Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 07:37 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,142,186 times

Advertisements

After reading through many of these different forum topics, ive seen many postings saying that if you dont follow each and every one the 10 commandments, you will go to hell etc(Mainly sabbath breaking). Ive listed just about all the verses i could find on who will not inherent the kingdom of heaven. Now can someone please show me where not keeping a 7th day Saturday sabbath & the 7 Holy feast days keeps one out of the kingdom, since its has been stated many times that breaking this command will spell out our doom.

----------------------------------------------------------------
The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17 NKJV)
1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.

2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.

3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

6 “You shall not murder.

7 “You shall not commit adultery.

8 “You shall not steal.

9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”
-----------------------------------------------------

Galatians 5:19-21
New King James Version (NKJV)
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[a] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,[b] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:5
5 For this you know,[a] that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Colossians 3:5-9
5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, 7 in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.
8 But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. 9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds,

Revelation 20:15
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:8
8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

-It is very clear by these verses that there is more one can do outside the 10 commandments that will also cause them not to go to heaven, but going to church on a Sunday, or not resting all day Saturday is not listed anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 08:14 AM

951 posts, read 1,053,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
After reading through many of these different forum topics, ive seen many postings saying that if you dont follow each and every one the 10 commandments, you will go to hell etc(Mainly sabbath breaking). Ive listed just about all the verses i could find on who will not inherent the kingdom of heaven. Now can someone please show me where not keeping a 7th day Saturday sabbath & the 7 Holy feast days keeps one out of the kingdom, since its has been stated many times that breaking this command will spell out our doom.

----------------------------------------------------------------
The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17 NKJV)
1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.

2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.

3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

6 “You shall not murder.

7 “You shall not commit adultery.

8 “You shall not steal.

9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”
-----------------------------------------------------

Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[a] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,[b] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:5
5 For this you know,[a] that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Colossians 3:5-9
5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, 7 in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.
8 But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. 9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds,

Revelation 20:15
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:8
8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

-It is very clear by these verses that there is more one can do outside the 10 commandments that will also cause them not to go to heaven, but going to church on a Sunday, or not resting all day Saturday is not listed anywhere.
You accuse others who believe in keeping the Ten Commandments and all the statutes, judgments and laws and spiritual magnifications that are related to the Ten as being legalists, do you not?

What you have written above is legalistic. Since you can't find a specific "thou shalt" or "thou shalt not..." you have determined that the Sabbath has been done away with, which is not true. Where is the command about kidnapping, did I overlook it? I guess your legalistic approach cannot account for that or will you compromise and say it is covered by this or that general command. I can use this same argument and point out to you that the Sabbath is also covered by a more general command as well:

Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

How does one love God:

The commandments 1-4 show love to God as the last 6 show love toward neighbor.

When you keep the Sabbath you are showing love toward God and fulfilling the First of the two Great Commandments.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:28 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,637,839 times
one enters in by the door by Jesus Christ into eternal life (John 10) through the rebirth. Through faithfulness one inherits the kingdom.

Not all saved will be equal. Some will be subjects and some will be sovereigns. Those faithful will reign with Christ.

Those that are considered the mentioned in Galatians, Corinthians, etc will have entered eternal life through Christ but shall not inherited the Kingdom with Christ because of their unfaithfulness.

This is the only conclusion one can come to when looking upon the Whole Council of God.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:35 AM

Who are you to judge how much I love God, just because I attend church on Sunday doesnt make me any less than you in your Saturday observance. I have never once condemned anyone for keeping the 10 commandments, what I speak out against is people like you who come on here stating that I will be doomed if i dont do a Saturday observance of the sabbath and keep the holy days, and Sunday worship and Christmas and Easter is baal worship...THAT IS WHAT I SPEAK AGAINST! You speak more of Mr. Armstrong than you do of Jesus.

Ive said posted it before and ill post it again til sticks and convicts your heart

James 4

Do Not Judge a Brother

11 Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. 12 There is one Lawgiver,[d] who is able to save and to destroy. Who[e] are you to judge another?[f]

All you do is live to judge and condemn...these verse above should be enough for you to consider change your approach when trying to witness to people. Take the plank out of your own eye and look at your own sin of judging & condemnation before you point out everyone others faults.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Who are you to judge how much I love God, just because I attend church on Sunday doesnt make me any less than you in your Saturday observance. I have never once condemned anyone for keeping the 10 commandments, what I speak out against is people like you who come on here stating that I will be doomed if i dont do a Saturday observance of the sabbath and keep the holy days, and Sunday worship and Christmas and Easter is baal worship...THAT IS WHAT I SPEAK AGAINST! You speak more of Mr. Armstrong than you do of Jesus.

Ive said posted it before and ill post it again til sticks and convicts your heart

James 4

Do Not Judge a Brother

11 Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. 12 There is one Lawgiver,[d] who is able to save and to destroy. Who[e] are you to judge another?[f]

All you do is live to judge and condemn...these verse above should be enough for you to consider change your approach when trying to witness to people. Take the plank out of your own eye and look at your own sin of judging & condemnation before you point out everyone others faults.
All the judging and condemning you may see in me is really not from me. I had nothing to do with writing the Scriptures. You are condemning the real God and the real Christ from whom I have delivered to you these commandments. And you are participating in Baal worship if you keep all these pagan days. You are sinning according to the Word of God and not according to my own personal words or judgments. Christ condemned the Pharisees when they substituted doctrines of men for the Commandments of God. How much more condemnation would He have given them if they had substituted the days of Baal worship for the Holy Days of God? How much?

Wake Up!

Old 09-05-2012, 08:53 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,818,275 times
I submit that the only thing to keep your from the Kindom of Heaven is unforgiven sin. It's a simple "way" to get there and yet a very narrow path.

All but one sin is forgivable.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
All the judging and condemning you may see in me is really not from me. I had nothing to do with writing the Scriptures. You are condemning the real God and the real Christ from whom I have delivered to you these commandments. And you are participating in Baal worship if you keep all these pagan days. You are sinning according to the Word of God and not according to my own personal words or judgments. Christ condemned the Pharisees when they substituted doctrines of men for the Commandments of God. How much more condemnation would He have given them if they had substituted the days of Baal worship for the Holy Days of God? How much?

Wake Up!

When will you Wake Up and realize those feast days were part of the ceremonial law that was fulfilled by Christ. They all require a burnt offering by fire to the Lord, just read Leviticus 23 and Numbers 28. While im not against learning them and there purpose, but telling someone they must observe them, is no where to be found in the New Covenant, only Christ commanded us to keep the Passover.

But back to the topic, where did JESUS( Yeshua Ha Mashiach ) say or tell anyone that not observing these Sabbaths will not get them to heaven?

Where does it show that he taught the apostles about sabbath keeping is a requirement to get into the kingdom?

Where does it show the apostles teaching others in the book of Acts that if they dont worship on a Saturday, they are doomed for hell?

Why does all the verses i listed not mention not keeping Sabbath as something that will keep one out of the kingdom?

Old 09-05-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
When will you Wake Up and realize those feast days were part of the ceremonial law that was fulfilled by Christ. They all require a burnt offering by fire to the Lord, just read Leviticus 23 and Numbers 28. While im not against learning them and there purpose, but telling someone they must observe them, is no where to be found in the New Covenant, only Christ commanded us to keep the Passover.

But back to the topic, where did JESUS( Yeshua Ha Mashiach ) say or tell anyone that not observing these Sabbaths will not get them to heaven?

Where does it show that he taught the apostles about sabbath keeping is a requirement to get into the kingdom?

Where does it show the apostles teaching others in the book of Acts that if they dont worship on a Saturday, they are doomed for hell?

Why does all the verses i listed not mention not keeping Sabbath as something that will keep one out of the kingdom?
If they were not assembled on the Feast of Weeks (Pentecost) they would not have received God's Holy Spirit. Need I go further and point out every observance in the New Testament by Christ and the early Church? Note, there is no mention of the days of Baal like you and others worship on today and you even dare to call the pagan days "Christian." You and others are in rebellion against God! (Romans 8:7)

Old 09-05-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
If they were not assembled on the Feast of Weeks (Pentecost) they would not have received God's Holy Spirit. Need I go further and point out every observance in the New Testament by Christ and the early Church? Note, there is no mention of the days of Baal like you and others worship on today and you even dare to call the pagan days "Christian." You and others are in rebellion against God! (Romans 8:7)

Im not rebelling against God over OT laws that have been fulfilled by Jesus when he died on the cross for our sins. Feast days, while its nothing wrong with celebrating them, ARE NOT MANDATORY for ones salvation. I know people that celebrate them and dont even believe in the Messiah, so it just shows that its a bunch of works on there part.

Your beating around the bush, im still waiting for you to show me where not keeping the sabbath will send someone to hell, I showed you just about every verse that listed what will keep someone out of the kingdom of heaven and not keeping a Saturday Sabbath isnt one of them...just face it.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Im not rebelling against God over OT laws that have been fulfilled by Jesus when he died on the cross for our sins. Feast days, while its nothing wrong with celebrating them, ARE NOT MANDATORY for ones salvation. I know people that celebrate them and dont even believe in the Messiah, so it just shows that its a bunch of works on there part.

Your beating around the bush, im still waiting for you to show me where not keeping the sabbath will send someone to hell, I showed you just about every verse that listed what will keep someone out of the kingdom of heaven and not keeping a Saturday Sabbath isnt one of them...just face it.
You can keep the Sabbath and still not have God's Holy Spirit and still not be saved. The only true Christians are those who have and are led by God's Holy Spirit. For you have to keep the Commandments of God which includes God's Seventh Day Sabbath and you have to have the "faith OF Jesus" that comes when you receive God's Holy Spirit.

Revelation 14:
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

There is no beating around the bush. You have to keep the Commandments to be a Saint. If you want to keep the pagan Baal worship of Sunday, Christmas and Easter and think you have God's grace to do so then one day you are going to be rudely awakened to your folly. The only reason you don't know it is wrong right now is that all of modern Christianity is cut off from the real God and the real Christ and God is not correcting you for breaking the Sabbath. God corrects me and others so I know personally that not keeping the Sabbath is a sin. Your judgment is coming when you will have to give an account for your sins and you will have to keep the Sabbath or else you will be punished for polluting it.

It may not be spelled in a clear statement in the New Testament but the judgments of God speak of it as a capital crime and God's Spiritual Law which includes the civil statues and judgments has not been done away.

Exodus 31:
14 You shall keep the sabbath, because it is holy for you; every one who profanes it shall be put to death; whoever does any work on it, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the LORD; whoever does any work on the sabbath day shall be put to death.

I suggest you repent while you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity