Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 09:37 PM

951 posts, read 1,058,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post

This thread is ridiculous.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Matthew 19:
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Christ says plainly that you must keep the commandments to have eternal life...

God corrected me for breaking His Holy Sabbath. Does He correct you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 09:42 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,253,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Matthew 19:
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Thats understood when you are born again.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:03 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,187,351 times
Quote:
Matthew 19:

Let me repost this again...the real meaning of that verse.

Matthew 19:16-22

New King James Version (NKJV)

Jesus Counsels the Rich Young Ruler

16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good[a] Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”
17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good?[b] No one is good but One, that is, God.[c] But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
18 He said to Him, “Which ones?”
Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ 19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’[d] and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”[e]
20 The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept from my youth.[f] What do I still lack?”
21 Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

&

Luke 10:25-28

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”
27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b]”
28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

The point of these verses in Matthew WHEN READ IN ITS CONTEXT are not about following each and every 10 commandments for eternal life, but rather is saying that your main focus should not be on the acquisition of earthly material goods, but instead on living a morally sound life (which the are treasures that you will build in heaven) because the stuff you pile up here on earth is temporary and can be stolen or destroyed, but good deeds are everlasting and cannot be taken from you.

And Luke once again makes it pretty clear.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Let me repost this again...the real meaning of that verse.

Matthew 19:16-22

New King James Version (NKJV)

Jesus Counsels the Rich Young Ruler

16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good[a] Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”
17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good?[b] No one is good but One, that is, God.[c] But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
18 He said to Him, “Which ones?”
Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ 19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’[d] and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”[e]
20 The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept from my youth.[f] What do I still lack?”
21 Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

&

Luke 10:25-28

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”
27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b]”
28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

The point of these verses in Matthew WHEN READ IN ITS CONTEXT are not about following each and every 10 commandments for eternal life, but rather is saying that your main focus should not be on the acquisition of earthly material goods, but instead on living a morally sound life (which the are treasures that you will build in heaven) because the stuff you pile up here on earth is temporary and can be stolen or destroyed, but good deeds are everlasting and cannot be taken from you.

And Luke once again makes it pretty clear.
The first 4 of the Ten Commandments show love to God.
The last 6 of the Ten Commandments show love to neighbor.

Christ said keep the two Great Commandments, to live

Luke 10:
25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

Matthew 22:
35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

So, Christ is saying that if you keep the 2 Great Commandments you shall inherit eternal life.

Matthew 19:
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

The young man asked Him which Commandments and Christ only listed 5 of the Ten Commandments and He only listed Commandments that showed love to neighbor and yet He told the lawyer in Luke's account to keep the Two Great Commandments to inherit eternal life which includes love to God.

So, by implication, one is to keep all Ten of the Ten Commandments to have eternal life since the first four of the Ten Commandments show love to God and the last six show love to neighbor.

And remember, Christ is the Lord of the Sabbath (not Sunday). He did not do away with the Seventh-Day Sabbath!

And Luke makes it very clear that the Sabbath day is a Commandment and shows that those associated with Christ were keeping the Sabbaths. Luke wrote this decades after the Crucifixion and Resurrection and was inspired by God's Holy Spirit.

Luke 23:
55 And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.
56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and
rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.

Now, the RCC claimed by their ecclesiastical authority, they changed the Seventh-Day Sabbath to Sunday, and at least one Catholic writer has pointed out there is no scriptural authority for Protestants to keep Sunday, because the scriptures support the keeping of the Seventh-Day Sabbath. Even Martin Luther confessed that one man who was part of the Reformation who advocated a return to keeping the Seventh-day Sabbath had the better of the argument. But because of tradition, this was rejected.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:19 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,693,958 times
Dear tthttf,

You are such a beautiful child of God...filled with the Spirit of Truth...filled with so much of the Love of God through Christ...praise God ! \o/

You are continually in my prayers...for strength.

Stand strong in Truth as you have been...there are those out there called by God who are reading and receiving God's precious truth through you by the Holy Spirit of Christ...be encouraged my precious brother in Christ Jesus...keep fighting with diligence and temperance and compassion, the GOOD FIGHT OF FAITH...REAL, TRUE faith.

In the love of Christ,
your sister In Him...

Verna.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Dear tthttf,

You are such a beautiful child of God...filled with the Spirit of Truth...filled with so much of the Love of God through Christ...praise God ! \o/

You are continually in my prayers...for strength.

Stand strong in Truth as you have been...there are those out there called by God who are reading and receiving God's precious truth through you by the Holy Spirit of Christ...be encouraged my precious brother in Christ Jesus...keep fighting with diligence and temperance and compassion, the GOOD FIGHT OF FAITH...REAL, TRUE faith.

In the love of Christ,
your sister In Him...

Verna.
Thank you for your more than kind words. As you well know there is so much anti-Sabbath sentiments in the world that I am much more used to responding to negative, evil words used to discourage as the god of this world seeks to destroy anyone who would encourage the keeping of the Holy Sabbaths of God. Thank you again for all of your prayers and more than kind words....and you are in my prayers, as well............

Old 09-23-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Thank you for your more than kind words. As you well know there is so much anti-Sabbath sentiments in the world that I am much more used to responding to negative, evil words used to discourage as the god of this world seeks to destroy anyone who would encourage the keeping of the Holy Sabbaths of God. Thank you again for all of your prayers and more than kind words....and you are in my prayers, as well............
Thank you for your prayers dearest brother...they mean the world to me.

God Bless you always,
Verna.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:47 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,187,351 times
While you two keep clinging to the sabbath for justification, we are saved by grace which is a free gift from God, so you can do every sabbath and feast day and you will not have any greater salvation or be any more righteous than the next person who doesnt keep the feast days. This is not the Mosaic covenant where they were sealed by the Sabbaths as a sign, we are sealed by the spirit now in the new covenant.

Ephesians 2:8-9

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Romans 10:3-4

3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

2 Corinthians 1:20-22

20 For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. 21 Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, 22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
While you two keep clinging to the sabbath for justification, we are saved by grace which is a free gift from God, so you can do every sabbath and feast day and you will not have any greater salvation or be any more righteous than the next person who doesnt keep the feast days. This is not the Mosaic covenant where they were sealed by the Sabbaths as a sign, we are sealed by the spirit now in the new covenant.

Ephesians 2:8-9

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Romans 10:3-4

3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

2 Corinthians 1:20-22

20 For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. 21 Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, 22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.
Keeping the Sabbath holy is a Commandment of God. Sin is the transgression of the Law. If you do not obey God and try to establish your own system of worship (Sunday-worship) contrary to His teaching then you are sinning against God and deliberately breaking His Sabbath Command.

Christ kept God's Sabbaths both weekly and annual. He is our example. He did not keep Sunday and did not worship on the pagan days of celebration that modern Christians worship on today but instead obeyed His Father. The true Christians are to keep the Commandments and Sabbaths with the help of God's Holy Spirit, for without God's Holy Spirit we are really helpless to truly obey God.

Now, I was corrected by God for breaking His Sabbath and not keeping it holy. God is real to me. Apparently, God is not real to you, if you are not corrected for profaning His Holy Sabbaths. I am not bragging but just pointing out that we are in two different "worlds" and your words do not reflect any knowledge of what I have been saying for the posts I have made concerning God correcting a true Christian. And unless God starts correcting you, it appears you will not understand, for my words seem inadequate to make you understand.

So, God and Christ are in charge, not me! They make the decisions, not me! The Sabbaths are their decision, not mine! I didn't come up with the Spiritual Law of God in my own mind. It was not my idea.

But, despite this blindness toward obedience to God, our nation still needs to be warned about their sins and Sabbath-breaking and idolatry are their two chief sins just like ancient Israel. God will punish this nation soon and we will be destroyed and our survivors will be taken captive and made slaves in other countries according to Biblical prophecy and they will be in that condition until Christ returns.

Not a very pleasant future for us, to say the least. So, I urge all to obey God and keep His Sabbaths holy despite all the words to the contrary by all these modern preachers concerning obeying God and keeping His Commandments and keeping His Sabbaths holy.

I urge everyone to repent and obey God! Attack me if you wish, but that is what we all need to do at this time -- obey and worship the true God!

Old 09-23-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Keeping the Sabbath holy is a Commandment of God. Sin is the transgression of the Law. If you do not obey God and try to establish your own system of worship (Sunday-worship) contrary to His teaching then you are sinning against God and deliberately breaking His Sabbath Command.

Christ kept God's Sabbaths both weekly and annual. He is our example. He did not keep Sunday and did not worship on the pagan days of celebration that modern Christians worship on today but instead obeyed His Father. The true Christians are to keep the Commandments and Sabbaths with the help of God's Holy Spirit, for without God's Holy Spirit we are really helpless to truly obey God.

Now, I was corrected by God for breaking His Sabbath and not keeping it holy. God is real to me. Apparently, God is not real to you, if you are not corrected for profaning His Holy Sabbaths. I am not bragging but just pointing out that we are in two different "worlds" and your words do not reflect any knowledge of what I have been saying for the posts I have made concerning God correcting a true Christian. And unless God starts correcting you, it appears you will not understand, for my words seem inadequate to make you understand.

So, God and Christ are in charge, not me! They make the decisions, not me! The Sabbaths are their decision, not mine! I didn't come up with the Spiritual Law of God in my own mind. It was not my idea.

But, despite this blindness toward obedience to God, our nation still needs to be warned about their sins and Sabbath-breaking and idolatry are their two chief sins just like ancient Israel. God will punish this nation soon and we will be destroyed and our survivors will be taken captive and made slaves in other countries according to Biblical prophecy and they will be in that condition until Christ returns.

Not a very pleasant future for us, to say the least. So, I urge all to obey God and keep His Sabbaths holy despite all the words to the contrary by all these modern preachers concerning obeying God and keeping His Commandments and keeping His Sabbaths holy.

I urge everyone to repent and obey God! Attack me if you wish, but that is what we all need to do at this time -- obey and worship the true God!
Take heed in what the Spirit is sayng, for no truer word has been spoken. Amen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity