Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 07:21 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Let's just drop it because, beyond a limited bit at the end about flu vaccinations, you have absolutely no idea of what's in the podcast. Again, I don't know why you felt compelled to comment.
I felt compelled to comment because you’re putting up a Podcast of crap science by a crap scientist. There’s enough misinformation about this virus without more people adding to it.

But yes, let’s drop it.

Old 04-24-2020, 07:30 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,179 times
The SIP in SF will likely be extended past the current end date of 05/03, according to the SF Chronicle. I would imagine the surrounding counties will follow suit.

Old 04-24-2020, 07:33 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,688,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
This is the California forum and the topic is coronavirus. Let's keep national/other states' politics out of our forum, please.
I don't know if this is in reference to Gary Null's podcast, but it's definitely about the coronavirus. Also, the first speaker is a California ER doctor who discusses his experiences and observations. The podcast is very detailed and, of course, the virus does not respect state lines.

Old 04-24-2020, 07:36 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Null

Old 04-24-2020, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
Any comments? Do you have any familiarity with Dr. Null's work? I don't want to derail this thread, but since you posted that link, the fact is that Gary Null is suing Stephen Barrett, and also Wikipedia, for defamation and failure to allow him to correct that false entry.

Here's just one example of Null's dissatisfaction with both Barret and Wikipedia, but I'm not here to fight his battles.

Wikipedia, Stephen Barrett, and Sweet Suicide
By Gary Null PhD and Amy Mitura

Progressive Radio Network August 27, 2019
https://prn.fm/wikipedia-stephen-bar...eet-suicide-2/

Quote:
Unfortunately, if you go to Wikipedia to become educated on disease prevention, you are going to be getting information that in our opinion, is not accurate and part of the reason is that Wikipedia editors get their information from one Dr. Stephen Barrett. As a result, Dr. Barrett has an enormous influence on people’s health choices and we have decided to examine Barrett’s actual claims in his writing and compare those claims with the state of the peer-reviewed science published on PubMed. This first report covers sugar.

In his book The Health Robbers, Stephen Barrett states “sugar has been subject to particularly vicious attack, being falsely blamed for most of the world’s ailments.” He also states that “there is no evidence that sugar increases the risk of developing heart disease” and that “sugar is not the cause of obesity.” Regrettably for people who choose to believe him (or the editors who use him as a source) he was wrong. Terribly wrong. Here is just some of the existing peer-reviewed literature showing sugar as a cause of both heart disease and obesity:
Back to "corona."

Old 04-24-2020, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Any comments? Do you have any familiarity with Dr. Null's work? I don't want to derail this thread, but since you posted that link, the fact is that Gary Null is suing Stephen Barrett, and also Wikipedia, for defamation and failure to allow him to correct that false entry.

Here's just one example of Null's dissatisfaction with both Barret and Wikipedia, but I'm not here to fight his battles.

Wikipedia, Stephen Barrett, and Sweet Suicide
By Gary Null PhD and Amy Mitura

Progressive Radio Network August 27, 2019
https://prn.fm/wikipedia-stephen-bar...eet-suicide-2/

Back to "corona."

I personally don't think he is worth listening to from what I read. But, you are not me and if you get something out of listening to him.....then I will respect that and have no other comment

Old 04-24-2020, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
I personally don't think he is worth listening to from what I read. But, you are not me and if you get something out of listening to him.....then I will respect that and have no other comment
We all have our preferences. That's life. Those who do decide to actually listen to the podcast about the coronavirus , before commenting, may find it to be very thought-provoking.

Old 04-24-2020, 08:29 PM

Perhaps a hopeful sign

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronav...xford-england/

Old 04-25-2020, 07:18 AM

This is truly baffling and troubling, the emergence of neurological (cerebrovascular) problems in association with COVID-19. Before anyone asks, no, these patients are not all in CA; and no, I have no idea if the doctors involved are "vaccers," "anti-vaccers," or fall into the camp of "WTH would you ask me?" Oh, and before someone does a quick Wikipedia search on Mt. Sinai Medical, it is outstanding with some very good neurologists on staff.

Young and middle-aged people, barely sick with covid-19, are dying from strokes
Doctors sound alarm about patients in their 30s and 40s left debilitated or dead. Some didn’t even know they were infected.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...oung-patients/

Quote:
Stroke surge

Reports of strokes in the young and middle-aged — not just at Mount Sinai, but also in many other hospitals in communities hit hard by the novel coronavirus — are the latest twist in our evolving understanding of its connected disease, covid-19. Even as the virus has infected nearly 2.8 million people worldwide and killed about 195,000 as of Friday, its biological mechanisms continue to elude top scientific minds. Once thought to be a pathogen that primarily attacks the lungs, it has turned out to be a much more formidable foe — impacting nearly every major organ system in the body.

Until recently, there was little hard data on strokes and covid-19.

There was one report out of Wuhan, China, that showed that some hospitalized patients had experienced strokes, with many being seriously ill and elderly. But the linkage was considered more of “a clinical hunch by a lot of really smart people,” said Sherry H-Y Chou, a University of Pittsburgh Medical Center neurologist and critical care doctor.

Now for the first time, three large U.S. medical centers are preparing to publish data on the stroke phenomenon. The numbers are small, only a few dozen per location, but they provide new insights into what the virus does to our bodies.

Last edited by pacific2; 04-25-2020 at 07:37 AM..

Old 04-25-2020, 07:50 AM

21,737 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
This is truly baffling and troubling, the emergence of neurological (cerebrovascular) problems in association with COVID-19. Before anyone asks, no, these patients are not all in CA; and no, I have no idea if the doctors involved are "vaccers," "anti-vaccers," or fall into the camp of "WTH would you ask me?" Oh, and before someone does a quick Wikipedia search on Mt. Sinai Medical, it is outstanding with some very good neurologists on staff.

Young and middle-aged people, barely sick with covid-19, are dying from strokes
Doctors sound alarm about patients in their 30s and 40s left debilitated or dead. Some didn’t even know they were infected.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...oung-patients/
Read about this elsewhere yesterday in some detail. Pretty gruesome accounts from some doctors who reported literally watching new clots form as they were drawing earlier clots out of opened lungs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California