Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2021, 02:51 PM

19,202 posts, read 16,686,206 times

Advertisements

I appreciate those who are posting their comments about the results of their vaccine shots. It may help those who are still undecided. Trust the people who've gotten it instead of what the media is putting out.

Still with questions, though. Just yesterday, an article came out where experts were asked if the vaccine will prevent someone from becoming infected or transmitting the virus. They admitted that they "just don't know."

https://news.yahoo.com/vaccinated-pe...k=tw&tsrc=twtr

Old 04-03-2021, 04:19 PM

21,731 posts, read 16,337,681 times
I’m just feeling good about leaving the kennel at will now that I’ve been certified to not carry rabies, parvo, or distemper. Ready to start tipping trash cans again.

Old 04-03-2021, 05:46 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,781,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I appreciate those who are posting their comments about the results of their vaccine shots. It may help those who are still undecided. Trust the people who've gotten it instead of what the media is putting out.

Still with questions, though. Just yesterday, an article came out where experts were asked if the vaccine will prevent someone from becoming infected or transmitting the virus. They admitted that they "just don't know."

https://news.yahoo.com/vaccinated-pe...k=tw&tsrc=twtr
I am watching this very closely as I have some medical issues that have been made worse with both the Virus and the Vaccine. That being said I may have had the virus.

I was working with a client who both he and his wife had the "flu" last March at the beginning of the month. His wife was given normal Flu medication and it went away. His didn't and he felt far worse and it lasted longer. The next month his doctor said he had probably had the virus. I went home and on about March 6 and a day or so later I had a cold. Humm, not a normal feeling one, and far shorter than I would normally have had to deal with it. Did I have it? Did I catch it from him? Who knows.

If so I may be better off not getting a shot, but then again .... nowhere enough testing has been done, as too little time has passed for them to have valid answers. I am still debating if I should take it or not and am reading a LOT from Medical journals and the CDC, etc. Oh, I wear a mask everywhere when near anyone.

Old 04-03-2021, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
I am watching this very closely as I have some medical issues that have been made worse with both the Virus and the Vaccine. That being said I may have had the virus.

I was working with a client who both he and his wife had the "flu" last March at the beginning of the month. His wife was given normal Flu medication and it went away. His didn't and he felt far worse and it lasted longer. The next month his doctor said he had probably had the virus. I went home and on about March 6 and a day or so later I had a cold. Humm, not a normal feeling one, and far shorter than I would normally have had to deal with it. Did I have it? Did I catch it from him? Who knows.

If so I may be better off not getting a shot, but then again .... nowhere enough testing has been done, as too little time has passed for them to have valid answers. I am still debating if I should take it or not and am reading a LOT from Medical journals and the CDC, etc. Oh, I wear a mask everywhere when near anyone.
I can relate with what you said about catching a cold but it not feeling normal and shorter than the usual cold. I experienced the exact thing. In fact, I posted it and I think it was on this thread but it was way back in early last year. It was a very short "cold," if that's what it was. Like yours, mine also felt different. The difference with mine was that I lost my sense of taste and smell; something that never occurs when I have a cold. I treated the same way as I do any time I feel a cold coming on, which usually starts with a sore throat then will either travel up to sinus congestion or down into my lungs. I caught this in time with my usual treatment of zinc, Vit C, and chicken broth for three days. Nothing else besides water. And in three days, I was fine again but I've noticed a difference in taste even today. So, I'm not sure if I had the virus either because I've never been tested.

With that looming in question, I read a few weeks ago that if a person had the virus and didn't realize it and then received the vaccine, the side effects could be very severe. Learning that gem of information didn't leave me feeling very confident. I have some weird allergies to certain things. One being antibiotics. I can't take them and although this is a virus and viruses aren't treated with antibiotics, I'm still on the fence as to whether I want to chance it with the vaccine.

I'd opt to waiting until those who want to be vaccinated are and when the numbers drop then maybe getting tested to see if I had the virus or if I have the antibodies and am no threat to anyone else. I still wear the mask and do everything I've been doing for a year.

It's all pretty confusing, Racer. But I do understand your concerns.

Old 04-03-2021, 08:36 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,781,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I can relate with what you said about catching a cold but it not feeling normal and shorter than the usual cold. I experienced the exact thing. In fact, I posted it and I think it was on this thread but it was way back in early last year. It was a very short "cold," if that's what it was. Like yours, mine also felt different. The difference with mine was that I lost my sense of taste and smell; something that never occurs when I have a cold. I treated the same way as I do any time I feel a cold coming on, which usually starts with a sore throat then will either travel up to sinus congestion or down into my lungs. I caught this in time with my usual treatment of zinc, Vit C, and chicken broth for three days. Nothing else besides water. And in three days, I was fine again but I've noticed a difference in taste even today. So, I'm not sure if I had the virus either because I've never been tested.

With that looming in question, I read a few weeks ago that if a person had the virus and didn't realize it and then received the vaccine, the side effects could be very severe. Learning that gem of information didn't leave me feeling very confident. I have some weird allergies to certain things. One being antibiotics. I can't take them and although this is a virus and viruses aren't treated with antibiotics, I'm still on the fence as to whether I want to chance it with the vaccine.

I'd opt to waiting until those who want to be vaccinated are and when the numbers drop then maybe getting tested to see if I had the virus or if I have the antibodies and am no threat to anyone else. I still wear the mask and do everything I've been doing for a year.

It's all pretty confusing, Racer. But I do understand your concerns.
Thank you for your thoughts. I may see about being tested for showing any signs of having had the virus. IF I show positive results then the vaccine is likely not as necessary as I would have built resistance and ... it would not have impacted me that much, so my immune system would be pretty good and now even better.

Old 04-03-2021, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
Thank you for your thoughts. I may see about being tested for showing any signs of having had the virus. IF I show positive results then the vaccine is likely not as necessary as I would have built resistance and ... it would not have impacted me that much, so my immune system would be pretty good and now even better.
Good idea, Racer. If you test and it's found you've already had it, you may have the antibodies. Only another test will show that, if I remember correctly from previous news. I hope that's the case for you.

Old 04-03-2021, 11:27 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,318,816 times

Old 04-04-2021, 07:52 AM

26,720 posts, read 26,793,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
"Vaccine passports will be a last straw for many Californians"
To be clear, the government has no plans to issue vaccination passports, which seems like a wise move given the ineptitude of the California Department of Motor Vehicles in issuing Real IDs. If it is done, it will be undertaken by businesses as part of their reopening protocol. The role for the government, according to Andy Slavitt, acting director of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, it is to provide criteria for security, privacy and access.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...ts-base-afraid

Old 04-04-2021, 10:33 AM

3,149 posts, read 2,697,686 times
Wife and I got both shots of Moderna. No reaction at all to the first shot besides a sore arm for maybe 24 hours. I had a decent fever after the second shot but it only lasted about 8 hours. Wife had a little chills after the second shot but lasted only 4 hours or so.

Feels totally awesome to be able to go around in public without risking anyone's life.

After our experience with this MRNA vaccine, we're excited for the future when we can get vaccinated against all remaining viruses. It's good timing because the changing climate has brought the mosquitos that carry zika and dengue into our area.

Old 04-04-2021, 10:37 AM

130,128 posts, read 12,088,000 times
If you think you may have had the virus, you can ask for the antibody test to be done as part of your routine blood test. That's what I did, as Dh had a case of covid (mild) & I was sick for about 3 days, so when I went for my routine blood work, I asked the Dr to add the antibody testing. It came back as positive, but I still went ahead with the vaccine, for more protection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California