Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2008, 03:14 PM

797 posts, read 3,296,274 times

Advertisements

I just read Rainbow Station (nursery school, preschool, and summer camp) will open this summer. It's at the corner of Prov. Rd West/Community House Rd.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:20 PM

58 posts, read 205,843 times
When we first had our son I had no clue how hard it was to get into a good nursery/preschool. My wife works at one of the big Banks downtown and we got on their daycare list when she got pregnant. We got the call that our turn had finally come up when my son was about to turn 4 years old. We moved him there and LOVE it but why are there so few good choices. Is it the liability of a preschool or what? Seems there is a need for many more 'quality' nursery/preschools facilities.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:20 PM

116 posts, read 418,267 times
Thanks! It's good to know

Old 10-30-2008, 09:21 AM

1 posts, read 4,207 times
My daughter is currently enrolled in Shining Stars Academy and we are very unhappy with it. They took over All-Star Academy, and did not give us the credit on our account for $225 and made us pay (we lost that money), stating "That money went to All-Star Academy, not us." Also, they lost the half-case of pull-ups I sent with my daughter, have sent her home with the wrong clothes, and she has come home with a severe stomach flu and she was vomiting when she was there and they did not call me to let me know. I do not recommend this preschool to anyone. We are leaving there as soon as we can find a better one. One good thing, their prices are reasonable...but what would you rather do, pay more, or be on edge while your child is being watched?

Old 02-20-2010, 07:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellsmom View Post
My daughter is currently enrolled in Shining Stars Academy and we are very unhappy with it. They took over All-Star Academy, and did not give us the credit on our account for $225 and made us pay (we lost that money), stating "That money went to All-Star Academy, not us." Also, they lost the half-case of pull-ups I sent with my daughter, have sent her home with the wrong clothes, and she has come home with a severe stomach flu and she was vomiting when she was there and they did not call me to let me know. I do not recommend this preschool to anyone. We are leaving there as soon as we can find a better one. One good thing, their prices are reasonable...but what would you rather do, pay more, or be on edge while your child is being watched?
All Star Academy effectively went bankrupt. Shining Stars took over the building and made every possible effort to maintain uninterrupted service to all children. We did not take over their accounting. Parents who did not get service from that company should have followed up with that owner. We did extend courtsey credit to parents and waived registeration fees and relaxed deposit requirements to maintain goodwill. While I cannot say for the specific situation of the alleged loss of diapers, it is possible that sucn a situation could have occured during the hectic transition from the other company. It is unfortunate that the parent did not decide to bring these issues of up with the administration, we could have easily corrected it. Posting it on a public forum while satisfying, rarely helps resolve a problem. We do our best to work with parents on all issues and ensure that the children are always well taken care of.
SSA Administration.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:31 PM

841 posts, read 1,432,854 times
Wow... this thread's last post was 2008. Seems a bit late to respond to the complaints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte