Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 08:05 AM

431 posts, read 1,668,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoftwo418 View Post
You are so right about the water. You can't find the good pizaa or bakery products because of the water. So far all the bagels taste like the frozen ones even toasted with jelly they are still bland We will try to this place when it opens but I bet that it will still be bland and tasteless.
Speaking as a native NYer recently relocated, there are numerous good pizza places here in Charlotte. Now "good bakeries", how about finding me "a bakery"?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2007, 11:12 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxmike View Post
I hate to inform you, but geography aside, Charlotte is not very "southern" at all.

True. I hope the native North Carolineans/Charlotteans aren't scared away by northerners wanting to change Charlotte to reflect a place they left previously.

Other than adding a few good pizza and bagel joints though.

Old 11-23-2007, 04:28 PM

674 posts, read 804,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momoftwo418 View Post
You are so right about the water. You can't find the good pizaa or bakery products because of the water. So far all the bagels taste like the frozen ones even toasted with jelly they are still bland We will try to this place when it opens but I bet that it will still be bland and tasteless.
I find all this talk about water hilarious considering NY and NJ have notoriously polluted water.

Old 11-24-2007, 06:37 PM

870 posts, read 3,528,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncisgreat View Post
I find all this talk about water hilarious considering NY and NJ have notoriously polluted water.
Where do you get your information from?

Old 11-24-2007, 06:38 PM

Oh, like it's not true. OK

Old 11-24-2007, 06:41 PM

BTW NJ's own Community WaterWatch states that:
Quote:
Over 85 percent of the water made available to us is too polluted to drink or use for recreational purposes. Today, 70 percent of New Jerseyans who obtain drinking water from surface water supplies do so from waters too contaminated by bacteria even to permit swimming. We all live or go to school on the East Coast. As inhabitants of New Jersey, we vacation or reside near the shore and are surrounded by bodies of water - bodies of water from which we can not drink. We cannot depend on local water companies to clean our water for us, filtration of polluted water does not remove all toxins or impurities. When we drink New Jersey water we are placing our health at risk. Our polluted waters have taken control of our lives and we, as students and residents of New Jersey, must take control.
Ok

Old 11-24-2007, 06:45 PM

Oh and BTW, the EPA is forcing NY to clean up it's act as stated in a press release from 11-15-07.

Quote:
EPA signed an agreement with New York City under which the city will spend approximately $900 million to build an ultraviolet disinfection facility to treat the drinking water from the Catskill and Delaware system by end of August 2012 and provide increased public health protection for approximately 7 million people

“New Yorkers can count on our continued vigilance in enforcing EPA regulations when action is needed,” EPA Regional Administrator Alan J. Steinberg said. “Complying with environmental law isn’t jut the right thing to do--- it’s the backbone of our mission to protect people’s health and the environment.”

THAT'S why the dough tastes so good, LOL!!

Old 11-24-2007, 07:22 PM

870 posts, read 3,528,867 times
The nation's largest city can continue using the nation's largest unfiltered drinking water supply, the Environmental Protection Agency told New York City today.
EPA Ok's New York Water Supply - thedailygreen.com

Moderator cut: copyright violation See Terms Of Service

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 12-10-2007 at 09:27 PM..

Old 11-24-2007, 07:55 PM

Great cut and paste job. The water is still filthy. But I am not going to derail this thread, so if you want to argue water quality, start a new thread. You asked where I got the idea that the water (which supposedly makes the dough yummy) is dirty in NJ or NY, and I answered your question. However, we should not change the topic of the thread.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:11 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,755,593 times
I had posted here that there are good places to eat diner food here in Charlotte. Well, I just got back from visiting family in NJ. I must have forgotten the whole "diner expereience" LOL! Oh my goodness, I had the best omelette and hash browns in my life a few days ago-complete with NY attitude! (good to be home, though )

I don't think it's about trying to Northernize Charlotte to be happy about a diner coming to town. I was just as disappointed in NJ not being able to order sweet tea. And my daughter was bummed that she couldn't have grits with her breakfast. I think if a Southerner moved to NY/NJ and couldn't get any of those items, or a real BBQ, he/she would be just as excited if a place serving authentic Southern food opened up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte