Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 12:34 PM

951 posts, read 1,052,670 times

Advertisements

You may have missed it.

I will ask again.

What church organization are you associated with?

You said there is divine healing in your church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Simply being in Christ . All good things (including healing) come to me from Jesus.
In other words there is no actual supernatural divine healing in your church because you do not belong to any church.

Is that what you are saying?

Old 09-07-2012, 12:37 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
You may have missed it.

I will ask again.

What church organization are you associated with?

You said there is divine healing in your church.
I told you very clearly, in Christ. That is where His church resides and lives.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
In other words there is no actual supernatural divine healing in your church because you do not belong to any church.

Is that what you are saying?
The church is IN Christ. That is where all healing comes from.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
The church is IN Christ. That is where all healing comes from.
Is there divine healing in your church?

I didn't ask is there divine healing in the Church that Christ is the Head of.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Is there divine healing in your church?

I didn't ask is there divine healing in the Church that Christ is the Head of.
There is only one church, my friend. And that church is only found IN Christ, a temple built without hands:

Mar 14:58 We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
There is only one church, my friend. And that church is only found IN Christ, a temple built without hands:

Mar 14:58 We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.
But you know I did not ask you that.

There is a "synagogue of Satan" that the false Christians belong to. They make all claims like they are real Christians but when you check them out they are fakes.

I will asking again. Is their divine healing in your very own church fellowship?

Plus.

Have you yourself been supernaturally healed after your minister and you followed the instructions in James 5 for healing?

Old 09-07-2012, 01:01 PM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Continuing from post #49 which I accidentally submitted before completing it, in Romans 4:4-5, Paul makes a distinction between what is earned and what is freely given.

Rom. 4:4 Now to the one who works (who does something to merit God's favor), his wage (what is earned from the work) is not credited as a favor (is not counted as grace), but as what is due (but as debt).

The contrast is between what is earned and what is freely given. What is given is grace, what is earned is works. The distinction between the two must be recognized.

Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,

God's righteousness which results in justification, and therefore eternal life, is freely given on the basis of faith alone in Christ alone apart from any works.

2 Corinthians 5:10 says, For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. The Church-age believer will appear at the judgment seat of Christ in heaven which will convene immediately after the rapture of the Church and before the scene in Revelation 4:4 which describes the 24 elders who represent the raptured Church. The judgment seat of Christ for the Church-age believer will be completed before the first judgments of the Tribulational period begin. The judgment seat of Christ for the Church-age believer will be for the purpose of evaluation for future rewards, privileges, position and responsibilities in the future kingdom. 2 Cor. 5:10 summarizes what will occur at the judgment seat of Christ, and which is gone into more detail in 1 Cor. 3:9-15. Eternal salvation is a free gift. It is what you do with it that is the basis for the rewards earned at the judgment seat of Christ.

Understanding this is the basis for understanding Revelation 22:14-15.

Now Revelation 22:14-15 is not talking about salvation but is contrasting the rewards given to those who overcome and who advance in their spiritual life, and the denial of rewards to those who do not overcome.

Rev. 22:14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city. 15] Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying.

First of all, Scripture reveals that not every believer in the eternal state on the new earth is going to live in the New Jerusalem. The Gentile nations of the Millennial period will live outside of the New Jerusalem in the eternal state and will walk in the light of the New Jerusalem. But some of those who live outside of the New Jerusalem are going to be those believers who did not have any rewards at the judgment seat of Christ. They will not have the privilege of living in the New Jerusalem and having access to many of the blessings and privileges there. And this is what is referred to in the evaluation of the seven Churches in Revelation chapters 2 and 3 regarding the distinction between those who overcome and those who don't. One of the blessings, mentioned in Revelation 2:7, is access to the tree of Life in the New Jerusalem(Rev. 22:14). The reference to the tree of life is not related to maintaining eternal life. Everyone will already be in an immortal and incorruptable resurrection body which does not need to be maintained by anything. This is a reference to special blessing associated with partaking of the tree of Life.

Outside of the New Jerusalem are those who are described in Revelation 22:15. This is not saying that everyone who lives outside the New Jerusalem are dogs and the other categories which are mentioned. As stated, the Gentile nations will live on the new earth outside of the New Jerusalem. But so will those Church-age believers who have no rewards.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
But you know I did not ask you that.

There is a "synagogue of Satan" that the false Christians belong to. They make all claims like they are real Christians but when you check them out they are fakes.
That "synagogue" is not found IN Christ.

Quote:
I will asking again. Is their divine healing in your very own church fellowship?
And, I already told you.

>>YES<<.

And all such healing comes to me, as well as other believers, from Jesus.

Quote:
Plus.

Have you yourself been supernaturally healed after your minister and you followed the instructions in James 5 for healing?
As in James 5:14-15? No, I'm a believer. I go directly to Jesus in faith. He heals me when I'm sick or after I've sinned.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Continuing from post #49 which I accidentally submitted before completing it, in Romans 4:4-5, Paul makes a distinction between what is earned and what is freely given.

Rom. 4:4 Now to the one who works (who does something to merit God's favor), his wage (what is earned from the work) is not credited as a favor (is not counted as grace), but as what is due (but as debt).

The contrast is between what is earned and what is freely given. What is given is grace, what is earned is works. The distinction between the two must be recognized.

Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,

God's righteousness which results in justification, and therefore eternal life, is freely given on the basis of faith alone in Christ alone apart from any works.

2 Corinthians 5:10 says, For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. The Church-age believer will appear at the judgment seat of Christ in heaven which will convene immediately after the rapture of the Church and before the scene in Revelation 4:4 which describes the 24 elders who represent the raptured Church. The judgment seat of Christ for the Church-age believer will be completed before the first judgments of the Tribulational period begin. The judgment seat of Christ for the Church-age believer will be for the purpose of evaluation for future rewards, privileges, position and responsibilities in the future kingdom. 2 Cor. 5:10 summarizes what will occur at the judgment seat of Christ, and which is gone into more detail in 1 Cor. 3:9-15. Eternal salvation is a free gift. It is what you do with it that is the basis for the rewards earned at the judgment seat of Christ.

Understanding this is the basis for understanding Revelation 22:14-15.

Now Revelation 22:14-15 is not talking about salvation but is contrasting the rewards given to those who overcome and who advance in their spiritual life, and the denial of rewards to those who do not overcome.

Rev. 22:14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city. 15] Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying.

First of all, Scripture reveals that not every believer in the eternal state on the new earth is going to live in the New Jerusalem. The Gentile nations of the Millennial period will live outside of the New Jerusalem in the eternal state and will walk in the light of the New Jerusalem. But some of those who live outside of the New Jerusalem are going to be those believers who did not have any rewards at the judgment seat of Christ. They will not have the privilege of living in the New Jerusalem and having access to many of the blessings and privileges there. And this is what is referred to in the evaluation of the seven Churches in Revelation chapters 2 and 3 regarding the distinction between those who overcome and those who don't. One of the blessings, mentioned in Revelation 2:7, is access to the tree of Life in the New Jerusalem(Rev. 22:14). The reference to the tree of life is not related to maintaining eternal life. Everyone will already be in an immortal and incorruptable resurrection body which does not need to be maintained by anything. This is a reference to special blessing associated with partaking of the tree of Life.

Outside of the New Jerusalem are those who are described in Revelation 22:15. This is not saying that everyone who lives outside the New Jerusalem are dogs and the other categories which are mentioned. As stated, the Gentile nations will live on the new earth outside of the New Jerusalem. But so will those Church-age believers who have no rewards.
No, you are just trying to justify breaking God's Fourth Commandment. I have given you enough scriptural proof to show that Saints are to keep God's Commandments, Christ says we are to keep the Commandments both in Matthew 19 and Revelation 22 (you are using an alternate translation).

And even Paul condemns what you are trying to do.

Paul:
1 Cor 7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

So, repent.

But here are some things I can offer for reading:

Last Great Day (7th Holy Day of God, right after the seven day Feast of Tabernacles)
http://www.cog-web-svc.com/hwa/cc/cc-32/cc32-31.pdf
http://www.cog-web-svc.com/hwa/cc/cc-58/cc58-39.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity