Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2015, 05:17 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
What "bait"? You and another poster shared your feelings about Carson, and I did the same.

He's an advocate of education and personal responsibility. I'm with him on that. He's tired of seeing Black folks not doing the very best they can for themselves. So am I.

BTW, I did some searching, and that slavery comment he allegedly made appears to be fabricated.

Slave Statement : snopes.com
That other comment he made about slavery and Obamacare wasn't fabricated. Or about a Muslim being president. Or about being gay being a choice as "evidenced" by the behavior of prisoners before and after prison. Or just not being a sitting duck while a gunman is going on a rampage. Or about directing a robber to another victim. Or that climate change is irrelevant. The man has said some of the stupidest $h!+ since he's announced his presidential bid and it's just been a sad thing to see.

Sorry, said I wasn't taking the bait. But cast your vote for him if you desire; we live in a free society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2015, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJB327 View Post
Gunion, there's no point man. You cannot talk about the importance of personal responsibility without sounding like a sambo to most branwashed blk folks. You have to beat the same drum of pointing fingers and blaming others and turn a blind eye to things you can do differently. What kills me is if I point out a legitimate question, "Well, why did Michael Brown rob the store and attack that officer instead of complying" I get looked at side ways. It makes no sense.

I'm stating the obvious. Yes, I agree that the system is flawed in certain circumstances and there needs to be changes. I'll never stop advocating for those changes. But the major change is one we must make. In almost every one of those instances, there is also something we could've done differently:

Mike Brown: Stop being Debo and robbing convenience stores
Sandra Bland: I feel for her. She didn't deserve to get arrested for not putting out a cigarette. But she also could've showed some common decency.
Tamir Rice: A cop is approaching you, drop the real looking gun in your hands.

The only one I can't say anything about is Trayvon Martin. He couldn't have done anything differently. GZ is a murderer. That case was a pure example of everything wrong with the system. How we are perceived when doing absolutely nothing wrong. And how to most americans, this knight and shining armor was trying to protect society from a young black male. SMH. That case pisses me off to this day. And lumping the Michael Brown's of the world in with that one is like salt in the wound.

Now we are advocating personal responsibility and look at the response you get. They've turned it into a game of "They are trying to get me to take the bait." Bait of what? Talking about the importance of taking personal responsibility. Talking about changes that we make are the most powerful changes that can be made. If talking about or focusing on that is "taking bait," I feel sorry for our people
Firstly, you're making a ton of assumptions about where people stand on certain issues and you came in the thread with guns blazing attempting to "school" people, which wasn't a good look for you at all. So stop with the "So-and-so believes x,y,z" when you've not had a discussion with folks on those issues. That's number one. Number two, your rambling about stuff that's not even related to the discussion at hand is very off-putting and nobody has the time to respond to all of your points because they are all over the place. And number three, you obviously didn't see the video if you think Tamir Rice, a 12-year-old kid, deserved to be killed by the cops. I won't touch the "common decency" comment with respect to Sandra Bland....smh. And I guess John Crawford shouldn't have gone shopping in Wal-Mart that day, Walter Scott had it coming because he ran, Eric Garner wouldn't have died if we wasn't overweight, etc.

Old 10-19-2015, 06:45 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,791,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
That other comment he made about slavery and Obamacare wasn't fabricated. Or about a Muslim being president. Or about being gay being a choice as "evidenced" by the behavior of prisoners before and after prison. Or just not being a sitting duck while a gunman is going on a rampage. Or about directing a robber to another victim. Or that climate change is irrelevant. The man has said some of the stupidest $h!+ since he's announced his presidential bid and it's just been a sad thing to see.

Sorry, said I wasn't taking the bait. But cast your vote for him if you desire; we live in a free society.
Name me one modern politician that doesn't put his foot in his mouth. I never said the man was perfect. I'm saying I believe he is the best candidate.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
Name me one modern politician that doesn't put his foot in his mouth. I never said the man was perfect. I'm saying I believe he is the best candidate.
He's said the most INANE crap, much more than any other politician (except maybe Donald Trump), since announcing his candidacy by far. He's not putting his foot in his mouth; he actually believes what he's saying. He's an absolutely horrible candidate and perfectly demonstrates that one can be highly skilled in one area of importance and have absolutely no clue what he's talking about in others. Just his statement about Obamacare being the worst thing to happen to the U.S. since slavery alone let me know he wasn't anywhere near fit to be president--and on top of that, he decided to up the ante and said it's worse than 9/11! You can't make stuff like this up.

But enough about that. Moving on...

Last edited by Mutiny77; 10-19-2015 at 07:23 AM..

Old 10-19-2015, 07:27 AM

641 posts, read 802,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
And I guess John Crawford shouldn't have gone shopping in Wal-Mart that day, Walter Scott had it coming because he ran, Eric Garner wouldn't have died if we wasn't overweight, etc.
Look who is assuming now,, hypocrite

I feel for all those victims. Even MB. But we also have to take personal responsibility into consideration. WS cldve done things differently but it doesn't give some1 the right to shoot him in the back. Eric Garner cldve too but doesn't give someone the right to choke him out. And no, his being overweight isn't a factor. I do think ne cop that kills some unarm person cause the cop is overweight and in fear blah blah shld go to jail. I'm not familiar with walmart. The guy who was shot in his car for no reason didn't deserve that and the white kid in Michigan didn't either.

All I'm saying is there also has to be discussions on what we can do to change the outcome of these tragedies. If we don't, there could be more. We have more power in controlling ourselves than trying to change a system. We can rally to change the system but we shousilmultaneously change ourselves. The courts are finding most of these people innocent. How many more people do we have to sacrifice until we talk about personal responsibility.

Sandra Bland is a good example of what movements like these are doing to the minds of our ppl. She got pulled over for committing a traffic violation. She was ready for an argument and debate. For what? Riled up over Ferguson and she has no idea how that went down. She was even about to get a warning. Smh. In the end, i agree that the cop was still wrong.

And ferguson is another thing that shld be discussed. They complain about their lily white council, police department, school board and everything yet the city is predominantly black. ??? Go vote! That's the reason you suppose to vote. I'm not saying there doesn't need to be changes but one change that can easily be made is ones we decide to make. While we are doing that, we can talk about changing the system and specifically the fact that felons can't vote. Either let them vote or make it so they don't have to pay taxes

Last edited by FJB327; 10-19-2015 at 07:47 AM..

Old 10-19-2015, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Look who is assuming now,, hypocrite
Nope, all of those things are right in line with what you said about Sandra Bland, Tamir Rice, etc. The logic would be the exact same based on your previous statements--and that's giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're actually consistent in your logic.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:48 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,783,641 times
Quote:
And I still agree with that only b/c of the crippling mentality of a large % of us that makes it undesirable to be in most majority blk areas. It's not just me I have to think of when deciding where to live. Fort Worth doesn't have the black middle class presence I'm seeking. I don't want to be anyones token black guy. With diversity, I would like at least 20% black. If it's majority black, give me an upper class majority black neighborhood to price the lower class out.

Arlington has the diversity. Cedar Hill is predominately black but has the upper class neighborhood of Lake Ridge. Those are better fits for me than N FW. At the end of the day, I'm comfortable with my own peeps especially if they are at least solidly in the middle class and left that hood mentality in the hood.

The Racial Dot Map: One Dot Per Person for the Entire U.S.

Take a look. N FW is diverse closer to the loop but gets lily white the further you get. What's worst is you are surrounded by the most sheltered and snobby of them in Haslet, Keller, Trophy Club and Southlake areas. The one good thing I can say about it is the housing market is very hot up there. Very desirable school district. From the looks of the northern Dallas burbs on this map, I wouldn't want to live up there either. If schools were good, I'd choose a nice neighborhood in Lewisville or Mesquite. The most diverse place w/ a large black presence in N Dallas seems to be Skillman/Audelia. I've been there and done that during college, that's all lower class.
*tries to get back on topic*

Thanks for posting the website. This clearly shows the segregation and integration of blacks in each metro.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:55 AM

641 posts, read 802,296 times
I'm done talking politics. Unless something new comes up, I'm done responding to trolls

Old 10-19-2015, 08:03 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,783,641 times
Quote:
I'm done talking politics. Unless something new comes up, I'm done responding to trolls
Can we please get back on topic? Thanks.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:21 AM

Quote:
This thread only went off the rails until you barged in talking politics from the jump and spewing homophobic rhetoric, which is completely off-topic. So who's the troll?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City