Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2017, 11:15 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
Where is that going to be?
Bells Fork, Arlington near Firetower, beside Wendy's, behind Food Lion, across from Party Makers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 12:57 PM

112 posts, read 136,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Doesn't Barnes & Noble have a Starbucks as well? I guess thats ok.
Yes they do, and so does Harris Teeter right down the block!

Old 01-04-2017, 01:24 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,876 times
I'm glad this target is getting a makeover! I'd much rather prefer an entirely new, larger store, maybe out by the Fresh Market/Dick's/Kohl's area. I live in the Knightdale area and a Target that size would be perfect, IMO.

Most Targets now have a Starbucks in them along with the small cafe. I'm hoping the makeover will move the closet sized electronics section to a larger space.

**edit: I did some digging and found out that the Greenville & Knightdale targets are roughly the same size and similar to most other standard sized targets (125,000 sq. ft) .They've just been using the space poorly. I'm assuming the redo will align it with other targets I've been in and should allow for a better flow and use of space.

Greenville's layout:

Goldsboro/Rocky Mount updated layout:

Last edited by michealbond; 01-04-2017 at 01:49 PM..

Old 01-04-2017, 01:35 PM

275 posts, read 330,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
I'm glad this target is getting a makeover! I'd much rather prefer an entirely new, larger store, maybe out by the Fresh Market/Dick's/Kohl's area. I live in the Knightdale area and a Target that size would be perfect, IMO.

Most Targets now have a Starbucks in them along with the small cafe. I'm hoping the makeover will move the closet sized electronics section to a larger space. It's going to be hard,
I agree. They're better off building a new bigger Target off Memorial and put like a HH Gregs in the old one. They can easily built a new Target right beside Burlington Coat Factory.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:16 PM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times
I as well wish they would build a larger Target, I think most of Greenville feels this way. If they are redoing the current one, I guess it's going to be there for awhile. I could see another Target going out on Hwy 33 one day by that Wal-Mart. I think Greenville could support 2 Targets.

I'm really hoping they add a grocery section to the Target here, but I'll hold my breath on that one.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:51 PM

112 posts, read 136,339 times
There was a rumor floating around of a Super Target looking into Winterville, I'm unsure of where that stands at this point though.

Old 01-04-2017, 06:55 PM

247 posts, read 445,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty Drummer View Post
There was a rumor floating around of a Super Target looking into Winterville, I'm unsure of where that stands at this point though.
I've heard the same thing.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:41 AM

455 posts, read 528,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty Drummer View Post
Target is remodeling their store on Evans. The food court will now be a Starbucks and the rest of the store is getting a face lift as well.

The pirate car wash on 14th street behind the shell station at Charles was torn down. This entire area seems like it's slowly clearing out. I imagine they'll end up revitalizing that area once campus edge starts going up.
I was in town over the holiday and while at Target I commented to my wife that is sure needed a remodel compared to those near my home in Durham. Good to hear they read my mind.

That area at 14th and Charles has great potential with its proximity to campus and the stadium, I'm interested to see what will replace the car wash. I think demoing the old Jolly Roger gas station and maybe a small strip of stores that includes a neighborhood pub.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:18 PM

192 posts, read 281,138 times
Does anyone know what is being built next to the charter school and Champions gym on Firetower?

Old 01-05-2017, 12:22 PM

7 posts, read 6,755 times
14th street car wash is going to be speedway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina