do so well in cities this size and larger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 05:16 AM

52 posts, read 96,873 times
Noticed fencing around the old Los Charos/South American (old Perkins restaurant) near Greenville Blvd's Walmart yesterday. Hope something good goes there!!!

Old 06-25-2017, 07:25 AM

7,189 posts, read 6,811,802 times
Officials expect Thomas to fill void at TransPark - Daily Reflector

Old 06-25-2017, 05:07 PM

112 posts, read 136,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
Permit OK'd for uptown meeting/convention space.

Permit allows Starlight to move ahead with new space - Daily Reflector

I love this idea. The space appears to be very small, but at least it will put the idea in people's minds that this would feasible. If successful, it could lead to someone opening a larger space somewhere uptown.
I believe that this space is a two story building. I drove past the other day and they have plywood over the second story windows.

-StillLife has closed for renovations. (They're will be two stories like the Raleigh location. )
-Sup dogs will be renovating and becoming 2 stories as well.
-The Shave on 5th is locating beside the downtown Mi Cabña

Old 06-26-2017, 07:03 AM

892 posts, read 1,342,075 times
Quote:
Sup dogs will be renovating and becoming 2 stories as well.
I keep hoping that the stop shop will just close & Sup Dogs can take over that whole building and renovate it to look like it's not a piece of crap. Guess that's not going to happen anytime soon if they are going up another story (which is needed). I've been in there on a number of occasions and turn around and leave because they are full.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:22 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,551,089 times
The stop shop/sup dogs lot should be completely torn down and a 2-3 story mixed use building take it's place. You could easily have the stop shop on the 1st floor with other retail, and put sup dogs on the top floor with a rooftop patio. Small lofts or office space could be included as well. They are sitting on prime property and it would definitely help the look of that corner.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:52 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,761,989 times
Quote:
The stop shop/sup dogs lot should be completely torn down and a 2-3 story mixed use building take it's place. You could easily have the stop shop on the 1st floor with other retail, and put sup dogs on the top floor with a rooftop patio. Small lofts or office space could be included as well. They are sitting on prime property and it would definitely help the look of that corner.
It's possibly the most valuable piece of real estate downtown. I don't know how the owner resists doing more with that property. Surely there's been some real generous offers made to redevelop it.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:59 AM

455 posts, read 527,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
I noticed today there is a sign out in front of the Publix shopping Center that says "Tuesday Morning" coming soon. I think they'll be in a separate building they are constructing kind of in the parking lot near Greenville Blvd. I love that store, but they did have a crummy location over by Big Lots. This should help with their foot traffic.

That Big Lots center needs robbery redeveloped as well, but I won't hold my breath on that one.
I had heard that Panera Bread was moving from their current locale to somewhere in the Publix center. I had thought it was that out-parcel under construction but perhaps not.

Old 06-26-2017, 12:43 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,713 times
Quote:
That was my hope until Sup Dogs expanded their outdoor seating. I feel like that killed anything like that for a while.

Old 06-26-2017, 12:59 PM

892 posts, read 1,342,075 times
Quote:
I had heard that Panera Bread was moving from their current locale to somewhere in the Publix center. I had thought it was that out-parcel under construction but perhaps not.
The Tuesday Morning store could just be going in the shopping strip over there and not the free standing store. I don't necessarily think Panara is in a bad location, interesting if they wish to move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina