Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 09:59 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,395,447 times

Advertisements

Oh my friend I feel ya...lol...dh and I were saying the other night we would love that also..Im telling you it would really do well in ballantyne...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2007, 10:24 PM

138 posts, read 413,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
So they are 'halfbacks', as in half way back to NY
Just a joke, relax.
Way toooo funny!

Old 12-25-2007, 09:52 PM

536 posts, read 1,694,342 times
Angry Delancy Street

I went there the other day, what a rip off. A deli without hero's? I ordered a Reuben, and my wife ordered a Roastbeef with cheese. Well we got two roast beefs on rye bread. A little thing of Coleslaw and some fries came with the one meal. Also ordered one soda. - $23.50

Then we tried calling to complain and the line was busy for a half hour. Give me a real deli, where there is no where to sit, you just go in and order your egg sandwich and go!

What is with the food prices down here? I could have ordered that in Manhattan and paid less with more food and better taste!

I agree with previous posters this place will close by end of 2008.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:01 PM

536 posts, read 1,694,342 times
Thumbs up water

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncisgreat View Post
I find all this talk about water hilarious considering NY and NJ have notoriously polluted water.
Huntington, LI has some of the best water in NYS

Old 12-25-2007, 10:30 PM

NC however NY has some of the BEST FOOD..and is all about the water...

Old 12-25-2007, 11:28 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,549,163 times
MODERATOR NOTE:

This thread is veering off course lets head it back to the OP

Thank You.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:36 PM

138 posts, read 413,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncisgreat View Post
Oh and BTW, the EPA is forcing NY to clean up it's act as stated in a press release from 11-15-07.

THAT'S why the dough tastes so good, LOL!!
WELL, this certainly does not apply to Long Island drinking water, which is consistently rated some of the best in the country. Long Island drinking water comes from vast underground aquifers, and is naturally filtered by the sandy soil, especially that in the pine barrens out in eastern Long Island (which are federally protected lands).

That said, I live in Union County, and the water here is ok.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,719 times
The so called " Diner" has the worst service I have ever experienced and the food was less than average. Not worth the money.

Last edited by restaurantowner; 01-03-2008 at 06:08 PM..

Old 01-03-2008, 06:45 PM

the diner on 521 isnt open yet as far as I know...how can it have the worst service...now if your talkin about the "DELI" in the Fountains I happen to agree...the food was blah, the service was eeshhhh poor, and expensive...the corned beef was very fatty..ok

no more off topic

Old 01-03-2008, 07:27 PM

825 posts, read 2,821,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taniamw View Post
Don't know if there is a definition per se, but I'm thinking of the kind of diner you find every two or three blocks in Manhattan. They are usually 24 hrs. and deliver within a ten-block range. The prices are very reasonable compared to the rest of the Manhattan restaurant world. It is not unusual for neighborhood residents to eat at one of these diners at least once a day and some take most of their meals there (Manhattan apartment kitchens are like closets and the ovens are usually used for take-out menu storage). You can go in to grab a coffee and a roll to go (or bacon, egg and cheese on a roll) or sit down and have a full meal, anything from pancakes, challah french toast or oatmeal cooked in milk to goulash, veal picatta, gyros or a buffalo burger. You can sit at a table, booth, or at the counter. You can order an egg cream. They know what you mean when you ask for a schmear with your bagel. Behind the counter is a big case full of pies, cakes, donuts, bagels and sometimes bialys. If you are a regular the waiter or waitress brings your usual beverage to the table when they bring your menu. If you take your coffee to go it comes in these blue and white cardboard cups with classical Greek figures and a Greek key design. Don't know where those cups come from, but all the diners have them.
Not having lived in New York I can't say I have first hand experience but I've eaten at similar establishments before. I like the statement about stopping in for coffee and a roll...sounds delicious... but here in Charlotte one has to drive there first. Maybe they'll put in a drive thru window
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte