Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2016, 03:40 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,261,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullGoodBearBad View Post
Who would've thought that a business that exclusively sells things that you can easily make at home for 5-6x cheaper would shut down?
It was a cute concept. But the writing was on the wall when they started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2016, 08:08 PM

3,084 posts, read 4,859,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
It was a cute concept. But the writing was on the wall when they started.
Insomnia Cookies a block away did them in.

Old 12-27-2016, 07:52 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,249,488 times
Quote:
Who would've thought that a business that exclusively sells things that you can easily make at home for 5-6x cheaper would shut down?
That's a real shame. I hate hearing that local businesses close. Sometimes you can't make things less expensive at home. I cannot bake at all & wouldn't spend the money or time baking cupcakes. To me it is easier to buy quality goods at a local store.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:02 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,553,438 times
Well, Insomnia cookies probably did beat them out. Those are some damn good cookies!!

Also, if you look at it that way, how does any restaurant stay open? You can definitely buy a couple of steaks for far less than one from Longhorn or Ribeyes. You can buy a whole bag of chicken and a whole bag of potatoes for the same price as a combo from Chick Fil A. Ground meat, cheese, a bag of fries and buns for 4 for a fraction of the cost of 4 meals from Hwy 55. People will pay higher costs for someone else to cook their food. Cookies/sweets are included. Plenty of people buy Mrs. Fields, The Cookie company, etc.

Insomnia cookies is a national chain and the "concept" is doing just fine. Campus cookies is more of a regional brand, but they have stores in VA near college campuses. I get what you're saying, but they probably couldn't compete as well once insomnia came around.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:22 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,105,617 times
Quote:
In many places this business might have done well. Downtown Greenville is still not a place to hang out. You go there for a reason, you do whatever it was that you came for, and then you go home.

Merely building new buildings isn't going to do it. It's going to take a cultural shift in the area residents or tourism to change it.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:44 AM

247 posts, read 445,574 times
Wrsrealty.com is showing that a new Verizon building will be built directly across from McDonald's on 10th Street near the new Walmart.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:59 AM

1,292 posts, read 1,599,213 times
Verizon company store or a agent?

Old 12-27-2016, 11:26 AM

112 posts, read 136,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
Verizon company store or a agent?
I was told last night that it will be an authorized retailer. I talked to an old friend last night(they have family who does surveying) who said big things are coming to that area soon in terms of restaurants and stores. Hopefully this side of town will do what the winterville side of town was able to do.

Old 12-27-2016, 11:41 AM

3,084 posts, read 4,859,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
In many places this business might have done well. Downtown Greenville is still not a place to hang out. You go there for a reason, you do whatever it was that you came for, and then you go home.

Merely building new buildings isn't going to do it. It's going to take a cultural shift in the area residents or tourism to change it.
I think you will see a big shift soon and going forward, I just don't think there is the market for TWO cookie stores. I think the Uptown Brewery will be a hit and will bring people down that will bar hop a bit in the evenings. GTAC construction starting, the big housing projects underway and a new playground at the Town Common. Once that Theater opens and the 10th St connector is done, it will be a destination.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:50 PM

155 posts, read 235,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty Drummer View Post
I was told last night that it will be an authorized retailer. I talked to an old friend last night(they have family who does surveying) who said big things are coming to that area soon in terms of restaurants and stores. Hopefully this side of town will do what the winterville side of town was able to do.
Still not sure what the construction trailers are doing in the Walmart parking lot. To be sure it's not for the Verizon store?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina