Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 02:26 PM

2 posts, read 9,183 times

Advertisements

We have purchased a three bedroom unit in the Indigo Building. We immediately remodeled our unit with upgrades and additons, and have just completed the renovations. We have our furniture in place except for the two leather couches that should arrive within the next two weeks. If there are North Beach owners who are considering upgrade I would love to pass on the phone numbers of the craftsmen (and craftswomen) who helped us complete our condo. Mostly we utilized Dargon Construction subs, but our painters did a great job.

As far as the North Beach complex, we simply love it here. We have another condo up on Crescent Beach, but this is so much better. We were originally worried about the closings (if they would close?) but now are confident that everything will come together by next year.

If anyone has concerns that I can answer, I will respond to any posts.

WEOH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 07:45 PM

2 posts, read 9,067 times
Cool Decision Help and Recommendations

We just visited Myrtle last week from Raleigh and were floored by this project. We have sent a deposit in for a 4-BR in the Indigo Tower that became available when someone could not close. Have not signed the contract.

Many folks in this posting thread are upset with NBT.

If you have closed recently, please let us know your thoughts. In particular, how do you see this property from a rental income perspective? We are tad concerned that it has out-priced the market.

Also, we are looking for decorator and painter recommendations.

Thanks!

Old 10-28-2009, 07:58 PM

90 posts, read 367,278 times
This project is absolutely beautiful; however, I am still wondering why the people involved from Winchester and Scalise (owners and employees) who signed contracts to purchase specific units have not closed on their units. I was told during construction when I looked into this project that several people in those companies had contracted to purchase. Their delay is the main thing causing me to hesitate on this project. I am assuming that they either cannot afford to close or got special pricing and do not want their sales recorded because it will pull down the appraisals. Otherwise, I would think that they would have been among the first to close.

Last edited by mayhurst; 10-28-2009 at 07:59 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 10-31-2009, 07:42 AM

10 posts, read 34,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSailing View Post
We just visited Myrtle last week from Raleigh and were floored by this project. We have sent a deposit in for a 4-BR in the Indigo Tower that became available when someone could not close. Have not signed the contract.

Many folks in this posting thread are upset with NBT.

If you have closed recently, please let us know your thoughts. In particular, how do you see this property from a rental income perspective? We are tad concerned that it has out-priced the market.

Also, we are looking for decorator and painter recommendations.

Thanks!
If you have bought the unit for your personal enjoyment and use, it sounds like it is wonderful. However, rental income along the grand strand is down significantly. Even complexes with strong and established marketing programs have seen a reduction of around 20%. NBT is a high end project which may attract a different segment of the market than even most other major MB name resorts, but it does not have an established rental program, nor are all of the resort type amenities ready to open. I would not expect to cover more than a fraction of your costs with rental income, in my personal opinion.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:16 PM

2 posts, read 9,067 times
Thanks for the information. We spoke with Bob Edelman and encourage anyone with questions to do so as well. We are moving forward with a 4BR in the Indigo Tower. We will either be broke or ridiculously happy. Seriously, anyone who visits this property knows that there is nothing else out there like it on the east coast. Instead of reading this post again and again, I encourage you to take a tour of the fitness center, the spa, the pools and a unit.

Yes, it is expensive.

Yes, the economy is still fragile. But...

In the words of Tom Cruise, sometimes, you have to say....

BA

Old 11-02-2009, 11:14 AM

2 posts, read 9,183 times
Default North Beach Plantation

Congratulations NCSailing!! Welcome to a group of happy condo owners. Who knows what the future will bring, but we feel this product is solid and can only appreciate in value.

Sometimes your got to say, *****!!

Old 11-03-2009, 07:17 PM

90 posts, read 367,278 times
Why is Bank of America being recorded in so many of the recorded deeds? Also, why isn't some dollar figure given in these? Are these somehow purchases by employees and they don't want the sales amount recorded because it's significantly lower than for the general public? Maybe employees are getting the loans through Winchester (who is getting them through Bank of America)? Just thought this might be the case since there don't appear to be any closings under the names of Winchester and Scalise employees and owners. Just speculating on this, but it seems so odd to have so many with Bank of America listed.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:07 PM

13 posts, read 40,744 times
When you look at the recorded deeds, look under document type. The new closings are recorded as deeds, while the Bank of America recordings are partial release documents, which amends the amount of the original loan to the developer. Notice that the condo units associated with the Bank of America recordings are those of previously closed units. These are not new units being closed; it is the settlement between the bank and the developer for each unit's closing.

Old 11-17-2009, 12:33 PM

6 posts, read 33,553 times
It is a beaultiful place, no one disputes that, but doesn't anyone understand the chain of events that will set off shortly because of the fact they have closed 77 units out of 340 something?

Old 11-17-2009, 01:56 PM

26 posts, read 135,586 times
Could you explain the chain of events that will set off. So we will understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area