Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 11:39 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,940,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
No, you have to obey God...
You're simply confusing the scriptural concepts of: That which is born of the Spirit with that which is born of the flesh.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

That which is born of the Spirit (which is our reborn spirit) can only obey God. The reborn spirit (the new birth) does not sin.

1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

The word "whosoever" is translated from the Greek word πας and means all of "any" or "anything", and would perhaps be better translated as "whatsoever", to make a more meaningful distinction between flesh and spirit.

However, that which is born of the flesh does not obey God and will continue to sin until put to death (spiritually speaking that is). All of us have to cast out the flesh (the natural man within) in this world, or we will have it cast out for us when standing before Christ, prior to entering the Kingdom (Mat 7:23).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 11:44 AM

951 posts, read 1,054,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
You're simply confusing the scriptural concepts of: That which is born of the Spirit with that which is born of the flesh.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

That which is born of the Spirit (which is our reborn spirit) can only obey God. The reborn spirit (the new birth) does not sin.

1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

The word "whosoever" is translated from the Greek word πας and means all of "any" or "anything", and would perhaps be better translated as "whatsoever", to make a more meaningful distinction between flesh and spirit.

However, that which is born of the flesh does not obey God and will continue to sin until put to death (spiritually speaking that is). All of us have to cast out the flesh (the natural man within) in this world, or we will have it cast out for us when standing before Christ (Mat 7:23).
God struck me down when I tried to work on His Sabbath after He had revealed to me which day the 7th Day Sabbath was. You can't "spiritualize" away the Commandments of God. Christ said specifically that if you are to enter into life, do what, put on a spiritual act? No. He said KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:01 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,544,431 times
Quote:
No, you can't squeeze the Sabbath Commandment out by that little trick. You have to keep all Ten. Christ's disciples kept the Sabbath as recorded in the scriptures which you cannot deny.

According to one source I have, Luke wrote this about 30 years after the crucifixion:

Luke 23:54 And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.
Luke 23:55 And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.
Luke 23:56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.

This proves your statement is wrong about the Sabbath not being a commandment in the New Testament. If Christ had not wanted this to be obeyed by His disciples they would not have kept it. Luke's writing overthrows your little scheme to remove the Sabbath Command from the Ten Commandments.

So, Luke lists this as a Commandment (and not a suggestion), probably 30+ years after Christ told the young man to keep the Commandments. This shows your bias towards the Sabbath. The bad thing is you have a love toward Baal worship and paganism since you substitute pagan days for God's Holy Sabbaths.

You need to study these four lessons here. Maybe you won't be so attracted to pagan worship after you do:

Satan Originates World’s Day of Worship--Sunday!
http://www.cog-web-svc.com/hwa/cc/cc-58/cc58-29.pdf

Beware of the Day of the Sun!
http://www.cog-web-svc.com/hwa/cc/cc-58/cc58-30.pdf

The "Mark of the Beast" Brands Satan's Followers!
http://www.cog-web-svc.com/hwa/cc/cc-58/cc58-31.pdf

Beast to Enforce Sunday--"Mark" Again!
http://www.cog-web-svc.com/hwa/cc/cc-58/cc58-32.pdf
They were Jews still living according to the Old Covenant but things were about to change on the day of Pentecost when the fullness of Bread was given.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
They were Jews still living according to the Old Covenant but things were about to change on the day of Pentecost when the fullness of Bread was given.
No, Luke wrote this after the fact. He verified that it was a commandment that the disciples obeyed.

Clear over in the last book -- Revelation 14:12 we see this same principle. You must obey God. You can't get around it.

Revelation 14:
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Satan wants this world to disobey God and he has plenty of followers who want to do away with God's Commandments as this thread clearly demonstrates by those who want to do away with God's Sabbath.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
God struck me down when I tried to work on His Sabbath after He had revealed to me which day the 7th Day Sabbath was. You can't "spiritualize" away the Commandments of God. Christ said specifically that if you are to enter into life, do what, put on a spiritual act? No. He said KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS.
Christ commanded the unbeliever, those who do not believe Christ has power to save (that is: as Christ is revealed to us in the Gospel), to keep the commandments. Not for those who believe and are under grace.

Consider the following examples:

To the unbeliever:

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Now compare that with one who believes:

Mar 1:40 And there came a leper to him, beseeching him, and kneeling down to him, and saying unto him, If thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
Mar 1:41 And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean.

Do you see the difference here?

Old 09-07-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Christ commanded the unbeliever, those who do not believe Christ has power to save (that is: as Christ is revealed to us in the Gospel), to keep the commandments. Not those who believe and are under grace.

Consider the following examples:

To the unbeliever:

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Now compare that with one who believes:

Mar 1:40 And there came a leper to him, beseeching him, and kneeling down to him, and saying unto him, If thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
Mar 1:41 And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean.

Do you see the difference here?
Is there divine healing in your church?

Old 09-07-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Is there divine healing in your church?
Of course. All good gifts (including all healing) comes from above.

Jas 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Of course. All good gifts (including all healing) comes from above.

Jas 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
What is name of your organization?

Old 09-07-2012, 12:31 PM

But don't you see tthttf...you're simply confessing that you've never really received the Gospel.

Here is what Paul tells us concerning Christ and the Gospel:

1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

This is why when you read the scriptures it tells you to keep the commandments in order for you to enter into life. Because you've never really received the Gospel.

And that is what you, just like the rich young ruler (Mat 19:16ff), must do.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
What is name of your organization?
Simply being in Christ . All good things (including healing) come to me from Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity