Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2018, 06:58 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,819,674 times

Advertisements

City warns of noise as culvert project moves forward - Daily Reflector
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2018, 08:07 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,855,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
I have mixed feeling about this^

I would really like to see the ratty house on the corner go....but it would be interesting to see what effect it would have on the flood plain. I am not knowledgeable enough about the 100 year flood plain to know if this is something you could properly build for in a way that wouldn't negatively effect the property around it. If you could, I'd be all for this...but if not would be a poor choice to build. Deep inside I am really wishing they would allow the rezoning just so I could see the property on 10th where Daryl's use to be to be redeveloped into something other than a rock covered parking lot.

Anytime I see a complaint about 'increase traffic per day', I just want to slap whomever it is. Anytime you have growth, you're going to have extra traffic...let us not keep Greenville in the 90's because we don't want extra traffic.
I don't like the idea of developing in the floodplain, but ECU has set the precedent by building its Science & Technology Building in it. Green Mill Run does run right through campus on The Hill.

I see it that you cant have it both ways...either everything gets cleared and protected and used as trails/open space or it gets redeveloped. Since ECU has shown no interest in buying up the land and preserving it as part of their campus, and the City has no interest in buying the land, then you need to allow them to develop it using protective measures. IMO, the City should adopt additional freeboard requirements to regulate development in the area based on the level and frequency of flooding that has occurred. If its not 2 foot now, it should be. Most places have shifted to 2 foot freeboard, and one town as much as 5 foot based on actual flood levels.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:15 AM

34 posts, read 44,378 times
I saw that the Rite Aid at the corner of Firetower Road and Charles Blvd. is closing permanently. Does anyone know which of the other local locations will be closing? I think the Winterville Rite Aid is converting to Walgreen's and maybe the Rite Aid's at 14th and Charles and the one at Stanton Square.

Old 05-22-2018, 06:06 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,076 times
PGV looks to bring in additional flight services

Quote:
The Pitt-Greenville Airport is hosting a series of public meetings to discuss ways to increase flights in and out of Eastern Carolina.

PGV is looking for community members, business owners, industry leaders and anyone else with an interest in increasing flight options to participate in a series of meetings this week to discuss ways to increase airport services.

During the symposiums, a consultant will discuss what it takes to bring in additional airlines to a community and what other places have done successfully.

PGV's Executive Director, Betty Stansbury, says that in a recent survey residents identified increasing airline service options as a priority and she says the demand is already here.

"We already know that 700 people a day out of our community and the surrounding communities are getting on an airline flight somewhere. Almost 500 of them are going to Raleigh to get on a plane, and about 20% of them are coming to PGV and we want to increase the utilization of our airport and give our community members more options," she said.

Stansbury says the three main factors that drive passengers to other airports are reliability, scheduling and price.

There are four symposiums:
Tuesday, May 22 at 10am, 12pm & 2pm
Wednesday, May 23 at 8am.

They are free and open to the public but registration is required as there is limited seating available in each session. To reserve a seat, contact Erin Henry at 252-902-2026 or via email at erin.henry@pittcountync.gov.

Old 05-22-2018, 06:43 AM

Commissioners make second attempt to fix streets - Daily Reflector

Old 05-22-2018, 06:51 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,597,228 times
PGV looks to bring in additional flight services

Old 05-22-2018, 07:13 PM

13 posts, read 19,170 times
Bill's Hot Dogs coming to the corner of Portertown Road and Eastern Pines Road where that Pool Supply place is. Are there plans to install a traffic light there? I used to live on Eastern Pines a couple of years ago and turning left onto Portertown could be a nightmare at times!

Old 05-23-2018, 04:47 AM

Stormwater pipe replacement to shut down York Road for four weeks - Daily Reflector

Old 05-23-2018, 07:27 AM

192 posts, read 281,034 times
Soffe athletic clothing retailer is now open near Walmart on 10th and Portertown.

There is also another restaurant that opened up next to "Shore to Door" for breakfast, lunch, dinner. Hours are a bit strange though 6am-3pm.

Old 05-23-2018, 07:49 AM

893 posts, read 1,342,711 times
The intersection where Bills hotdogs is going will be updated to a roundabout once the Portertown / Firetower Road expansion is underway. That should help immensely.

It might bring a lot more business to The Shade Tree Barber shop next door, not that be needs it but still.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina