Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2017, 06:24 PM

247 posts, read 445,421 times

Advertisements

Coming soon in the former Dickie's Barbecue building will be Mi Cabana. Saw the sign today on the side of the building on 10th Street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 06:58 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollabackmjjd View Post
Coming soon in the former Dickie's Barbecue building will be Mi Cabana. Saw the sign today on the side of the building on 10th Street.
holy crap they're everywhere! I wish they would find another spot in Uptown. The one beside the skate shop is way too small.

Really nice interview with Allen Thomas about life, barbecue, and Greenville.

Meet Your Mayor: Greenville's Allen Thomas

Last edited by michealbond; 05-10-2017 at 07:12 PM..

Old 05-11-2017, 06:30 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times
Quote:
Sweet - a new lunch option!

Old 05-11-2017, 12:29 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBPirate View Post
We should not fear gentrification.
Seriously! I don't get it. I would love to see Downtown to the Medical Center as one large gentrified strip from Farmville Blvd to the River.

Old 05-11-2017, 06:05 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times
New apartment complex and GTAC sites under construction:

Railroad crossing in place under the 10th St bridge:

Old 05-11-2017, 10:18 PM

Greenville City Council moves forward with student housing project

Does this specifically approve one of the recent failed attempts to build near Charles and Firetower, or is this generally speaking for future projects?

Old 05-11-2017, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Greenville City Council moves forward with student housing project

Does this specifically approve one of the recent failed attempts to build near Charles and Firetower, or is this generally speaking for future projects?
Found the answer:

Charles Boulevard development wins unanimously - Daily Reflector

Old 05-12-2017, 07:21 AM

111 posts, read 148,743 times
Seems like a bad idea. Some less-desirables will be moving into all the vacant apartment complexes.

Old 05-12-2017, 07:42 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times
Quote:
In a similar letter sent to the council, Richard A. Hart of ChainBridge Capital, said his organization was currently negotiating to purchase The Captain’s Quarters, and large complex north of the Tar River, but the approval of “The Retreat” would negatively influence investors who were already concerned about saturation.
The Captain's Quarters or whatever they are calling the North Rec. apartments...at this point, I don't see why anyone would try to keep them student housing. They should renovate what needs to be renovated and market it to pretty much anyone else besides just students.

That location is really not going to work for students...it's too far away from, well, everything except the North Rec. Fields.

Quote:
Fred Pierce, president and CEO of Pierce Properties, owner of The Landing, sent an email to the council on Wednesday asking for the zoning request to be denied. The email stated concerns regarding the oversaturation of student bed spaces in the Greenville market, a market which according to Peirce is near a “tipping point” and will be further exacerbated by the addition of Campus Edge, a large complex underway on 10th Street.
Not sure why he has to call out Campus Edge in particular...what about the other apartment complexes going in the uptown area. Campus Edge will be one of the nicer ones when completed...if a student can afford to live there, trust me, they would not be living at the Landing anyway. All feedback I hear from students about the Landing is horrible. Maybe they should up their game and stop worrying about a new complex coming in and hurting their already poor apartment complex.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:57 AM

455 posts, read 528,229 times
I'm ok with the Charles development bc it fits the land use, but as we've mentioned here before the city must have a plan for student housing and data to show if more is needed.

Why I like this is that I think Bells Fork has the potential to be a nice little pocket for the city. There is still space for development behind the Foodlion, across from Tiebreakers and behind Parkers. If developed properly that area could be a neat "village" of sorts walk-able for a high volume of people. I'd love to see a sidewalk system developed throughout that area the promotes a smaller, connected feel, and encourages patrons to navigate the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina