Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 08:20 AM

37,348 posts, read 28,485,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Pcamps, the way you explain these bible passages so often makes something even clearer to me than it was before, and I sure do appreciate it. I feel that I get the general spirit of these parables, but you seem to be able to focus in on the very words which make it all crystal clear.
Thanks Pleroo. I believe there is far more in that parable( and scripture in general)than I/we have touched on or can see. If someone sees something else in it that is life giving to the hearer, then that's wonderful too as far as I am concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 08:22 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,068,887 times
Matthew 13:52 Biblos Interlinear Bible

Old 01-06-2013, 10:07 AM

64,169 posts, read 40,552,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Seriously....??? There is nothing serious about the UR philosophy.

All it is, is a group of people who could not face the reality of God's truth so they created a philosophy that would relieve them of the fear, guilt, doubts, unbelief, rather then trust and obey the reality of God and His will !!
That is one view . . . but the real problem with the view of God espoused by mainstream Christianity is that it is EVIL and riddled with human psychological weaknesses. We can not and do not accept that our Almighty God has ANY such evil or human psychological weaknesses as motives, period.
Quote:
Those who are walking in the Spirit of God listen to Him and learn to live in a real world by trusting and obeying Him and do not want to hear nor listen to its silly fantasy that are nothing but lies against Almighty God !!
We walk in the Spirit of God, listen to Him and learn to live in a world of Love by trusting Christ's commands to "love God and each other." We consider all the evil and unloving things used to provoke fear as lies against Almighty God because fear and love can NOT co-exist. Pure love casts out all fear. We believe Christ, Cyber.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:23 AM

1,320 posts, read 1,253,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Apparently you don't want to discuss this seriously...
I've tried but its like talking to a goat.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham It Up! View Post
This illustration from Jesus is not a literal one so don't be concerned about the fish. The fish represent we as individuals at the literal day of judgement to come. Where each of us will be separated, the good from the bad and the bad will be cast into the literal lake of fire. This is a clear teaching that you will stand before Jesus and be judged and those found lacking will be cast into a fire. This is the fate you can choose to be saved from.

Bible correcter's and bible haters will try and tell you this is not true. That Jesus was not telling us what He did. But this somehow means something mystical or it's about something besides the judgement all men will face. You must beware of wolves in sheep's clothing trying to convince you of a lie.

Do not be deceived. God is not mocked! Only the truth can set you free!
Amen!

Old 01-06-2013, 11:07 AM

14,999 posts, read 17,343,034 times
Quote:
Seriously....??? There is nothing serious about the UR philosophy.

All it is, is a group of people who could not face the reality of God's truth so they created a philosophy that would relieve them of the fear, guilt, doubts, unbelief, rather then trust and obey the reality of God and His will !!

Those who are walking in the Spirit of God listen to Him and learn to live in a real world by trusting and obeying Him and do not want to hear nor listen to its silly fantasy that are nothing but lies against Almighty God
Those who believe in the final salvation of all mankind have not created a philosophy. These teachings are founded on the scriptures which tell us that God is love, holy, just, merciful, compassionate, long-suffering,truth, light, and so many things that are opposed to the idea that God is a sadistic monster who puts His creatures into an eternal hell. God teaches us to love our enemies and to overcome evil with good and I believe that this is what God does. He loves His enemies and He loves them so much that He is able to win them to Himself. Yes judgments have a place in the plan of God and the ultimate goal is to restore all to Himself. Many are unable to accept and believe that God is truly able to win all to Himself and that Jesus has been made heir of all. God bless and peace.

1 Timothy 4: (NASB)
4 But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will [a]fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron, 3 men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth. 4 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude; 5 for it is sanctified by means of the word of God and prayer.
6 In pointing out these things to the brethren, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, constantly nourished on the words of the faith and of the [b]sound doctrine which you have been following. 7 But [c]have nothing to do with worldly fables fit only for old women. On the other hand, discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness; 8 for bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come. 9 It is a trustworthy statement deserving full acceptance. 10 For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.

God bless.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Those who believe in the final salvation of all mankind have not created a philosophy. These teachings are founded on the scriptures which tell us that God is love, holy, just, merciful, compassionate, long-suffering,truth, light, and so many things that are opposed to the idea that God is a sadistic monster who puts His creatures into an eternal hell. God teaches us to love our enemies and to overcome evil with good and I believe that this is what God does. He loves His enemies and He loves them so much that He is able to win them to Himself. Yes judgments have a place in the plan of God and the ultimate goal is to restore all to Himself. Many are unable to accept and believe that God is truly able to win all to Himself and that Jesus has been made heir of all. God bless and peace.

1 Timothy 4: (NASB)
4 But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will [a]fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron, 3 men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth. 4 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude; 5 for it is sanctified by means of the word of God and prayer.
6 In pointing out these things to the brethren, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, constantly nourished on the words of the faith and of the [b]sound doctrine which you have been following. 7 But [c]have nothing to do with worldly fables fit only for old women. On the other hand, discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness; 8 for bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come. 9 It is a trustworthy statement deserving full acceptance. 10 For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.

God bless.
What are Demons?

God is the savior of all men, he sent his son. However not all will accept his offer.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:33 AM

37,348 posts, read 28,485,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
What are Demons?.
Impressed thought images that hold you(possess you) captive.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:58 PM

14,999 posts, read 17,343,034 times
Quote:
God is the savior of all men, he sent his son. However not all will accept his offer.
What are demons?

Why do you believe that all will not eventually accept His offer, Follower of X? Do you not believe that He is able to subject all things to Himelf, including all hearts? (Hebrews 2) Jesus has been made heir of all. God bless.

Isaiah 45

Gather yourselves and come;
Draw near together, you fugitives of the nations;
They have no knowledge,
Who carry about [w]their wooden idol
And pray to a god who cannot save.
21 “Declare and set forth your case;
Indeed, let them consult together.
Who has announced this from of old?
Who has long since declared it?
Is it not I, the Lord?
And there is no other God besides Me,
A righteous God and a Savior;
There is none except Me.
22 “Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
For I am God, and there is no other.
23 “I have sworn by Myself,
The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.
24 “They will say of Me, ‘Only in the Lord are righteousness and strength.’
Men will come to Him,
And all who were angry at Him will be put to shame.
25 “In the Lord all the offspring of Israel
Will be justified and will glory.”

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-06-2013 at 02:13 PM..

Old 01-06-2013, 03:09 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,556,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
What are demons?

Why do you believe that all will not eventually accept His offer, Follower of X? Do you not believe that He is able to subject all things to Himelf, including all hearts? (Hebrews 2) Jesus has been made heir of all. God bless.
Demons speak satanical concepts contrary to what God spoke:

Satan misquote God by saying :
Genesis 3:4You will not surely die,” the serpent said to the woman.
Demons deliberately quote scripture just wrong enough to imply what God does not:
Matthew 4:6 is Satan is misquoting Psalm 91:11-12
For it is written: “ ‘He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’ ”
Demons know that their fate is
Luke 4:34
“Ha! What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us?
Demons look for human victims
1 Peter 5:8
Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
Demons speak through humans:
Luke 8:30
Jesus asked him, “What is your name?” “Legion,” he replied, because many demons had gone into him.
People speak for Satan
Mark 8:33
But when Jesus turned and looked at his disciples, he rebuked Peter.Get behind me, Satan!” he said. “You do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men.”

Last edited by twin.spin; 01-06-2013 at 03:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity