Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2015, 07:24 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,219,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallect View Post
I'm surprised so many people took the troll bait and let this thread get so far off topic...
You and me both smh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2015, 07:31 PM

37,892 posts, read 41,998,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Ben Carson? The very same Ben Carson who also stated that us Black People should be thankful for slavery and colonization since it helped "save us" from the "unholy satanic" practices of our Afrikan ancestors' spiritual practices and "pagan" worship by converting us to Christianity (ironically a pagan religion in and of itself)?

HE HAS MY VOTE!!! He'll be the best Negropean President EVER!!!! USA!!!
His fall from grace has just been terrible to witness.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:33 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,795,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Yeah, I could say a lot right there but I'm not. Suffice to say, gay people have a right to be just as free in their persons as straight people do; no one asks straight people to be "discreet and tactful," whatever that's supposed to mean in the first place. It's funny that you hear Black people say this about Atlanta, but I have yet to hear White folks, outside of self-proclaimed religious conservatives, say the same thing about the gay community in any other major city. So it's okay with you that people are gay, as long as their "being gay" doesn't make you uncomfortable? And how do you know what people's intentions are just by looking at you? Someone can't find you attracting without wanting to break out the bondage gear?

Damn, we've got a long way to go as a people.
I think you've misunderstood my stance, but for the sake of staying on topic, I will move on.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:34 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,219,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
His fall from grace has just been terrible to witness.
Yeah it is. But at least it's good for comedy lol.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:38 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,792,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJB327 View Post
Thats an outrageous reply. You act like Atlanta is a hard place to get to.

Okay: i stayed at the downtown hilton from aug 10th - 17th for a conference. It jus so happened tht the hair show was going on that weekend(maybe added to the gayness i saw in the area).

It seemed that every recommendation from locals was to go to a stripclub. We went to onyx on a weekday, it was dead and lame. We went to blue flame on thurs. Girls were goregous but it was a hole in the wall ratchet club. We went to lennox mall but cant remember what day. I witnessed a gay domestic disturbance there. We went to twin peaks in buckhead that same day. I witnessed two dudes eating off one plate.

I went to hooters downtown. It still ranks as my favorite hooters in America. Civil right museum was nice. I asked an employee for a good spot to go to, like everyone else, he recommended a strip club. We ate at gladys knights restaurant for lunch one day. We ate at a jamaican spot near geogria state campus. Absolute best restaurant I went to was sweet auburn seafood. I only saw upper class to middle class non ratchet black folks eating there. That spot was classy and would be my everyday spot if I lived in atl.

As far as that one spot, i dont remember the name. I think it started with an 's'. It was across from the parking garage used for the acquarium. Probably a 10-15min walk from the civil rights museum. They serve food there. But also have day parties and it turns into a club/lounge at night time. Another great moment was visiting the mlk national site. I dont care what anyone says about atl, you have to appreciate that spot. Walking up to the house and chilling on the porch is an amazing feeling.

Like I said, atlanta is cool. I could live there and I would if I didn't prefer TX. If I had unlimited money, i'd have a crashpad there for sure. Atlanta definitely wins when it comes to the most beautiful Blk women.
Houston may have something to say about that.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Riiight!!! I wasn't going to go there but my point exactly! It be a lot of dudes giving you that gay look. Staring hard as hell. Smh. Its too out in the open there. And gtfoh. I guess u r one of those clowns that want to equate the gay movement with the civil rights movement. TX blacks are more conservative as it relates to homosexuality. Thank God! I can tolerate it to a degree but if it makes me uncomfortable, i dont want to be around it. Another HUGE reason i'd choose Houston or Dallas as more utopian for a straight black professional male that likes blacks and latinas.
You've must never been to Houston because...NEVERMIND.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:43 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,795,163 times
I like Ben Carson. I can't say I disagree with most of the things he says, and I'm no one's Republican.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Ok, point made, back on topic.

Black Mecca is Atlanta hands down. People shouldn't do as I did and get Black Mecca and Black Utopia confused. Atlanta is not a black utopia. No place really is and closeness to it is subjective.

But if blacks want a place with a large black presence and utopian like feel, they have plenty of options to choose from. "Utopian like" feel depends on that individual.

With that said, a black person can get an area with a large number of blacks and a near feeling of utopia in: Atlanta, Houston, DMV, NYC,

I've been to all of the above on numerous occasions. I'd relocate to any of them without hesitation if business brought me there. Dallas is a good city too but it's lacking something to give it a true utopian like feel. I can't comment on Philly or Chicago. If I had to rank those four of what utopia feels like to me it would be: Houston, DMV, Atlanta, NY ... as far as black mecca: Atl, DMV, NYC and I'm sure Philly, Bmore and Chicago belongs but I don't know much about those cities.

I also feel great in Los Angeles but we are only 7% over there. Vegas is another spot that I feel comfortable and I have to say locals in Vegas are some of the friendliest I've ever met.
What's the difference between Black Houston and Black DFW to you?

Old 10-18-2015, 07:46 PM

37,892 posts, read 41,998,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
I like Ben Carson. I can't say I disagree with most of the things he says, and I'm no one's Republican.
I could have a lot of fun with this, but I'm not taking the bait.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:00 PM

641 posts, read 802,805 times
i'm way more familiar w/ Dallas than Houston... I've only been there to hang w/ friends and familiy. And I'll be back next month... but from what I've seen, I can definitely say, for black women, I saw more 7+'s in Atl. I'd give it to Houston if we talking about light skin black women or women overall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City