Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2020, 08:10 PM

821 posts, read 728,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
So evidently the cop’s stepmother got fired from her job in Atlanta today. People are taking the guilt by association thing a bit far lately
Unreal.

Old 06-18-2020, 08:47 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,542,141 times
Quote:
So evidently the cop’s stepmother got fired from her job in Atlanta today. People are taking the guilt by association thing a bit far lately
Are you serious? Rolfe's stepmother? Incredible!

Old 06-18-2020, 09:19 PM

14,241 posts, read 4,617,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
So in addition to being unable to count to two, cops are unable to follow the rules...while using deadly force to enforce their own interpretation of the rules.
Yes, Graham vs Connor SCOTUS case law is based on the PERSPECTIVE of a REASONABLE OFFICER AT THE SCENE and not from a 20/20 hindsight and after- the -fact (aka momday night quarterback)

Old 06-19-2020, 05:53 AM

4,065 posts, read 2,152,780 times
Quote:

How'd you find this out? I tried to google it to see where she worked and couldn't find anything about it...

Old 06-19-2020, 05:55 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,542,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
How'd you find this out? I tried to google it to see where she worked and couldn't find anything about it...
I found it on Tucker Carlson and the national media but not local news.

Old 06-19-2020, 06:08 AM

1,005 posts, read 732,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
Looks like it's playing out first in social media after a Tucker Carlson report. The insurance company's posted that her firing was tied to violating company policy, creating an "uncomfortable workplace" according to other employees and during some leave of absence she went on. I personally suggest waiting it out for more details, especially if her leave of absence took place before the shooting and if her behavior took place before, too. If we find that her employees began to pile up on her after the shooting and her behavior followed after the shooting, then we can have a discussion about employment termination by association.

Old 06-19-2020, 06:38 AM

654 posts, read 529,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seussie View Post
Looks like it's playing out first in social media after a Tucker Carlson report. The insurance company's posted that her firing was tied to violating company policy, creating an "uncomfortable workplace" according to other employees and during some leave of absence she went on. I personally suggest waiting it out for more details, especially if her leave of absence took place before the shooting and if her behavior took place before, too. If we find that her employees began to pile up on her after the shooting and her behavior followed after the shooting, then we can have a discussion about employment termination by association.
The leave was requested by Melissa. It wasn't a suspension or anything of that nature.

She was fired because they found some comments on her personal social media which someone found offensive. Which, given the witch hunt environment we are in, means she probably posted a picture of her painting her dining room white - an obvious sign of her being a Nazi.

Read the companies pr doc. It's jammed full of dog whistles proving she was fired because of her relationship with the accused.

Last edited by LTCM; 06-19-2020 at 07:39 AM..

Old 06-19-2020, 06:39 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,358,363 times
https://www.11alive.com/article/news...5-f944fa09b197

Quote:
Operator: "Just advising of the pending - we have an audible alarm at 1101 Ponce de Leon Avenue and the intoxicated person at 880 (inaudible) street."

It was the second time the operator had asked for an officer to respond.

Finally, there was this exchange.

Officer: "We're having our unit(s) come back to the main. We are not answering 911 calls right now due to personnel issues. If you can reach out to other zones, or I will to have them assist with our pending."

Operator: "Received. They are strapped for units also."

Operator: "Due to safety issues I'm having my units (inaudible)."

Operator: "County supports precinct."

On social media, Atlanta Police maintained that "suggestions that multiple officers from each zone had walked off the job were inaccurate." They did, however, confirm a higher than usual number of officers called out from their shifts. Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms also appeared on CNN, saying it was all under control.

Old 06-19-2020, 07:22 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,292,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Given the rush to prosecute and jail the officer, I think it's just fine that brother and sister officers decline or delay calls for their assistance, especially in DUI, burglary, arson or other related activities.

Old 06-19-2020, 10:10 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,386,695 times
Interim Atlanta police chief: ‘We will not fail this city’

Interim Atlanta Police Department Chief Rodney Bryant said Friday that officer “sickouts” have not affected the department’s ability to respond to 911 calls..."

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...q8ycFWCgm7eVM/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta