Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2010, 10:46 AM

3 posts, read 12,565 times

Advertisements

Be gentle...I'm a first timer here. My wife and I, along with our three boys (8,8 and 6) are planning a week log stay in Myrtle Beach the second week of June. We are looking at either Dunes Resort or North Beach Plantation. Can anyone give me any information regarding experiences with either of these properties. They both seem new but was wondering there are restaurants/shop, ect...within walking distance. Without getting into a big MB v. NMB debate, is the area around Dunes "OK"...as in not seedy. Also, what is the weather like in the middle of June? I'm sure it willl be busy, but what can I expect as far as crowds go? Any help with any of the above questions would be helpful

Thank you
J
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 01:11 PM

369 posts, read 1,096,080 times
can you give me the location of these places? Lots of locals probably haven't actually stayed but can give you an idea of the area I would think.

I can comment on the weather in June... beautiful. if you can deal with the major humidity!!! can see some clouds but mostly a good month (drink lots of water and stay by the beach as much as possible !! )

Old 01-28-2010, 05:53 AM

7 posts, read 20,354 times
The area arount the dunes is very good area. There is a restaurant in the dunes. Not much within walking distance but the traffic is lite in that area.

North beach is a nicer building and pool area (new) but still not a lot close for walking. Barefoot landing is across highway 17 but it wouldn't be save crossing that road on foot.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:08 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,006,902 times
I have to say that the beach in front of the Dunes isn't the best...it's a bit "sloggy" and hard to walk on! Most of the MB beaches have great, hard-packed sand, perfect for strolling....

Old 02-15-2010, 12:01 AM

90 posts, read 367,303 times
The Dunes Resort is more in the direction of the restaurants we frequent, Broadway at the Beach, movie theaters, and is still relatively close to the outlets on Hwy. 17. Between the two, that would be my choice.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:59 PM

1,518 posts, read 6,697,027 times
Is the Dunes Resort the same as Dunes Village Resort, or is this something different? If it's Dunes Village Resort, then it's a wonderful place with, as someone said, an indoor restaurant, indoor and outdoor pools, lazy rivers, and indoor water slides and lots of places for kids to play. We stayed there over New Year's not this past year but the year before and it was wonderful! I'm sure it's very crowded in June, but the area it is in is mostly residential so it's nice and quiet. Parking is across the street in a parking garage but there is limited-time parking right in front for unloading suitcases, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area