Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 03:16 PM

19 posts, read 20,905 times

Advertisements

Could someone please tell me what the kingdom of heaven is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 03:48 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times
The kingdom of heaven on the earth is every believer of Christ who has an anointing of Christ on their lives , and this dwelling place of Holy Spirit for the season in the earth ,........... Then there is the kingdom of heaven in heaven with Father God and Son Jesus abide along with the saved people who were obedient to the commands of Christ and were judged by Jesus who were then purified for Heaven , then there are the Holy Angels of God who some are warriors of God who through Jesus Blood power could move obstacles away for the purpose of God ................ Then there is Kingdom of heaven in the flesh realm and the high places realm which God through Jesus blood could take the authority and remove fallen angels and demons from their places for the purpose of God ........Then there is the kingdom of God at the gate to the abyss realm where many demons and fallen angels are locked up and if sin grows in the earth then Jesus Spirit allows them to pass to the earth , or then Jesus will put demons and fallen angels in this abyss realm as a regulator of the sin in the earth ..

Old 11-25-2013, 03:59 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous_113 View Post

I believe the more accurate translation is "reign" of heaven. It's not a place but more of an experience. "The kingdom is righteousness, peace and joy." That is what is manifested in our lives when we are being ruled/reigned by God who is love.

In other words, love as your heavenly Father loves, and you will experience righteousness, peace and joy.

aisi

Old 11-25-2013, 04:05 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Earth, this is the kingdom of heaven...and apparently God's gonna clean it up soon.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:10 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
The book of Matthew is the key to getting a glimpse of what the kingdom of heaven is like. There are numerous statements and parables made by Christ that are nowhere else in the Bible.

The initial statements...

Matthew 3:2 - Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 4:17 - From that time Jesus began to preach and say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:31 PM

It will involve all nationalities...

Matthew 8:11 - "I say to you that many will come from east and west, and recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven;

Old 11-25-2013, 04:41 PM

Who will be there...

Matthew 18:1 - "I say to you that many will come from east and west, and recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven;

Matthew 18:3-4 - "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

You must be converted. Also, humility is highly valued.

------------------------

Who may not be there?

Matthew 7:21 - "Not everyone who says to Me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.

People's claims that they are Christians will not be enough.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:02 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Hi Anonymous. The subject of the kingdom is extensive, and concerning it there is much to be said. In the interest of giving you accurate and complete information, and because at the moment I don't have the time to give my commentary on the subject in the fullness of detail which I would like to present, I want to refer you to what the late John F. Walvoord, the second President of Dallas Theological Seminary and Professor of Systematic Theology writes concerning the kingdom. It is very informative and I hope you will take the time to read it. Here is the link.

https://bible.org/seriespage/interpr...ctrine-kingdom

Old 11-25-2013, 10:13 PM

5,349 posts, read 5,123,798 times
You could ask the same question about hell and people would have a lot more definitive answers for you.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:23 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
It is the place that manifests in us as we call upon it. The thing is it will never manifest in us until we have found where it us.

Jesus told us to seek it, he said it is within us, he said for us to call upon it for it to come.

The hard part is believing it is within, to be converted into it and enter to the experience of it within, we have to become like little children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity