Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2017, 04:33 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,763,453 times

Advertisements

They're putting on a brick window look to the base of the 10th St bridge. Hopefully they'll use them for public art...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 06:58 AM

893 posts, read 1,342,581 times
that looks really nice, should blend in well with the Dickinson Ave. area & architecture. I didn't realize they were going to do that.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:53 AM

192 posts, read 281,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
Winterville debuts new farmer's market.

Winterville celebrates new farmers market - Daily Reflector
I was excited until I saw that it's only 4-8 p.m. every Thursday. SMH

Old 05-22-2017, 09:25 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,763,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
that looks really nice, should blend in well with the Dickinson Ave. area & architecture. I didn't realize they were going to do that.
I didn't know brick work would be part of the bridge either. I thought the grey concrete WAS the exterior. Haha...

A couple of things I noticed over the weekend:

A new Caribbean restaurant called Montego Bay has open on 10th St (formerly China 10, across from Villa Verde).

The ABC store downtown has closed.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:28 AM

455 posts, read 527,605 times
That brick looks excellent, bravo for not 1/2 butting it.

I had seen the Caribbean place being advertised. I think its a great idea to locate near Villa Verde. They should follow a similar style of social media presence. Coupled with the looming development there that could be some nice momentum for that area too.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:49 PM

38 posts, read 41,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisDrake View Post
That brick looks excellent, bravo for not 1/2 butting it.

I had seen the Caribbean place being advertised. I think its a great idea to locate near Villa Verde. They should follow a similar style of social media presence. Coupled with the looming development there that could be some nice momentum for that area too.
I hope it does well. The mexican restaurant previously in that location, La Herradura, did not last long.

Other things around town:

-Smash Waffle will be locating in the recently renovated building across from Trollingwood Brewery on Dickinson Ave

-Bradshaw's Building downtown, on the corner of Evans and 4th, is being gutted. Not sure what is going into the space

-Not recent, but Jarvis Street Bottle Shop (owned by the Christy's/DAPH group) is doing well. Still growing, but a nice alternative to driving across town to Tapped or going to Winslow's

-Another coffee shop is going into the Coffee Shack space. Hopefully this time for longer

-Lidl and Publix appear to both be making good progress

-Mr. Tims Texas Comfort Food has opened on Mumford Road

-A comic book store has taken over the Boiler Room space on 5th st (2nd floor, above skateboard shop across from Sup Dogs.

Old 05-22-2017, 02:39 PM

893 posts, read 1,342,581 times
Quote:
Mr. Tims Texas Comfort Food has opened on Mumford Road
I read this in the reflector, the food looks & sounds great...but I'm afraid it might not last too long out on Mumford Road.

Old 05-22-2017, 03:59 PM

38 posts, read 41,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
I read this in the reflector, the food looks & sounds great...but I'm afraid it might not last too long out on Mumford Road.
It's also fairly expensive. A lot of dishes around ~$12. When I think of southern comfort food, I'm expecting a lower price tag. But haven't tried it yet.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:25 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,258,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
I didn't know brick work would be part of the bridge either. I thought the grey concrete WAS the exterior. Haha...

A couple of things I noticed over the weekend:

A new Caribbean restaurant called Montego Bay has open on 10th St (formerly China 10, across from Villa Verde).

The ABC store downtown has closed.
Isn't that block being sold? Or am I misremembering?

Old 05-22-2017, 08:18 PM

181 posts, read 241,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Isn't that block being sold? Or am I misremembering?
ECU owns that block, they'll be using the building for office space until the one stop shop opens.

They essentially now own that entire street, We'll see what happens with that in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina