Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2017, 12:02 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times

Advertisements

Dickinson reopens as connector work progresses - Daily Reflector
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 09:13 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,598,482 times
Finally!!!!

Old 05-26-2017, 09:22 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,876 times
City says sports & events keep the city going through the summer.

Sports, events keep Greenville's economy flowing during summer months

Quote:
Greenville slows down in the summer. Fact or fiction?

“I’m going to go fiction on that,” said Andrew Schmidt, director of the Greenville Convention and Visitor’s Bureau.

The bureau has booked dozens of events this summer, and thousands of people coming in and out of town is exactly what the city wants to see.

It “keeps the economy flowing, keeps the economy strong,” said Schmidt.

During the summer, you’ll find softball tournaments at ECU and championships at Elm Street Park.

While fans in the seats means more money for city hotels and restaurants, it also means something for the people that call the area home

“It does give them something to do,” said Brian Weingartz, Greenville Little Leagues commissioner. “It gives them something to be a part of.”

Greenville Little Leagues has been around for years.

The games bring people to the area, visitors spend money and stay in hotels, and for the locals it’s just good wholesome fun

“The parents, and often times brothers and sisters get as much enjoyment out of watching the little league games as the kids do playing in them,” Schmidt said.

It’s a win for families and a win for the city’s pockets.

“I don’t think there’s a really true slow down for Greenville and Pitt County,” Schmidt said.

There are also a number of family reunions and conventions during the summer months.
eh. I guess so. I'm sure it's better than it was years ago, but there's still a lot to be desired hanging out in Greenville during the summer.

Old 05-26-2017, 09:24 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times
The same day Dickinson re-opened WITN ran a story about how it would be two more weeks before it re-opened.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
eh. I guess so. I'm sure it's better than it was years ago, but there's still a lot to be desired hanging out in Greenville during the summer.
I know you people here love growth but as a resident and someone who works downtown, I look forward to the summer when everyone gets the hell out of town. It's so nice finding parking and not sitting in as much traffic. Most residents when asked would say the same.

But at the same time it is nice when the eye candy starts to return in August.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
The same day Dickinson re-opened WITN ran a story about how it would be two more weeks before it re-opened.
WITN's news content has gotten really slim lately. Lots of stuff off the wire and regurgitated press releases. I find their weather and sports coverage to be top notch though.

Old 05-26-2017, 12:02 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,823,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
WITN's news coverage sucks. Say what you will about WNCT, but they seem to be on top of things lately. Sometimes I find Greenville-related news topics that are nowhere to be found on WITN's site.

Old 05-26-2017, 12:04 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,823,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
But at the same time it is nice when the eye candy starts to return in August.
The perks of being in a college town.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:04 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times
I took my kid out to Elm Street this weekend to play & as we were standing on the little greenway bridge looking at the creek flowing, I was amazed at the amount of trash & litter. Does Parks & Rec not make an effort to clean that out every now & then. It looks bad.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:47 AM

I shudder to think of it but we played in that creek when I was a kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina