Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2012, 01:19 PM

33,337 posts, read 26,558,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
No, I did not sin. You are doing the work of Satan in trying to get people break God's Fourth Commandment.

When you receive God's Holy Spirit you are not to sin by letting Christ live His life in you. Romans 2:13 applies that one must keep the Spiritual Law to be justified with God. One can only do that through the Power of God's Holy Spirit. Here you are trying to twist Paul's writings to get people to deliberately break God's Fourth Commandment. It will not work!

Everyone can read this verse and know that you are in error:

Revelation 14:
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Notice it doesn't say they go on sinning because Christ fulfilled it for them. You are in error! Big error!
Post #68 completes what I started in post #49.

Every believer sins no matter how spiritually mature they become. Anyone who claims that he doesn't sin never names his sins to God as per 1 John 1:9 and therefore remains in a perpetual state of carnality and unable to understand spiritual things. To claim that you do not sin anymore is arrogant which alone with pride is the worst of sins.

Rev. 14:12 Here is the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus. Not all the commandments given to Israel are given to the Church. The Church is not under obligation to observe a Sabbath day. And this you are unable to understand. You are unable to make distinctions between Israel and the Church. You don't understand dispensations.

At the moment of faith in Christ every believer is permanently justified in a salvific sense by means of the imputation of God's righteousness. It does not depend on your efforts, it does not depend on commandment keeping. As already stated, and which goes right over your legalistic head, there is a difference between what is required for eternal life, and what is required to have a productive spiritual life after being saved and eternally secure. Eternal salvation and the spiritual life afterwards are two different things.

And by the way, the Corinthian believers were a carnal lot. They were in sin, and yet they were sanctified in a positional sense as opposed to an experiential sense. I Corinthians 1:2 and 3:1-4.

Last edited by Michael Way; 09-07-2012 at 01:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 01:25 PM

951 posts, read 1,055,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Post #68 completes what I started in post #49.

Every believer sins no matter how spiritually mature they become. Anyone who claims that he doesn't sin never names his sins to God as per 1 John 1:9 and therefore remains in a perpetual state of carnality and unable to understand spiritual things. To claim that you do not sin anymore is arrogant which alone with pride is the worst of sins.

Rev. 14:12 Here is the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus. Not all the commandments given to Israel are given to the Church. The Church is not under obligation to observe a Sabbath day. And this you are unable to understand. You are unable to make distinctions between Israel and the Church. You don't understand dispensations.

At the moment of faith in Christ every believer is permanently justified in a salvific sense by means of the imputation of God's righteousness. It does not depend on your efforts, it does not depend on commandment keeping. As already stated, and which goes right over your legalistic head, there is a difference between what is required for eternal life, and what is required to have a productive spiritual life after being saved and eternally secure. Eternal salvation and the spiritual life afterwards are two different things.
No, you are forgetting Acts 5:32. God only gives His holy Spirit to those who obey Him. You must have God's Holy Spirit in order to have the "faith OF Christ" to be saved. If you do not obey God you will not have eternal life. It all gets back to what Christ said in Matthew 19 -- KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS!!!

Your church is not under any obligation to do anything because if it were Christ's Church you would be following Christ's example and keeping the Holy Sabbaths of God instead of these pagan Baal worshipping substitutes.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:36 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,942,374 times
Quote:
Is there divine healing in your church?
Did you see the difference between how Jesus deals with the unbeliever verses the believer?

Old 09-07-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
But don't you see tthttf...you're simply confessing that you've never really received the Gospel.

Here is what Paul tells us concerning Christ and the Gospel:

1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

This is why when you read the scriptures it tells you to keep the commandments in order for you to enter into life. Because you've never really received the Gospel.

And that is what you, just like the rich young ruler (Mat 19:16ff), must do.
Reposted...

Do you see why this is so, tthttf?

Old 09-07-2012, 01:40 PM

951 posts, read 1,055,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Reposted...

Do you see why this is so, tthttf?
You appear to not even know what the Gospel message really is.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
I quoted it to you. Did you not believe it?

Old 09-07-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
No, you are forgetting Acts 5:32. God only gives His holy Spirit to those who obey Him. You must have God's Holy Spirit in order to have the "faith OF Christ" to be saved. If you do not obey God you will not have eternal life. It all gets back to what Christ said in Matthew 19 -- KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS!!!

Your church is not under any obligation to do anything because if it were Christ's Church you would be following Christ's example and keeping the Holy Sabbaths of God instead of these pagan Baal worshipping substitutes.
Every Church age believer is indwelt by the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 12:13; Gal. 3:26-28). The only command to be obeyed for eternal life is the command to believe in Christ (Acts. 16:30-31).

No believer has the faith OF Christ. The faith OF Christ would refer to Christ's faithfulness to carry out His mission to go to the cross and die as a substitute for us.

Eternal salvation is not dependent on commandment keeping as I have already made abundantly clear in my previous posts. You do not even make an effort to understand these things. You just keep barking and yapping at the heels of grace oriented believers trying to make them stumble in the same manner in which you stumble.

Those who attempt to earn their salvation through their own efforts are working themselves deeper and deeper into a dept which they can never repay. This will result in spending the eternal future in the lake of fire. Salvation is offered only as a free gift. Those who reject the free gift and instead attempt to earn their salvation remain under condemnaion and remain lost.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Don't you see, tthttf...when you say "what the Gospel message really is", this tells me you did not actually believe what Paul stated. Let's read it again:

1Co 15:1 MOREOVER, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

That is the Gospel my friend. Those who believe this Gospel are imputed with the righteousness of Christ.

Here is how scripture presents this imputation to us, using Abraham as our example:

Rom 4:21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
Rom 4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
Rom 4:23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
Rom 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
Rom 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Do you see this?

Old 09-07-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
No, you are just trying to justify breaking God's Fourth Commandment. I have given you enough scriptural proof to show that Saints are to keep God's Commandments, Christ says we are to keep the Commandments both in Matthew 19 and Revelation 22 (you are using an alternate translation).

And even Paul condemns what you are trying to do.

Paul:
1 Cor 7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

So, repent.

But here are some things I can offer for reading:

Last Great Day (7th Holy Day of God, right after the seven day Feast of Tabernacles)
http://www.cog-web-svc.com/hwa/cc/cc-32/cc32-31.pdf
http://www.cog-web-svc.com/hwa/cc/cc-58/cc58-39.pdf
No Tthttf. You have not. You just cannot get it through your legalistic head that the Church is not under the requirement to keep the Sabbath day which was commanded exclusively of Israel. And I have told you over and over that obedience is expected of the believer, but that that obedience is a part of the spiritual life after salvation and is not a requirement FOR salvation. And it just keeps going over your head.

As do many, you pick and choose the Scriptures you want to believe and ignore and reject the Scriptures which refute you.

But I am done with you since it is impossible to get through to someone who flat out refuses to listen. If you choose to attempt to earn your salvation though your own efforts then you reject what Christ has already accomplished on the cross and you remain under condemnation. If you die without having ever in your life simply trusted completely in the finished work of Christ, then having never been saved in the first place, you will go to hell forever. And the consequences of your rejection of grace is on your head.

Last edited by Michael Way; 09-07-2012 at 02:26 PM..

Old 09-07-2012, 02:07 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
( By the way this is not a OSAS scripture. It's a being established by being fully convinced and not wavering at the truth of His word scripture)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity