Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2020, 10:29 PM

19,221 posts, read 16,705,467 times

Advertisements

Your angry words don't bother me a bit, goodheathen. If it makes you feel better stomp your feet and rant at those who don't subscribe to your way of thinking, so be it. I read your "ratting out you neighbor" thread so I don't think I've mischaracterized you at all. C'est la vie

Old 12-23-2020, 10:34 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Please stop mischaracterizing me, unless you like being the subject of my angry words. I meant looking for something specific he said to me a while ago in this thread that I'm almost sure proves my point. I think he knows what I mean. I'm not one of those jerks with too much free time who digs for anything, some of whom have done that to me.

I don't ask you to like me, but please don't trust him at face value. It's very likely some kind of agenda and not for amusement. I've seen similar tactics on social media. You of course can personally look at his post history, a moderate step that I almost never do to anyone, because I'd rather enjoy myself and believe that people are that word decent and avoid doing harm when not very into their emotions, but this smells bad.
Do you have any hobbies?

Old 12-23-2020, 11:14 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,885,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Do you have any hobbies?
Yes, a few, slightly reduced due to the virus. No, I'm not here on this site as much as you think. Now stay on topic.

This is not about my way of thinking. This is about behavior that keeps us in a pandemic. Anyone here who does that or encourages it is the bad person.

Gray Davis? Lol. At least make fun of someone recent and bad, like Garcetti. But anything but useful posts by some.

Old 12-24-2020, 04:35 AM

35,081 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I don't know. I realize that they predicted a spike in the winter everywhere in the U.S. due to weather, during which cases of flu have always increased in frequency. But if you look at other states, why say, in the past 14 days, does Tennessee have a higher confirmed case rate per 100 K than California, and Missouri has a much lower one? And the death rate per 100 K in Michigan is double ours, in New Mexico it's triple ours...and Hawaii has the lowest death rate in the country. What are states doing differently?
I suspect that states that had almost no infection during the March-April wave are getting plastered and the ones, like New York that were hit badly then are not getting hit now. Think Global Darkening Crisis and Remedy for the effectiveness of trying to stop the disease, except possibly vaccines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
But this is the California forum, so I guess it's back to what we're doing here.
I don't know why there are so many Covid threads on regional forums.

Old 12-24-2020, 07:24 AM

26,739 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
It has been in the news the last few days that a new version of the Covid 19 virus is spreading and while it is no worse people get infected faster and easier. The UK has shut down a lot of the country, So expect cases to climb.
Another new strain has apparently emerged in Nigeria.

“It’s a separate lineage from the U.K. and South Africa,” John Nkengasong, the head of the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, told reporters. He said the Nigeria CDC and the African Center of Excellence for Genomics of Infectious Diseases in that country — Africa’s most populous — will be analyzing more samples.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...merged-nigeria

Old 12-24-2020, 04:18 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,280,482 times
If lockdowns are the answer, why is wide open Florida doing better than California?

According to one website, the California positivity rate is 13.1% and Florida is 10.1%. The CDC website shows California at 105.9 average daily cases per 100,000 while Florida shows 51.7 cases per 100,000 in the last week.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...r100klast7days

https://covidactnow.org/us/california-ca?s=1469425

https://covidactnow.org/us/florida-fl?s=1469425

I’ve never heard of Covid act now, but from their website:

“Who we work with

Georgetown University Center for Global Health Science and Security, Stanford University Clinical Excellence Research Center, and Harvard Global Health Institute“

The California government site shows a 14 day positivity rate of 12.4%:

https://covid19.ca.gov/state-dashboard/

This site shows California at 12.6% and Florida at 9.6%.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...s-july-14.html

It seems like the the state with everything open is doing better than the lockdown state. But Idaho at 45.1%?

Does anyone know of any other sites showing otherwise?

Old 12-24-2020, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
If lockdowns are the answer, why is wide open Florida doing better than California?

According to one website, the California positivity rate is 13.1% and Florida is 10.1%. The CDC website shows California at 105.9 average daily cases per 100,000 while Florida shows 51.7 cases per 100,000 in the last week.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...r100klast7days

https://covidactnow.org/us/california-ca?s=1469425

https://covidactnow.org/us/florida-fl?s=1469425

I’ve never heard of Covid act now, but from their website:

“Who we work with

Georgetown University Center for Global Health Science and Security, Stanford University Clinical Excellence Research Center, and Harvard Global Health Institute“

The California government site shows a 14 day positivity rate of 12.4%:

https://covid19.ca.gov/state-dashboard/

This site shows California at 12.6% and Florida at 9.6%.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...s-july-14.html

It seems like the the state with everything open is doing better than the lockdown state. But Idaho at 45.1%?

Does anyone know of any other sites showing otherwise?

Just before Christmas, with links and innocent-sounding questions - that is an agenda. I've seen the same dishonest comparison on social media. This is the worst COVID-19 outbreak ever in California, and nobody sane or much concerned with the people's well-being would say it's time to lift lockdown, but that is what he is pushing for without quite saying it. Of course lockdown isn't a long-term solution, hence my old thread focusing on targeting private gatherings, but this isn't quite the time for discussing that either.

Also, everyone knows California isn't Florida. Lower percentage of elderly people (seldom out partying), a much higher percentage of Latino residents, a government that hasn't been caught falsely downplaying case numbers!

Although I just did, don't engage him beyond telling him to stop it. I don't feel like fighting anyone now, but I cannot condone that toxic type of post.

Old 12-24-2020, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Just before Christmas, with links and innocent-sounding questions - that is an agenda. I've seen the same dishonest comparison on social media. This is the worst COVID-19 outbreak ever in California, and nobody sane or much concerned with the people's well-being would say it's time to lift lockdown, but that is what he is pushing for without quite saying it. Of course lockdown isn't a long-term solution, hence my old thread focusing on targeting private gatherings, but this isn't quite the time for discussing that either.

Also, everyone knows California isn't Florida. Lower percentage of elderly people (seldom out partying), a much higher percentage of Latino residents, a government that hasn't been caught falsely downplaying case numbers!

Although I just did, don't engage him beyond telling him to stop it. I don't feel like fighting anyone now, but I cannot condone that toxic type of post.
Triggered again, huh?

Post a link to your claims instead of your usual nonsense opinions that are always wrong.

Putting Florida aside, California has some of the tightest restrictions and not even close to the lowest positivity rate. The lockdowns don’t work and aren’t necessary.

I’m glad that more and more businesses are defying the order. Targeted restrictions are needed, not total lockdowns.

Last edited by Mike930; 12-24-2020 at 09:21 PM..

Old 12-24-2020, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Triggered again, huh?

Post a link to your claims instead of your usual nonsense opinions that are always wrong.

Putting Florida aside, California has some of the tightest restrictions and not even close to the lowest positivity rate. The lockdowns don’t work and aren’t necessary.

I’m glad that more and more businesses are defying the order. Targeted restrictions are needed, not total lockdowns.
See, he admits it. He wants lockdowns lifted even in the middle of a crisis and condones and probably hopes to encourage defiance by businesses. Great human being there.

As for my claims, what, California vs. Florida? If anyone doubts that, he or she can look it up, and it doesn't change the extremism I just noted.

Old 12-24-2020, 11:19 PM

Quote:
See, he admits it. He wants lockdowns lifted even in the middle of a crisis and condones and probably hopes to encourage defiance by businesses. Great human being there.

As for my claims, what, California vs. Florida? If anyone doubts that, he or she can look it up, and it doesn't change the extremism I just noted.
Of course the lockdown should be lifted because it’s just hurting businesses without stopping COVID. That should be obvious, even to you. Targeted restrictions would be far more effective.

You can’t link anything to back you up because you’re wrong. Your opinions are worthless without data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California