Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 07:37 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,507,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by taniamw View Post
Don't know if there is a definition per se, but I'm thinking of the kind of diner you find every two or three blocks in Manhattan. They are usually 24 hrs. and deliver within a ten-block range. The prices are very reasonable compared to the rest of the Manhattan restaurant world. It is not unusual for neighborhood residents to eat at one of these diners at least once a day and some take most of their meals there (Manhattan apartment kitchens are like closets and the ovens are usually used for take-out menu storage). You can go in to grab a coffee and a roll to go (or bacon, egg and cheese on a roll) or sit down and have a full meal, anything from pancakes, challah french toast or oatmeal cooked in milk to goulash, veal picatta, gyros or a buffalo burger. You can sit at a table, booth, or at the counter. You can order an egg cream. They know what you mean when you ask for a schmear with your bagel. Behind the counter is a big case full of pies, cakes, donuts, bagels and sometimes bialys. If you are a regular the waiter or waitress brings your usual beverage to the table when they bring your menu. If you take your coffee to go it comes in these blue and white cardboard cups with classical Greek figures and a Greek key design. Don't know where those cups come from, but all the diners have them.
taniamw - The closest you can get to the establishments like that around here are by watching re-runs of "Law and Order"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 08:44 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,127,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedeman View Post
No, Not biased. But you know what, you definitely DO NOT know what you are talking about. Kinda find it funny. Read some of your other posts and it seems you dont let things go. People notice this. Anyways, good luck in life sir.

But the water here does not make any difference.

Had a water ice from the Mooresville Rita's again about two weeks ago and it was once again subpar with even more chips of ice on the top. Oh well; the Rita's that are coming in Charlotte will probably be better.

Oh, and I only let things go when the person who has an opposing view to mine stops with the personal attacks as you have failed to do. I know exactly what I am talking about and that is the quality of a product. You are concentrating on the people who sell the product. I could care less who sells it, I am more interested in what the product is. Would you buy a crappy TV from a nice salesman?

Moderator cut: FLAMING

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-09-2008 at 02:11 PM..

Old 01-09-2008, 02:01 PM

8 posts, read 20,089 times
Moderator cut: FLAMING: Their Ice is as good or better than the northern states stores. It seems fresher.

Moderator cut: No Personal Attacks: Read TOS

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-09-2008 at 02:10 PM..

Old 01-09-2008, 02:43 PM

8 posts, read 20,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Had a water ice from the Mooresville Rita's again about two weeks ago and it was once again subpar with even more chips of ice on the top. Oh well; the Rita's that are coming in Charlotte will probably be better.

Oh, and I only let things go when the person who has an opposing view to mine stops with the personal attacks as you have failed to do. I know exactly what I am talking about and that is the quality of a product. You are concentrating on the people who sell the product. I could care less who sells it, I am more interested in what the product is. Would you buy a crappy TV from a nice salesman?

Moderator cut: FLAMING
A customer notified me of this website. I own the location and have had many Ritas employees from the north come to my store. Noone has ever complained of "chips of ice", even the franchise service manager that frequents the location on suprise visits.

ALL the Italian Ice is made fresh and thrown after 36 hours. I have been to the top stores in Pennsylvania to make sure my product compares and I think we do it even better.

It really suprises me you feel this way. I ask you to come back and show "us" what you mean about "chips of ice". I really would like to know.

We are always there usually. I was there this past weekend. Ask for the owner.

Also, just fyi...our scores for the ice rank amoung the highest of the system.

Thanks,.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:02 PM

870 posts, read 3,532,258 times
We are talking Water Ice, right? Rita's is a franchise. Franchise products are usually not any better than the independent owner or small business person.
As far as the scores for ice, that is an internal Rita score, so who cares.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:04 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,448,503 times
Pike's has egg cream.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,946 times
Smile "Authentic" Diner Already Exists in Charlotte

Sounds like you guys have missed a great spot in the city. Landmark Diner is located on 4429 Central avenue near downtown. It is THE place to go at whatever time of day, and order anything off their huge menu. You can sit at a table, booth, or even at the counter. There is this amazing assortment of desserts in the pie case as you walk in. All homemade on site. The place is owned and operated by a family from NY, but has been in Charlotte for 20 years. The food is always tasty and plentiful. You guys should definetly give it a try!!!!

Old 01-17-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Moderator cut: FLAMING: Their Ice is as good or better than the northern states stores. It seems fresher.

Moderator cut: No Personal Attacks: Read TOS

Oh, look at that. More personal attacks. How surprising.

Well, you may think it's fresher. I don't. I went again and the same thing happened. Too bad. Did it taste bad? Not really. I liked it, however it just wasn't the same. We'll just disagree only I won't resort to petty personal attacks. PM if you want me to send any more personal attacks without getting them cut from the moderator.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
A customer notified me of this website. I own the location and have had many Ritas employees from the north come to my store. Noone has ever complained of "chips of ice", even the franchise service manager that frequents the location on suprise visits.

ALL the Italian Ice is made fresh and thrown after 36 hours. I have been to the top stores in Pennsylvania to make sure my product compares and I think we do it even better.

It really suprises me you feel this way. I ask you to come back and show "us" what you mean about "chips of ice". I really would like to know.

We are always there usually. I was there this past weekend. Ask for the owner.

Also, just fyi...our scores for the ice rank amoung the highest of the system.

Thanks,.
NOW IT MAKES SENSE!! YOU OWN THE RITA's in Mooresville. I should have known since the only posts that you have (all 6 of them) are in relation to this thread and Rita's.

Of course you think it's good product; you're the owner. HA!! Talk about an unbiased opinion.

Dude, I liked the product but there were ice chips both times. The taste was good, but I have had better from other Rita's. Oh, and here's a tip; you should have chocolate ice available all the time. The first time it wasn't. I got the cream ice instead and while it was pretty good, it had ice chips in it.

It's good that your employees feel it's a good product I guess. Personally, I think it's a biased opinion and that a PAYING CUSTOMER'S opinion should hold more weight in your evaluation, but far be it from me to teach you how to run your business.

While I find it laughable that you would try and pose as a customer of your own store on this site, I still wish you luck and am still quite sure you will find success here.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:41 AM

7 posts, read 19,382 times
Default Rita's? Did someone say Rita's???

Hey All,
NJ transplant here. I worked in Easton, PA for a few years and that is where I discovered the great treat known as a Rita's Gelati. I was hooked after the first one and anticipated - like a kid at Xmas - that day in early Spring when they would reopen from their winter closure. Heck, I'd stop at the last one on my way home and get a few to put in my freezer and microwave (just enough to soften up) to get me through the weekend!! Can't tell you how excited I am to know there is one here, somewhat in our area. We live in Denver so as soon as one of you nice folks will tell me where it is, and this durn ice melts, I'll be heading Mooresville way to again taste that yummy, frozen, delightful treat. :-)
ps. Got Strawberry?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte