Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 08:25 AM

674 posts, read 804,895 times

Advertisements

I could go for some good hash browns. I like the "home fries" here, but there is nothing like some good, shredded potato hash browns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2007, 11:55 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
see and I Miss the Home fries with onions yummmm..Just came back from Ny/NJ I did bring home a bunch of Bialy's and Bagels...

Old 11-25-2007, 10:47 PM

716 posts, read 2,158,891 times
I don't know... I think I have to concede the Hash Brown point to the Southerners for Waffle House. I don't know a diner that could compare to Smothered and Covered.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:14 AM

8 posts, read 20,076 times
Moderator cut: no personal attacks as per TOS The Ritas tastes just like Jersey if not better! I am so glad I can get some great water ice now!!! And all year round!

Anyways back to the main point, the water has nothing to do with it! I have many friends from Long Island and Jersey who think is just as good here. We have a NY Bagels place in Mooresville near the Harris Teeter and the bagel there are as good as any I have had in Jersey or the City and they make them in the store.

Dont be so feebleminded!!

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 12-18-2007 at 09:29 AM..

Old 12-18-2007, 12:03 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedeman View Post
Moderator cut: no personal attacks as per TOS The Ritas tastes just like Jersey if not better! I am so glad I can get some great water ice now!!! And all year round!

Anyways back to the main point, the water has nothing to do with it! I have many friends from Long Island and Jersey who think is just as good here. We have a NY Bagels place in Mooresville near the Harris Teeter and the bagel there are as good as any I have had in Jersey or the City and they make them in the store.

Dont be so feebleminded!!
Whoa there, sport. Ease off. Firstly, I have attended many Rita's seminars and have a pretty intricate knowledge of their business. If they saw the water ice that I ate, they would make me give it back. It's not supposed to have ANY clear ice shavings on it. They make a big stink out of this in their presentations to future/potential owners. When I was handed mine, it was the first thing I noticed. Is it the water's fault? No. It was the person who made it.

That being said, I can guarantee you that I've had more of their product than you have and it wasn't as good. I will just blame it on it being a new business that's opened that needs to iron out the minor issues. I will visit that store again if the Charlotte stores aren't opening up any time soon (I believe in February there are to be 3 stores).

You're sadly mistaken if the water doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the bread product. It's one of the main ingredients! I'm not saying that the water down here sucks and that there's no good bread down here, but I have yet to eat a good bagel here and if you like the ones from Harris Teeter, that's your business. However, I have tried their bagels and thought they were terrible. Same with their rolls. Their baguettes are pretty good though.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:21 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,428,999 times
Owen's has good bagels but they are not made "in-house." Not sure where they get them. Nova's on Central is an excellent bakery and Baker's Blessing's in Matthews is very good too. You can buy both of their products at Earth Fare (the South Park store carries more than the Ballantyne one). Sugarbuzz is good for sweet bakery treats as is Patty Cakes in Rock Hill.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:21 PM

"That being said, I can guarantee you that I've had more of their product than you have and it wasn't as good."

How the heck would you know that? Please dont make such a claim. I have been there going to Ritas since 1989. Anyways, I have been to the Mooresville one many times and never did I have "clear ice". Always smooth and flavorful. They may be new but of all the stores I have been to its the same and I know many others who go there and say the same thing.

But the water issue is a non factor.

Old 12-18-2007, 02:23 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedeman View Post
"That being said, I can guarantee you that I've had more of their product than you have and it wasn't as good."

How the heck would you know that? Please dont make such a claim. I have been there going to Ritas since 1989. Anyways, I have been to the Mooresville one many times and never did I have "clear ice". Always smooth and flavorful. They may be new but of all the stores I have been to its the same and I know many others who go there and say the same thing.

But the water issue is a non factor.
Man, you just know a lot of people. Let's see: You know a lot of people from Long Island, New Jersey, and now a lot of people who have gone to the Mooresville Rita's which has been opened for a whole month and a half.

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree. Like I said not all Rita's are the same, but for every "less than stellar" Rita's visit, there's about 100 great ones. The one in Mooresville was good, not great. I will try it again but I live too far from it.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Man, you just know a lot of people. Let's see: You know a lot of people from Long Island, New Jersey, and now a lot of people who have gone to the Mooresville Rita's which has been opened for a whole month and a half.

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree. Like I said not all Rita's are the same, but for every "less than stellar" Rita's visit, there's about 100 great ones. The one in Mooresville was good, not great. I will try it again but I live too far from it.
Well you said it, we definitely disagree. And yes, I do know many people here in Mooresville and where I moved from. Many Northerners are here in Race City USA. They are a great Rita's. The people that work they are kind and very attentive unlike many northern Rita stores. My family has a great time when we go. I also feel like a water ice is as good (if not better) as any other 100 top Ritas. Do you work for Ritas to make these claims? You have sampled 100+ Ritas locations? Dont think so. Or you could be someone who likes their ice with a "Silver Spoon"?

No response needed.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:13 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
Ok well let me say this, to the poster who said ITS in the water your absoultely correct...my dh made bagels in a bklyn bagel store for years...and let me tell you Your right the Water is the main ingredient in making bread/bagels that taste like NY...I lived in NJ for 10 yrs as well growing up and living in brooklyn until I was 22...it wasnt the same...so If you find true Ny bagels here pls let me know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte