Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2017, 08:11 PM

378 posts, read 419,021 times

Advertisements

I don't understand why they are building the southwest bypass all at once. It looks retarded! they should of made it in two phases instead of just one. Because I'd expect people from US-13 want to jump on the southwest bypass to get to the hospital faster without sitting in traffic. Plus, I expect that northbound ramp to eastbound Stantonsburg rd to be the busiest one out of all the ramps on that interchange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 09:13 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,823,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slay The Great View Post
I don't understand why they are building the southwest bypass all at once. It looks retarded! they should of made it in two phases instead of just one. Because I'd expect people from US-13 want to jump on the southwest bypass to get to the hospital faster without sitting in traffic. Plus, I expect that northbound ramp to eastbound Stantonsburg rd to be the busiest one out of all the ramps on that interchange.
I would be happy the SW Bypass is being built as one. The bypass would take longer to get built in it's entirety had the project been split into separate contracts.

Goldsboro nearly got screwed over big time that way when the first section of the Goldsboro Bypass between I-795 and Wayne Memorial Drive was being built. NCDOT had initially told the city and Wayne County the rest of the bypass would not be open until at least sometime in the 2030's. Needless to say, the city and county were pissed. Arms were twisted in the General Assembly and lo & behold, the rest of the bypass was put out to bid on two contracts.

That being said, I do agree that having at least the section between US-13 and US-264 open first would be very ideal in the short term. Speaking of US-13, it really needs to be widened between Goldsboro and Greenville. I took US-13 before a couple of times and it sucks.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
I would be happy the SW Bypass is being built as one. The bypass would take longer to get built in it's entirety had the project been split into separate contracts.

Goldsboro nearly got screwed over big time that way when the first section of the Goldsboro Bypass between I-795 and Wayne Memorial Drive was being built. NCDOT had initially told the city and Wayne County the rest of the bypass would not be open until at least sometime in the 2030's. Needless to say, the city and county were pissed. Arms were twisted in the General Assembly and lo & behold, the rest of the bypass was put out to bid on two contracts.

That being said, I do agree that having at least the section between US-13 and US-264 open first would be very ideal in the short term. Speaking of US-13, it really needs to be widened between Goldsboro and Greenville. I took US-13 before a couple of times and it sucks.
In Goldsboro I think they are considering to do that. I think in Snow Hill, it needs a bypass. These are the 3 things I think they need to do before widening it.

https://prnt.sc/glr5pf

https://prnt.sc/glr6r8

https://prnt.sc/glr76c

Old 09-16-2017, 06:19 AM

Bradford Creek's future remains unclear, council set to deliberate in October - Daily Reflector

Old 09-16-2017, 11:17 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slay The Great View Post
I don't understand why they are building the southwest bypass all at once. It looks retarded! they should of made it in two phases instead of just one.
You have to remember that the SWB is actually part of a larger project with that being the Greenville Beltline. If you want to see a screwed up beltline (they call it a beltway up there) take a ride on the Capitol Beltway (Washington D.C.) between exits 30 and 36 at rush hour. The traffic only has 2 speeds there. Fast and very fast, bumper to bumper. Traffic is always heavy. I swear to God that they followed a snake when they laid that road out. Imagine driving at Talladega. That is that portion of road when the traffic is moving at 75 MPH.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:29 AM

Campaign ad sparks discussion on divisiveness - Daily Reflector

Old 09-18-2017, 08:11 AM

89 posts, read 130,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post

I don't think 13 will ever be widened all the way from Greenville and Goldsboro. The Quad East Project is still being played out. Which is the main reason why the SW Bypass terminates south of Ayden. It takes just about the same amount of time to take 264/795 to get to Goldsboro as it does 13 - although a few more miles.

Snow Hill should have some kind of bypass but I think that will be all that happens.

Old 09-18-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitrinite View Post
It takes just about the same amount of time to take 264/795 to get to Goldsboro as it does 13 - although a few more miles.
That's the way I went after I tried taking US-13. Hell, I also used I-795/US-264 to get to Raleigh from Goldsboro years ago to avoid US-70.

I agree that the Quad East project is more important right now.

Old 09-19-2017, 11:38 AM

They need to make these projects

https://prnt.sc/gn4jpk

https://prnt.sc/gn4y4w

Old 09-20-2017, 11:36 AM

6 posts, read 8,545 times
Agreed. Not that any of those intersections are high traffic but it might spur some development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina