Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2009, 07:34 PM

10 posts, read 35,731 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Ballantyne area, my children will be attending Ballantyne elementary. Any information, feedback, or opinions on this school? It is so new that I cannot find any info/statistics.
Also, any recommendations for good, affordable day-care/preschool programs? Mother's morning out (that's what they call the morning care programs where we're at now)
My husband is in the area already, and from what I see, it's very nice. We feel it will be a nice place to live. Now, as far as MY being able to find a job.....well, the economy speaks for itself. Scary stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 09:50 AM

797 posts, read 3,294,972 times
What is affordable for you? We really don't have MMO programs too much here . It's usually either Daycare (all day) or preschools (around 9-1). There is a church here and there that has a MMO.
Ballantyne is an excellent school .

Old 10-08-2009, 02:13 PM

81 posts, read 238,524 times
The principal, Sharon Damare, is fantastic. I am an eye doctor in Ballantyne so I see a lot of the kids and their parents from the area schools. Sharon moved from another elementary where they miss her a lot to Ballantyne Elem. where they love having her.
Good luck on the move!!

Old 10-28-2009, 08:51 PM

2 posts, read 17,254 times
We have been VERY happy with Sunshine house on Donnington (off Johnston). Price is reasonable and quality of care is great. I get the sense that these people actually ENJOY spending time with the kids!!!

Old 10-28-2009, 09:39 PM

6 posts, read 16,395 times
Try Learning Links, a half day preschool that offer a Mom's Morning Out program as well. It is close to Ballantyne. My DD goes there- excellent school and staff.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:31 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,359,671 times
Welcome! My kids go to Ballantyne Elementary, and we are very pleased so far. Here is a link that shows the grades/scores for last year: School Progress Reports (http://www.cms.k12.nc.us/cmsdepartments/accountability/Pages/SchoolProgressReports.aspx?year=2008-2009 - broken link) Just look up Ballantyne E for their stats. They are doing very well. I am also very impressed with the principal. I've heard positive things about her before we started and continue to hear good things now.

What is your timeline for moving everyone over? We did the husband working over here and the rest of us back home for several months before we all reunited. What type of work do you do?

Edited to add: forgot to mention the preschools mentioned above I've also heard good things about. My youngest attends Calvary, and we are very pleased. Excellent program (he goes 3 1/2 days/wk).

Old 12-19-2009, 06:29 AM

24 posts, read 59,561 times
My kids go to Ballantyne Elementary as well. The school is excellent, as is the entire surrounding area. We feel very blessed and fortunate to live here.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:24 AM

31 posts, read 60,245 times
BES is a good school, but it should be performing at a highler level overall. The teachers and the entire school community should be pushed to perform at the highest levels, and should not be content with hitting high marks when compared against CMS overall. For comparison sake, Hawk Ridge's (another Ballantyne area elementary school) performance and achievement numbers are consiberably higher than BES'. Why is that?

Old 01-26-2010, 09:25 AM

9 posts, read 14,588 times
Hello, My family and I just recently moved from Maryland. We reside in Ballantyne; My son attends Elon Park elementary. He loves his school and I've heard all the elementary schools in the area are excellent stat wise. However, my daughter attends High School and does like it at all. We are currently renting and did so to have the option of looking around once we got here. If your child(ren) are pre-schoolers they should be just fine. They'll adjust to the schools and they way the operate. If you have any children in High School you have your work cut out for you...lol..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte