Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 01:04 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,247,528 times

Advertisements

Once again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was let down into the lake and caught all kinds of fish. 48 When it was full, the fishermen pulled it up on the shore. Then they sat down and collected the good fish in baskets, but threw the bad away. 49 This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous 50 and throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

51 “Have you understood all these things?” Jesus asked.

“Yes,” they replied.

52 He said to them, “Therefore every teacher of the law who has been instructed about the kingdom of heaven is like the owner of a house who brings out of his storeroom new treasures as well as old.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 12:35 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,052,568 times
the "net" is space itself

Old 01-05-2013, 12:41 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Hmm....the good are kept and the bad are cast into the fire.

Hmm.....now...wonder what that could mean? I'm sure those that deny hell will be along any time now to suggest it's not what it seems.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:54 AM

just like the wheat and the tares.
God could burn the sin out of you now but it would burn you up too
first you have to become immortal (evidently at harvest)
only then can you approach God.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Hmm....the good are kept and the bad are cast into the fire.

Hmm.....now...wonder what that could mean? I'm sure those that deny hell will be along any time now to suggest it's not what it seems.
The bad is a new form of love which are carnal minds couldn't understand. Our ancient ancestors mis translated this and it now has been corrected here on city data forum.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:18 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
The bad is a new form of love which are carnal minds couldn't understand. Our ancient ancestors mis translated this and it now has been corrected here on city data forum.
What do you think this fire (hell) is?

Old 01-05-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
What do you think this fire (hell) is?
rainbows which are made of multi-colored marshmallows with sparkles and soft clouds made out of ice cream. I did a lot of research on this, trust me.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:14 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
rainbows which are made of multi-colored marshmallows with sparkles and soft clouds made out of ice cream. I did a lot of research on this, trust me.
Imagine roasting the marshmallows, over a campfire.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:44 AM

342 posts, read 407,845 times
OK. I decided to try this and see if I could make good fish out of bad fish by casting them into a fire. The result was not good fish. They were not purified in any way by the fire. So we know that the bad that is cast into the fire cannot come out good.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:47 AM

OCA - The Orthodox Faith - Volume IV - Spirituality - The Kingdom of Heaven - Heaven and Hell

The final coming of Christ will be the judgment of all men. His very presence will be the judgment.

For those who love the Lord, His Presence will be infinite joy, paradise and eternal life. For those who hate the Lord, the same Presence will be infinite torture, hell and eternal death. The reality for both the saved and the damned will be exactly the same

According to the saints, the “fire” that will consume sinners at the coming of the Kingdom of God is the same “fire” that will shine with splendor in the saints. It is the “fire” of God’s love; the “fire” of God Himself who is Love. “For our God is a consuming fire” (Hebrews 12:29) who “dwells in unapproachable light.” (I Timothy 6:16) For those who love God and who love all creation in Him, the “consuming fire” of God will be radiant bliss and unspeakable delight. For those who do not love God, and who do not love at all, this same 66consuming fire” will be the cause of their “weeping” and their “gnashing of teeth.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity