Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2020, 05:11 AM

2,323 posts, read 1,581,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverOne View Post
Dont crap ever.LOL Havent heard this but there are some idiots out there getting there 15 minutes of fame.Not even George.....scratch that.Thinking of all the famous men that founded this country that had some less than desirable qualities like Patrick Henry .Thomas Jefferson,etc I guess why not.

Im speaking as a devils advocate not that I think they should
Protest Group Delivers Demands For Atlanta Mayor.

I had to dig a little bit to find this again, I thought it was removed for a second. I guess Keisha threw this these demands in the shredder because I haven't heard her even acknowledge them.

Regarding your "devils advocate," I guess so. Our people are behind enemy lines so to speak and a Rayshard Brooks statue and memorial really ain't smart in the long run (major fodder for the alt right Ben Shapiro and Fox News types among other). That would be very embarrassing for us ADOS.

Old 06-28-2020, 05:15 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,398,537 times
The protestors demand the pensions of the fired police officers given to the Brooks family?

Well, if you’re fired after only 5 or so years of service there isn’t a pension....

Old 06-28-2020, 05:28 AM

4,422 posts, read 3,521,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier de Saint-George View Post
Has anyone heard of the demands the Wendy's protesters made to the mayor? I've never heard anything so myopic and detrimental to a group of people in my life. I'm part of the 13 percent and erecting a statue and memorial to Brooks will only be weaponized against us to discredit and invalidate anything our people have to say (he's 2/3rds to be honest).
2/3rds what? I don’t understand your post.

Old 06-28-2020, 05:48 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,163,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
The protestors demand the pensions of the fired police officers given to the Brooks family?

Well, if you’re fired after only 5 or so years of service there isn’t a pension....
Critical thinking apparently was not involved in the development of their demands.

Old 06-28-2020, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
2/3rds what? I don’t understand your post.
I probably should have left that part out but in so-called Black messianic circles, it is a term used for a person who doesn't use wisdom and tact in their life in favor of debauchery. The way they move in life would lead to much detrimental trouble in their life.

Old 06-29-2020, 08:44 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,368,990 times
Continued fallout from Rayshard Brooks resisting arrest and assaulting officers and stealing a deadly weapon (Paul Howard's words) and deploying it at police. Innocent Atlantans are now suffering the consequences.

Quote:
He took issue with Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms, who until now has had a good relationship with cops, having pushed through a long-awaited pay raise.
“She’s going to listen to the mob” in calling for arrests of and sanctions against police, Segura said. “This is politics and the citizens are suffering. Being proactive will probably get you indicted under the current state of affairs.”

Quote:
He senses a bad vibe in the streets. “Everything is getting tense and the summer is just starting,” he said. “It is a free-fall. You ain’t seen nothing yet. It’s going to get buck-wild.”

Quote:
Bartell said the city must “try to redefine the relationship between the public and police” and quickly hire a new chief, someone who “understands community policing and hard-nosed policing.”
But, he added, “The community has to step up. We have to get into violence management in the neighborhood. We can’t lump it all on police. We are letting it happen. Our nephews and nieces are shooting each other.”

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/opini...LcxSVlrHZpb4H/

Old 06-29-2020, 09:33 AM
bu2

24,270 posts, read 15,112,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post

And there are laws about pensions and about use of city funds.

I'm sure there are lawyers reading to sue on behalf of Brooks family. There are courts for that.

Old 06-29-2020, 10:02 AM

20,548 posts, read 17,884,906 times
It's really stupid how the ignorant keeps blaming on others for their own problems. What did Wendy's do to get torched? Rayshard Brooks was blocking drive through traffic and Wendys called the cops to have him moved. What are they supposed to do? There were plenty of people angry about being held up by him. But many didn't know he was the person blocking traffic and thought the cops were brutally assaulting him for no reason again.

It's amazing how ignorant people are in general, something as simple as Rayshard Brooks getting arrested for DUI is routine and would not have caused any neighborhood issues has turned into another case of absurdity and overreaction.

Had the man just complied with the police who were professional in handling him none of this would have happened. You wonder why so many people hate protestors. They don't have very good reasons these days to protest. They are destroying the community than helping.

Old 06-29-2020, 02:48 PM

Yeah the folks at the Wendy's drive-thru line that witnessed Brooks getting shot wasn't there long enough to see what had happened. Someone just getting in line probably just saw Brooks running (while missing him having the cop's taser) and heard the gun firing and showed frustration to the cop.... I can't be mad at them, they saw the entire video later on.

Old 06-30-2020, 06:45 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,403,892 times
APD officer says he fears for his own safety on the job following protests, firings

ATLANTA — A career police officer who has served the city of Atlanta for nearly two decades says he no longer feels safe doing his job and is now preparing to call it quits.

The Atlanta police officer told Channel 2′s Michael Seiden that he made his decision after watching prosecutors charge the two officers involved in the shooting death of Rayshard Brooks.

One officer told Seiden that it's a daily struggle to get out of bed and drive to work in the morning..."

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...GYPEKGYEVPUV4/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta